Author Topic: WAR  (Read 142042 times)

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
Re: WAR
« Reply #165: August 12, 2011, 03:30:44 PM »
Also, if ruler do backstab, wrong people for wrong reasons... they dont lose prestige, they lose their realm or atleast their position as ruler.

Red Span, Abington, Falasan... from Atamara. Some grudges and history events are carried very very long time and taken back to use when needed... were they correct or were they manipulated or forged, those are tools for start war... were those new or old news.

But i do understand STues point here... but but... sorry to say, you are wrong :) Nobles were humans too... I think serie Rome pretty much summed very well how "noble" thinks... even thought it is not medieval times, but still shows how lying and being ass is acceptable, as long as you cover it well and it benefits right people.
~Violence is always an option!~

Zakilevo

« Reply #166: August 12, 2011, 06:56:46 PM »
Meh. I think people are a bit over worked about all this. Sadly for all of you I do complain a lot and you can't do !@#$ about that.
But I have to agree this is BattleMaster not PoliticsMaster. If your realm has enough CS you crush the one that will benefit you the most. You don't really need a reason. I mean They don't even make one in the real world anyway. Just like how USA attacked Afghanistan and Iraq.

One thing I hate about Fronen is people are really quiet except for a couple people and they are not like Sirion. The army is hardly organized. Do people dump their inactive characters in Fronen? lol
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 07:04:13 PM by Zakilevo »

Stue (DC)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #167: August 12, 2011, 09:59:39 PM »
Politics is deception.

Anyone who says otherwise is selling something.

...And is probably a politician.

such oversimplified statement means nothing really. deception you are talking about is finely integrated within package of other things, if politician is successful.

here we are talking about lack of effort to make justifications, story which could initiate other stories and make game interesting to many over "hey why would we not take lands for those, it's ours if we form big band".

i am not a gamer, but saw some really trivial games which have no content but gathering as much players as possible within alliance which eventually becomes unsurpassingly stronger than others.

covering it with big words on forums will not help it to look and actually be trivial.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #168: August 14, 2011, 08:24:04 PM »
Chénier, you are by far the most  hypocritical person in this thread. You complain about some "bogus" reason as to why Riombara attacks Enweil, you boast that Riombara will be simply removed from BT... and neglect to mention that your secession was perfectly timed when Riombara invaded Enweil? Don't bull!@#$ everyone with "it was just random timing". It was a little too random.

What the hell are you talking about? Where's the hypocrisy here? Yes, I took advantage of the declaration to put a plan that was a long time in the making to action (earlier than I thought I would), but that has absolutely nothing to do with the rest of your statement.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #169: August 14, 2011, 08:25:03 PM »
Huge Battle Fought   (1 day, 2 hours ago)
Rumours spread and tales are sung about a huge battle in Lopa:
Enweil vs. Riombara
Estimated strengths: 660 men vs. 470 men
The Army of Fengen (Enweil), sponsored by Igor zepplins, Duke of Fengen, were led into battle by Marshal Merkandur Castillo.
The Army of Riombara (Riombara), sponsored by Sassan d'Serrai, Duke of Grehk, were led into battle by Marshal Evander Geronus.
Merkandur Castillo, Viscount of Gorin, Marshal of the Army of Fengen is spotted reading from the Ornate Tome.
Thefal Tezokian, Field Marshal of Enweil is spotted wearing the Band of Freedom.

Attacker Victory!

What, Riombara can't fight half a realm?

Rio's gonna regret this one.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #170: August 14, 2011, 08:31:27 PM »
nah. basically infantry vs archers.. archers won.
firefox

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #171: August 14, 2011, 08:34:34 PM »
nah. basically infantry vs archers.. archers won.

Yeah, Enweil is just too afraid to face us like men.

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #172: August 14, 2011, 09:51:35 PM »
If I may insert myself.

But I have to agree this is BattleMaster not PoliticsMaster.

'War is a continuation of politics by other means.'

There's no neat segregation here. War is politics and vice versa.

If your realm has enough CS you crush the one that will benefit you the most. You don't really need a reason. I mean They don't even make one in the real world anyway. Just like how USA attacked Afghanistan and Iraq.

The USA happens to be a superpower, and a nuclear armed one at that. The rules are different for it than they would be for medieval powers. You DO need a reason, or at least reason enough to convince the people you need to convince.
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #173: August 14, 2011, 10:04:45 PM »
If your realm has enough CS you crush the one that will benefit you the most. You don't really need a reason. I mean They don't even make one in the real world anyway. Just like how USA attacked Afghanistan and Iraq.
And the United States DID happen to give reasons for both.  Just because you don't like them doesn't mean they weren't valid at the time.

And enough countries did agree, and still do especially in the case of Afghanistan, that is was a valid reason as well.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #174: August 14, 2011, 10:16:21 PM »
Yeah, Enweil is just too afraid to face us like men.

Just wait till we join them  ;D
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Zakilevo

« Reply #175: August 14, 2011, 10:21:42 PM »
What was the reason for attacking Iraq? some kind of biochemical weapon that they didn't even have?

Well I will stop it there since US will be retreating soon (like they have the money to continue it).

I was surprised Enweil beat Riombara that badly. Is Riombara holding back or what?

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #176: August 14, 2011, 10:45:04 PM »
The official reasons were: 1) Iraq weapons of mass destruction, 2) Iraq connection with terrorism and 9/11, and.... well, that's pretty much it.

Of course both reasons didn't hold up over time. (Many of us Americans still view, rightfully I think, that both reasons were 100% BS from teh start.) But they were 'persuasive' enough to justify the war in the eyes of Congress. In BM you have to give reasons that convince the nobles who will be fighting the war and who can (theoretically) oust you from power if they don't take kindly to it.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #177: August 14, 2011, 11:27:16 PM »
The official reasons were: 1) Iraq weapons of mass destruction, 2) Iraq connection with terrorism and 9/11, and.... well, that's pretty much it.

Of course both reasons didn't hold up over time. (Many of us Americans still view, rightfully I think, that both reasons were 100% BS from teh start.) But they were 'persuasive' enough to justify the war in the eyes of Congress. In BM you have to give reasons that convince the nobles who will be fighting the war and who can (theoretically) oust you from power if they don't take kindly to it.

You just need to throw dust in people's eyes to begin the war, and then you'll have an army of rednecks and cowards both fighting tooth and nail to prevent the humiliation of admitting they were wrong and/or appearing cowardly for pulling back.

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #178: August 14, 2011, 11:37:25 PM »
You have a good point about people preferring to fight rather than admit to being wrong or appearing cowardly by 'pulling out.'

But even gung-ho types eventually lose their interest in supporting war if there's a lot of setbacks or defeats. Witness Abington's last days. A lot of the internal rebellion and dissent was simple unhappiness with the state of being constantly at war with vastly superior numbers of realms, with no end in sight. Even Gauihu (who was pretty good at propaganda use to convince his countrymen) lost his supporters when he made it clear that not only was peace not in the near future but that he was *increasing* the warlike prison state.

In real life, it wasn't 8 years before people turned against the Iraq war who initially supported it.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #179: August 15, 2011, 12:00:45 AM »
technically enweil out cs and definitely outnumber rio. and as i said.. lots of archers vs practically no archers...
"hi"
*shoot*
"bye"
firefox