Author Topic: WAR  (Read 141923 times)

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: WAR
« Reply #255: September 01, 2011, 04:14:31 AM »
Ok, thanks. Any IG examples that you know of? :)

In Atamara, Minas Ithil gave gold to Hammarsett as part of an agreement between the two realms. I'm fairly certain there have been other cases on Atamara as well in the more distant past.

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #256: September 02, 2011, 01:44:41 AM »
Yeah, Atamara is definitely were all the silly, ridiculous, ludicrously long and wordy treaties are at. Oh, I miss the days when I was in on the action of a good Atamaran treaty write-up!

Back on topic though, I hope Nothoi's been crushed. Hope the old BK Triumvirate is doing well over in Wudenkin/Verdomite! ;-)

Naidraug

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #257: September 02, 2011, 01:51:57 AM »
We are still alive and going fine.

The old BK triumvirate...not so much...
Stryfe Family: Tristan - Heorot/ Scherzer - Nothoi / Finan - Caelum / Arya - Farronite Republic

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #258: September 16, 2011, 02:21:20 PM »
Report from Guillaume Chénier   (6 hours, 38 minutes ago)
Message sent to the Rulers of Beluaterra (8 recipients)
These last election results are unbearable. Riombara has already attacked Enweil for no reason whatsoever, taking advantage of the fact that Enweil was still weak due to rogue spawns that had not affected her in any considerable way, indeed allowing her to steal a city that was ruled by Enweil before the monsters took it.

By the very same monsters Riombara's new ruler served. That Riombara's new ruler helped feed by throwing at them thousands of their own defenseless serfs to help these abominations to kill Avalon, and to try to kill Enweil and Fronen and Bara'Khur. Serfs your people had sworn to protect.

This is just the blatant evidence that Meridian Republic was nothing more than an extension of Riombara. They made the monsters leave Riombara alone, they used to monsters to attack Riombara's historical enemies, and they then reintegrated your big family once the monsters left. Too many of your nobles committed atrocious crimes under the monsters. Too many of them are now lords in Riombara. And now, one of the Meridian criminals rules Riombara.

Your record of vile deeds is not as lengthy as Sint's, but your deeds in this invasion are far, far worse. You did not just sit back as invaders destroyed human realms. You supplied them, fought alongside them, sacrificed your own subjects to feed them.

Today, the Imperial Host of Fheuv'n declares war on Meridian Republic. No realm will stand in our way this time as happened when we marched North, and if we don't crush you now, your realm will eventually pay for all of its crimes.

Guillaume Chénier
Hetman of Imperskoe Viys'ko iz Fheuv'na, Senator of Iato, Ambassador of Imperskoe Viys'ko iz Fheuv'na

Die! Die! Die!  ;D
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #259: September 16, 2011, 02:25:37 PM »
Trying to find better enemies to combat TMP? ;)

Who's Riombara's Ruler now?

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #260: September 16, 2011, 02:29:36 PM »
Trying to find better enemies to combat TMP? ;)

Who's Riombara's Ruler now?

I dunno, some noname who was part of Meridian Republic as far as I know. "Jethro Snow", never heard of him before.

The only enemy we can reach in the north is Nothoi, and Nothoi is worthless. May as well go fight the bigger threat.

Enweil's army was pretty darn worthless too, though, from what we observed... Running around like headless chickens. They were supposed to field an army of 12000 cs to join us, and less than 6000 CS ended up joining us. The Fheuv'n army is larger than the Enweilian army present...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Silverhawk

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #261: September 16, 2011, 02:57:47 PM »
Enweil's lapdog can bark, now let's see if they can bite  ::)
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; In practice, there is.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #262: September 16, 2011, 05:48:43 PM »
Enweil's lapdog can bark, now let's see if they can bite  ::)

Praise Fheuv'n for any victory, blame Enweil for any defeat.

They were supposed to bring double our might, and ended up bringing less than we did.  >:(

Tan dSerrai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #263: September 16, 2011, 05:55:45 PM »
Well, the Enweilian army /was/ considerably larger. Loosing a few battles and skirmishes tends to do bad things to your mobile CS.

And by the way, my applause on the reason for declaring war. That is by far the most tortured reasoning I have ever encountered - I love it!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 06:00:44 PM by Tan_Serrai »

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #264: September 16, 2011, 05:59:08 PM »
Well, the Enweilian army /was/ considerably larger. Loosing a few battles and skirmishes tends to do bad things to your mobile CS.

Losses were completely unnecessary, though. I've seen sizable chunks of their army march off in random directions to get slaughtered by a massively superior force for no apparent reason, with other nobles continuously leaking to face death without explanation. Defeats did lower their strength, obviously, but most of these defeats were because of battles that never should have happened, unfortunately.

Tan dSerrai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #265: September 16, 2011, 06:05:29 PM »
Defeats did lower their strength, obviously, but most of these defeats were because of battles that never should have happened, unfortunately.

Yes, of course.  Enweil simply had the misfortune to have their 'random' movements encounter simliar random movements of their enemies. Neither a competent enemy ever did enter into that equation nor carefully timed refits combined with forced marches, scoutings and surprise.   ;)  Riombara is - as we all know - completely incompetent, despicable and all around evil.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #266: September 16, 2011, 06:36:12 PM »
Yes, of course.  Enweil simply had the misfortune to have their 'random' movements encounter simliar random movements of their enemies. Neither a competent enemy ever did enter into that equation nor carefully timed refits combined with forced marches, scoutings and surprise.   ;)  Riombara is - as we all know - completely incompetent, despicable and all around evil.

When a handful of nobles go attack a region, without being ordered to, where it is *known* that the enemy has or will have a large presence, that enemy cannot claim any credit for it.

I'm not saying Rio doesn't have any credit for any victory, but these last few? Completely Enweil's fault. And it looks like you may win that battle to come. Again, completely Enweil's fault. Had they not sacrificed so many troops in the last few days, and had they not had a movement rate that looks to be around 30%, the defenders of Fwuvoghor would have been massively overwhelmed by a 18000 CS force. And Riombara did nothing impressive during that time, except moving to regions where Enweil troops were not supposed to be.

Though to mention it, Rio's performance, from my previous reports, did seem to be much less impressive than their performance in the last war (which was rather impressive). I can respect competence when I see it, and despite Rio having apparently lost some since the last war, they still remain among the most competent forces I have observed. From there to attribute their recent victories to "carefully timed refits combined with forced marches, scoutings and surprise", no. The forces it fought weren't even stragglers, its movement was predictable.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #267: September 16, 2011, 08:27:36 PM »
Though to mention it, Rio's performance, from my previous reports, did seem to be much less impressive than their performance in the last war (which was rather impressive). I can respect competence when I see it, and despite Rio having apparently lost some since the last war, they still remain among the most competent forces I have observed. From there to attribute their recent victories to "carefully timed refits combined with forced marches, scoutings and surprise", no. The forces it fought weren't even stragglers, its movement was predictable.

Why thank you. I think Tan_Serrai and I can both take some credit for the last war. This one's all Tan_Serrai. I was a Marshal for a little while when it started, but was not very good as these things go. I find it very difficult to be a Marshal or General these days. Not enough time, and not at the right times either. Being up at the sunrise turn change is pretty hard on me given my work schedule.

I am impressed that we can field 11kCS with only one of our armies, but then again I think our CS numbers get inflated by our large quantity of special forces units.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #268: September 16, 2011, 10:11:51 PM »
meh, i alone with my rubbish 5 range sf accounts for 1.2kcs
firefox

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #269: September 16, 2011, 10:16:13 PM »
meh, i alone with my rubbish 5 range sf accounts for 1.2kcs

I did notice quite a bit of bloated units. Must be slow for travels.

Good leadership is important, but active nobility is as well. If nobody follows one's orders in time, one is very limited in what he can accomplish. Rio's nobles seem to have been historically more active than Enweil's.