Author Topic: WAR  (Read 132457 times)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: WAR
« Reply #30: August 01, 2011, 06:07:29 PM »
Someone more reasonable.

Everyone here is dramatically overestimating Fronen's capabilities. What do you think we are, Sparta? How the hell do you expect us to fight off 30k CS all at once? We can barely field half that. Coordination does not appear to be even a slight issue for our enemies at the moment. As for counter-offensives, are you mad? By the time the current campaign is over we'll probably have lost Yipinalke, Vore and Jedinchel. We'll be counter attacking into our own former regions. I would be shocked if we manage to break out into the open after that.

I don't think we overestimated Fronen. I have fought them before, all it takes is walls of militia in a few strategic regions and the war turns into a stalemate or a victory for Fronen. This campaign was designed to keep that from happening this time. It would also have been a completely different story had BK been reformed before the war started.

But yes, you could say you're being gangbanged, it's just that it's 6 cities divided under 4 realms fighting 5 cities and a bunch of townslands all belonging to 1 realm. You can't blame weaker realms for banding together to take down the behemoth of the continent. :P

What surprises me most is that Fronen didn't really see this coming though, it's the oldest story in the book: overpopulated realms looking for wealthy lands to settle in (in the case of Thalmarkin and Nothoi). And it was a given that OG would want to continue their war with Fronen after having grown more powerful during the invasion.

That being said, it sucks that Fronen's Doge deleted (or jumped into the lake... :P) but of course it must have been a blow to see 4 realms march against you at once and then be blamed for it by your own nobles... All in all, a pretty epic start of the war for the allies. :)