Author Topic: WAR  (Read 142040 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: WAR
« Reply #180: August 15, 2011, 12:06:00 AM »
technically enweil out cs and definitely outnumber rio. and as i said.. lots of archers vs practically no archers...
"hi"
*shoot*
"bye"

Enweil has a smaller total CS than Rio on the stats page.

The amusing part is that Rio declared the war on Enweil thinking it had an upper hand. In reality, Rio's in the worst condition to start a war than they ever have been.

All the previous wars I can remember resulted in Rio being on the path (if not brink) of destruction and then being saved by extraordinary events, like a massive gang-bang or an invasion. This time, though, the blight has changed the game.

I also love how Rio's ruler is whining about their nobles being tortured. They were clearly warned: "If you back stab us for no reason whatsoever, your nobles will pay the price for it when they enter our dungeons".
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #181: August 15, 2011, 12:54:07 AM »
I also love how Rio's ruler is whining about their nobles being tortured. They were clearly warned: "If you back stab us for no reason whatsoever, your nobles will pay the price for it when they enter our dungeons".

When... was that?

Anyway, you don't always need the upper hand to start a war, sometimes you just need to start a war. That and your secession kind of messed up our entire strategy strategy. Goddamn Cossacks.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #182: August 15, 2011, 02:00:18 AM »
When... was that?

Anyway, you don't always need the upper hand to start a war, sometimes you just need to start a war. That and your secession kind of messed up our entire strategy strategy. Goddamn Cossacks.

That was when your Ambassador pranced over to our capital to talk about a prisoner agreement... during peace time.

We haven't even done anything yet. In fact, their would have been another six to seven thousand CS if we hadn't seceded. I dunno how that screws up your strategy... ???
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #183: August 15, 2011, 03:44:29 AM »
That was when your Ambassador pranced over to our capital to talk about a prisoner agreement... during peace time.

We haven't even done anything yet. In fact, their would have been another six to seven thousand CS if we hadn't seceded. I dunno how that screws up your strategy... ???

Their strategy was to have his forces steamrolled earlier, to invoke even more pity from the northern realms, I think?

And indeed, I think the message was sent pretty clearly to your ambassador, your ruler, and it was also said on the Glory of Enweil, which is public. I don't think I personally addressed your ruler back when I was ambassador of Enweil, but I did reply this to your ambassador, and Handkor never stated any disagreement over it, nor did anyone else.

Letter from Guillaume Chénier   (17 days, 3 hours ago)
Message sent to all Ambassadors of Riombara and Enweil (2 recipients)
Last time we had a prisoner agreement and you got a hand on one of our royals, you executed her anyways and never punished the one responsible. Considering that Riombara now has many of those of Meridian Republic, yourself included, that helped the monsters destroy Avalon and steal Fwuvoghor from us, I do not see anything to build any trust upon.

If you declare war upon Enweil, you would be the only ones to blame for the fate of those we capture.

Rather, I would advise you to seek a peaceful relation, and to rather offer compensation for all you and your Meridian Republic kin have inflicted upon ourselves and our allies during the invasion. We do not seek war, but your message is threatening. If you add insult to injury by declaring war on us again, the Enweilian armies will have no empathy when retaliating.

Guillaume Chénier
Duke of Iato, Ambassador of Enweil
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #184: August 15, 2011, 10:10:30 AM »
And indeed, I think the message was sent pretty clearly to your ambassador, your ruler, and it was also said on the Glory of Enweil, which is public. I don't think I personally addressed your ruler back when I was ambassador of Enweil, but I did reply this to your ambassador, and Handkor never stated any disagreement over it, nor did anyone else.

Great. Ambassadors....

Oh well, I guess it'll make this war a little rougher, nothing wrong with that, from an OOC perspective.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #185: August 15, 2011, 12:57:50 PM »
Words.

I'm confused.  Is IVF just a subsidiary of Enweil?  What's the political dynamic here?

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #186: August 15, 2011, 04:54:38 PM »
Strategic secession, it looks like.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #187: August 15, 2011, 05:18:44 PM »
Strategic secession, it looks like.

I've never heard of a strategy that revolves around moving a fourth of your forces' recruitment to the far end in the opposite direction.

Great. Ambassadors....

Oh well, I guess it'll make this war a little rougher, nothing wrong with that, from an OOC perspective.

Seems like some people were hiding stuff from the rest of you.

I'm confused.  Is IVF just a subsidiary of Enweil?  What's the political dynamic here?

Whether or not it is is for you to find out IC. I'm rather amused, though, as how none of the rulers (other than Handkor, obviously) bothered to contact Fheuv'n since it seceded to woo it. If you ask me, *everyone* has strategic interests in making friends with Fheuv'n, so I have rather poor esteem in the rulers of BT at this time. The only letter of the kind I'd have expected to receive came from a non-ruler/non-ambassador I believe. Rio's ruler did send a letter, but it basically said "I'm surprised to see you secede. Why? Well, I'll be declaring war on Enweil now as planned". They didn't try to give me any incentives to attack Enweil by, for example, promising X and Y regions. Just as Fronen didn't try to protect their flank by making sure I wouldn't go hostile on them or Enweil.

Rather sad, really.

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #188: August 15, 2011, 05:21:48 PM »
Whether or not it is is for you to find out IC. I'm rather amused, though, as how none of the rulers (other than Handkor, obviously) bothered to contact Fheuv'n since it seceded to woo it. If you ask me, *everyone* has strategic interests in making friends with Fheuv'n, so I have rather poor esteem in the rulers of BT at this time. The only letter of the kind I'd have expected to receive came from a non-ruler/non-ambassador I believe. Rio's ruler did send a letter, but it basically said "I'm surprised to see you secede. Why? Well, I'll be declaring war on Enweil now as planned". They didn't try to give me any incentives to attack Enweil by, for example, promising X and Y regions. Just as Fronen didn't try to protect their flank by making sure I wouldn't go hostile on them or Enweil.

*Cough*

It's because everybody wants to kill your realm in the end. No need to get friendly.
Ardet nec consumitur.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #189: August 15, 2011, 05:22:04 PM »
I'm rather amused, though, as how none of the rulers (other than Handkor, obviously) bothered to contact Fheuv'n since it seceded to woo it.

Didja ever consider it might be because they all hate you? ;D
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #190: August 15, 2011, 05:23:55 PM »
I've never heard of a strategy that revolves around moving a fourth of your forces' recruitment to the far end in the opposite direction.

It's well known that IVF intends to pummel Nothoi and then turn on Sint. Secession seems like a wonderfully strategic solution, in that case.  I don't have a personal problem with "strategic secessions", but if this is the benchmark for an acceptable reason, it's time to revisit the matter in Arcaea.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #191: August 15, 2011, 05:27:45 PM »
Didja ever consider it might be because they all hate you? ;D

Doesn't matter. Uncompromising rulers are bad rulers. You need to be able to tolerate people you otherwise would hate, at least temporarily, if it allows you to further your own ends.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #192: August 15, 2011, 05:28:16 PM »
Doesn't matter. Uncompromising rulers are bad rulers. You need to be able to tolerate people you otherwise would hate, at least temporarily, if it allows you to further your own ends.

Most people don't do this. Just sayin'.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #193: August 15, 2011, 05:34:15 PM »
Most people don't do this. Just sayin'.

I'll speak up for his perspective, though.  Rarely does the approach work out, but it's integral to the way I approach the game as well.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #194: August 15, 2011, 05:36:14 PM »
Let's just say Guillaume has not done anything to distance himself from Enweilian rule. Not before the secession when you were sending pro-Enweil and anti-Riombara propaganda out to at least one friendly ruler and not after now you're basically acting as a background noise in support of Handkor.

I don't see why we should consider IVF to be a separate entity when you don't make the effort to do it yourself, unpronounceable titles aside.

And then there's what everyone else has already said... :P