Author Topic: So You Want To Join The Far East - An Overview of the Realms  (Read 35518 times)

TDLR

• Freeman
  • Having Fun.
    • View Profile
The Principality of Zonasa:

General Role In The Story:  Zonasa is (was) the peaceful realm of the continent for most of it's history. Admittedly this is a hard position to play when the game is titled "battlemaster". Zonasa has historically intervened for peace, but that's been changing a bit lately. As the realm has grown (as the result of the demise of her allies in Svunnetland and Soliferum, unfortunately), the Principality is growing to accept her new role on the continent (and in the game in general) as a protagonist. When you're a one duchy realm, it's easy to be an afterthought. When you're a 4.5 (does Haul really count?) duchy realm, you've got to take some initiative. Zonasa hasn't bucked her peaceful ways entirely and as she's pretty much grown to the fullest extent possible (and all lands that could be sustainably annexed are controlled by allies), there's not an active push for aggressive expansion. Presently, Zonasa relies on sticking up for her allies in conflicts to bring action to the realm (although, again, trying to change that).

Stories That Tend to Be Told:  There are remnants of many realms in Zonasa. The Grand Lodge of Lunaria, Svunnetland, and Soliferum are all represented. Many stories and experiences, therefore, are quite old as far as gameplay goes. As a result, new players/characters might find themselves not understanding the full content of an RP. Of course, most nobles are happy to recount history if asked, but it can be overwhelming I think. The Order of the Elders is the dominant faith, led principally by priest Phellan. Noteworthy: there are more followers of the Order of the Elders in Zonasa - a realm that is pretty much tolerant of all religions - than there are in C'thonia - a realm dedicated to the religion. Anyway, the Order is very prominent in Zonasa, although there are at least three other religions present in the realm (Trinity, Aenilia and Echad). Regent Erandi is obsessed with honor and hates infiltrators, which sets up a bit of tension with some realm leaders (Batesaor is RPed to be a Pirate City, the Duchess of Alanurs is/was a fairly skilled infiltrator, The General's brother is a prominent infil, etc...). Erandi is also very much influenced by his council, which has led to some rather embarassing reversals of policy (see his "solely committed to the defense of Aenilia" statements... and then marching into Arcaean territory not two days later).

Characters Who Might Have Difficulty:  Ones that stir up trouble of course! :P No, really. Characters who want constant conflict will find themselves frustrated in the Principality (trust me, I know!). Anxious players as well. Sometimes I think Zonasa would be more suited for the colonies... Zonasa's core players are a relaxed bunch. There are times where we go a few days without logging in (typically we provide a heads up, but still...) Most of the conversation is limited to upper circles and private messages, but realm-wide RPs always seem to come in waves. Some weeks everyone is really active. Other times, we're really flat. If your character needs to be constantly stimulated, Zonasa will not be a great place for him.

Historical Proxy:  I failed history. repeatedly.

Final notes: Zonasa is a growing and developing realm. Slowly the tired 'peaceful' realm is coming around to be more assertive.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." -- Winston Churchill