Author Topic: So You Want To Join The Far East - An Overview of the Realms  (Read 35400 times)

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
Cathay is actually slowly growing in nobles. They have 11 now from 8 a couple of days ago - likely those who didn't want to be abruptly dragged into Toupellon. Given they're showing their loyalty to Cathay, I wonder if they know their king is in the process of selling them out to Zonasa.

Same with Ohnar West, but things are still going slowly. Good thing I've learned a lot about 1-duchy realms. Aurvandil and IVF are great teachers. We should settle out around at least 15 nobles I'm hoping - which allows us at least Larodias and Nbasah. It's not much, but it's something
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Same with Ohnar West, but things are still going slowly. Good thing I've learned a lot about 1-duchy realms. Aurvandil and IVF are great teachers. We should settle out around at least 15 nobles I'm hoping - which allows us at least Larodias and Nbasah. It's not much, but it's something

Damn, and I thought Fheuv'n was tiny with its 18 nobles.

Did things ever change over the years...!
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Kain

• Noble Lord
  • Prepared for both the book and the sword.
    • View Profile

I think about Avamar with it's 40+ nobles and only 1 region (a medium sized city). Now that is more nobles than any realm on Beluaterra or  Dwilight has (except for Astrum in the latter case).
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 08:30:59 PM by Kain »
House of Kain: Silas (Swordfell), Epona (Nivemus)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
I think about Avamar with it's 40+ nobles and only 1 region (a medium sized city). Now that is more nobles than any realm on Beluaterra or  Dwilight has (except for Astrum in the latter case).

40 nobles!? You can rule half a continent with that nowadays, and dominate the other half!
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Cathay is actually slowly growing in nobles. They have 11 now from 8 a couple of days ago - likely those who didn't want to be abruptly dragged into Toupellon. Given they're showing their loyalty to Cathay, I wonder if they know their king is in the process of selling them out to Zonasa.

Oh the cruel irony. But who knows? Toupellon may invade before its to late.  :P
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Oh the cruel irony. But who knows? Toupellon may invade before its to late.  :P

What ever did happen to Cathay?

Last I was on FEI, I was an advy of the Antoza Commonwealth, then Cathay was formed and they were total dicks to my advy (arresting him, keeping him for a whole 7 days, then arresting him again within less than an hour of him being released, keeping him for another 7 days...), and the Commonwealth died, so I flied to Arcaea where I used my recommendations to get ennobled, and then I got myself captured by the enemy and deported to BT, and that was the end of that. Cathay feels too old to have so few nobles!

Kain

• Noble Lord
  • Prepared for both the book and the sword.
    • View Profile
Cathay feels too old to have so few nobles!

Cathay lost 3 out of 4 duchies when Toupellon was formed, and the nobles that went with them.
House of Kain: Silas (Swordfell), Epona (Nivemus)

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
Cathay lost 3 out of 4 duchies when Toupellon was formed, and the nobles that went with them.

Ohnar West id glad there is another realm with fewer nobles then them  ;D
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile

Oh for those phenomenal days when the top five/six realms in Atamara all had well in excess of 100 nobles each!

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
Oh for those phenomenal days when the top five/six realms in Atamara all had well in excess of 100 nobles each!

I'm disappointed I missed those days. It would be great to see that happen again  :D

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile

These were quite different days.

I can't really imagine/remember what that was like, but even on BT, despite half the lands being blighted, we don't have anywhere near as many people as before per realm...

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Weren't you on AT for the Epic Tournament of Epicness, Chenier?

645 participants in the 11th Nov 2006 tournament in the Cagilan Empire, Atamara, called by Vengence Darkwaggler

That was insane. The sheer number of messages that were sent that week was incomprehensible. I don't think I read more than one or two out of a hundred. I think it was mostly about badgers. And impromptu rock concerts. And badgers.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Oh, and did I mention that there were badgers there, too?

Lots of badgers.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Weren't you on AT for the Epic Tournament of Epicness, Chenier?

645 participants in the 11th Nov 2006 tournament in the Cagilan Empire, Atamara, called by Vengence Darkwaggler

That was insane. The sheer number of messages that were sent that week was incomprehensible. I don't think I read more than one or two out of a hundred. I think it was mostly about badgers. And impromptu rock concerts. And badgers.

Badgers? I might have been there indeed.

However. Not certain, though, but it rings a bell. I started in September 2006, though, so that's quite a while behind in my memory.

Badgers are one thing I won't miss...
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 07:44:00 AM by Chénier »

Hyral

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Boo, why do people only remember the badgers -.- There was something like four tortured love stories, at least two promised duels to the death, a bunch of hilarious fights between the EAers/CAers (really miss that rivalry...), a drinking/betting game run with offline dice, and I'm pretty sure the Makarians (Norlanders?) feasted upon our horses.

There are times when I really wish that I'd started FoxTalks earlier and recorded that beast of a tournament for posterity...So many great RPs that the youngin's are never going to know about. Tournaments are BM history, I tell you, we must remember them properly for the next generation!