Author Topic: So You Want To Join The Far East - An Overview of the Realms  (Read 35415 times)

BarticaBoat

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Boo, why do people only remember the badgers -.- There was something like four tortured love stories, at least two promised duels to the death, a bunch of hilarious fights between the EAers/CAers (really miss that rivalry...), a drinking/betting game run with offline dice, and I'm pretty sure the Makarians (Norlanders?) feasted upon our horses.

There are times when I really wish that I'd started FoxTalks earlier and recorded that beast of a tournament for posterity...So many great RPs that the youngin's are never going to know about. Tournaments are BM history, I tell you, we must remember them properly for the next generation!

never forget
those friggen badgers LOL
but i think xanio was involved in up to half of those fights... and i think he got really, really high? makarians and norlanders indeed ate all the horses, and we were forced to horseless joust. good times. i miss it.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Boo, why do people only remember the badgers -.- There was something like four tortured love stories, at least two promised duels to the death, a bunch of hilarious fights between the EAers/CAers (really miss that rivalry...), a drinking/betting game run with offline dice, and I'm pretty sure the Makarians (Norlanders?) feasted upon our horses.

There are times when I really wish that I'd started FoxTalks earlier and recorded that beast of a tournament for posterity...So many great RPs that the youngin's are never going to know about. Tournaments are BM history, I tell you, we must remember them properly for the next generation!

Because badgers and vikings in tutus were pretty damn stupid. I tend to remember stupid more than I remember drama.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Haerthorne

• Marketing
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Haerthorne Family
All we heard was that the Vikings were prone to mental disorders. And squirrels. Or am I mixing up Ikalak?
Returning player, player of the Haerthorne family, marketing team member, and prospective fixer-upper-er of the wiki.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
All we heard was that the Vikings were prone to mental disorders. And squirrels. Or am I mixing up Ikalak?

Squirrels. Right. Had forgotten about that. Thank you.  >:(
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
I'm disappointed I missed those days. It would be great to see that happen again  :D

The big OOC discussions we were having then were about whether you could really foster a good community in realms of 100+ players. How anything beyond 100 was just going to break or what have you. I don't care whether there was anything in it or not, I'd happily have the problem again ;-)

645 participants in the 11th Nov 2006 tournament in the Cagilan Empire, Atamara, called by Vengence Darkwaggler

Most depressing thing about that figure? There aren't even 500 nobles in the entirety of Atamara now :'-(

This is why being a monarch can suck. I missed this one. But I do remember being taught to horseless joust by some Makarians/Norlanders at one tournament or other! Atamara deffo has the best tournaments, hehe.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
There was way too much going on. Literally hundreds of messages for that character every time I logged on. I for one didn't even attempt to read much of any of it. About all I did for that week was get some free training.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Scarlett

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
What ever did happen to Cathay?

Several successive generations of nobles went by and only a handful of the original group from Lasanar + allies remained (of whom James was one of the youngest). I left, came back, then left for good, as most of the people that founded Cathay along with me (and upon whom I depended quite a lot at the time) left BM in 2007 or 2008 for various reasons, mostly due to disagreements over the higher-level part of the game requiring a huge amount of time managing peasants rather than the intrigue and RP that made the 'almost but not quite there yet' portion of the game so much fun.

There were some pretty capable second-generation Cathayans holding down the fort for a long time, but when I was last there a year ago, it was already in a slow death spiral, but had good enough diplomatic relations that the actual death part didn't occur for a while.

Sorry about your adventurer. I don't remember throwing anybody in the dungeon when we first took Anacan but it's certainly quite possible that somebody did. A lot of the founding characters were pretty stark royalists who felt like adventurers were meant to be seen delivering the furniture and not heard.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
wouldn't bother with Arcachon if i were you.
firefox

Kain

• Noble Lord
  • Prepared for both the book and the sword.
    • View Profile
wouldn't bother with Arcachon if i were you.

Huh?
House of Kain: Silas (Swordfell), Epona (Nivemus)

Heq

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Everyone has been writing off Arcachon as dead forever and a day.  It wasn't three months ago people were talking about Arcachon being a Colony of Ohnar West and look how that worked out.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
Having three realms rush to your aid might have had something to do with that.

I've never written them off though.  I still think that Arcachon will eventually lose, but it's going to be a nasty fight.  I have no frickin' idea how Arcachon is maintaining that many troops, though.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile

I've never written them off though.  I still think that Arcachon will eventually lose, but it's going to be a nasty fight.  I have no frickin' idea how Arcachon is maintaining that many troops, though.

I would suspect that those from their religion whom live outside of Arcachon may be giving some assistance :) And now that they have peace with at least one southern neighbour food sales could be bringing in a pretty penny.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile

Same team is the one fielding the massive second-only-to-morek army on Dwilight.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Same team is the one fielding the massive second-only-to-morek army on Dwilight.

That is a bit misleading. Arcachon has members from the Dwilight group, but its not the full team last time I checked, and has considerable input from players not associated with them.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile

Not really. We fought off Arcaea alone for a long while till Ohnar joined in against us. Arcaea has failed on multiple occasions to crack the Isle by itself. When it managed to siege Enlod, it was thanks to Ohnar and Arcaea bringing their entire armies to the city. Now too Arcaea has been successfully held off by our armies.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell