Author Topic: Worldbuilding - BattleMaster at its best  (Read 15767 times)

Zane

• Knight
  • Ignore that sociopathic stuff. We're quite nice!
    • View Profile
Re: Worldbuilding - BattleMaster at its best
« Reply #30: August 03, 2011, 11:28:10 PM »
I think a major change in the game is that the playerbase has aged. The oldest are now 10 years older than when they started--even those like me from 2007, are 4 years older. We've married, had kids, graduated highschool and/or college, gotten a job, etc. So we don't have a lot of time to write or even read long narratives--but we still love battlemaster, and so we become buttonpushers.

While I wouldn't go quite that far - I'm more than just a button-pusher - I did definitely scale back my participation.  I simply didn't have time to give the game the attention it deserved.  I paused all but one of my characters so I could spend what little time I had all on one.  Besides, anyone who's played in Outer Tilog knows that it's an addictively-unique sort of place, even on BM terms. I couldn't possibly give that up. :-) 

So many of us have too little time to do the game and its characters justice.  I love the game, I love the community. I think my BM account is older than just about any account I have on any service anywhere (except maybe my original Gmail account).  The fact that it's held my interest for close to 8 years is stunning given how little time I have to play online any more.

This idea of a freeform RP based in the BM/SM universe has definitely sparked my interest.  Enough so that I might even find reasons to make more time to play.

-Greg