Author Topic: Worldbuilding - BattleMaster at its best  (Read 16030 times)

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Worldbuilding - BattleMaster at its best
« Reply #30: August 04, 2011, 01:53:58 AM »
I've been working on some changes that should return more narrative to the game for a long time now.

Unfortunately, over the years the BM codebase has become a pretty horrible mess. We're working on cleaning that up now, which is a requirement for some of the more interesting changes to actually ever be finished.

I keep seeing good news in random threads. Estate reform possibly by christmas. Other mysterious changes in the works. How will I ever free myself of this game if there's always something juicy and new coming along on the horizon? >.<

I think a major change in the game is that the playerbase has aged. The oldest are now 10 years older than when they started--even those like me from 2007, are 4 years older. We've married, had kids, graduated highschool and/or college, gotten a job, etc. So we don't have a lot of time to write or even read long narratives--but we still love battlemaster, and so we become buttonpushers.

I went through quite a long button-pushing phase myself but now I'm trying to do better. Anyone who feels the same, I implore you to peruse the Making Stuff Happen - A Rant thread. It's inspired me to get my arse in gear once more. If all us button-pushing veterans got our mojo back and started interacting again, showing the young'uns how it's done, maybe we can restore those better days we all remember.