Author Topic: The Colonies are Dead (Long Live the Colonies)  (Read 1774 times)

daviceroy

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: The Colonies are Dead (Long Live the Colonies)
« Topic Start: November 23, 2022, 10:24:22 PM »
I will add a few cents to the jar as I am one of the people who have played a ruler on Colonies off and on for 5 years.  My activity has diminished over the last decade from when I started playing.  I was brought into BM by my late partner.  I've had certain disagreements over the years with the way certain things have been ran.  I don't hide this fact.

With this said, Colonies being one turn a day was an interesting idea originally to me.  I joined the Colonies to have a different experience.  I stayed because of the people.  Even when I was thinking of leaving the game, I kept my character to the side just in case I wanted to continue.  However, the world seemed to get further and further apart.  A bit of indifference happened as we shrunk down including myself.

At this point, I wouldn't bother creating a new character on Colonies.  It runs very slow and it is hard to keep any story going long.  GM's have been trying their best and I nod to them at this, but the player based stories have fallen.  So, what's my point?  Is this just a diss track?  Nope...

Things I would like to see with Colonies:
1) Switch it over to 2 resets a day
2) More Developed Religious Realms
3) Player Realms bordering each other again

I like the ideas of making it where you can have more troops or a bonus for playing on it.  Might get a bit more people into it.