Author Topic: Fame: points in the beginning of a family?  (Read 17316 times)

Arrakis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Fame: points in the beginning of a family?
« Reply #15: August 09, 2011, 03:09:31 PM »

the course of events you described seems to be ultimately unnatural - you are likely ooc invited to some specific realm, you already ooc explained that you are old player who knows the ropes,  so suddenly you ended with 300 gold, money that many diligent players do not see for years, you are given trust and confidence though nobody could know your green and unproved char at all, so there is no any rp-ing background, and all that happens on continent that was proud to call herself rp-ing continent once.

I like what you wrote in there. However, I would like to hear an opinion on my own happening and whether people find it good or bad. In 2007/8 I started the Arrakis family, played with them for like 2 years, and the family became relatively known. Then I deleted the account, tried with a few new families but the feeling was nowhere near the old ones, so I've recreated the Arrakis account like a year ago. I made all the new characters of course (there weren't any reincarnations of old ones), but the majority of them are roleplayed as sons of the old characters from the old account. I've practically done this because of myself, as i get a lot of kicks in having a family with pretty large history behind it and the rp between different generations.

In the realms that I've joined with these new chars no one mattered much or objected when I've connected them to the old account. However, we have a situation now in ibladesh, where my new character Abraxas (relatively new, 1 year old account) is running for the ruler of Ibladesh. In my announcement letter I've mentioned his connection to Mythos (who was once a ruler of ibladesh and a pretty popular figure there); to be more precise: Abraxas is being roleplayed as a son of Mythos. Hence I mentioned he is royalty (in a perfect roleplay game i could have said he is a heir to the throne really, but i doubt the mindset of BM players would be ready to accept that). So, now I have a few players who said OOC and IC that that is pretty lame and stupid, as i can't connect those two accounts in any way, and their IC thesis was that he is fake. I have defended Abraxas pretty well IC, though. However, just to prove that Abraxas is not a fake, some other nobles even had to go that far to say that they remember him as he was a kid, running behind his father.

My question is this: how should a *good* BM player approach this subject? Should he go along with that which I find to be an interesting roleplay, or should he discard the roleplay simply because the game doesn't show any records of any Mythos ever existing on my new account? I have connected the two accounts via Wiki, but it is impossible to do in the in game family records.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 03:48:21 PM by Arrakis »
Gregorian (Eponllyn), Baudouin (Cathay), Thaddeus (Cathay), Leopold (Niselur)