Author Topic: Fame: points in the beginning of a family?  (Read 17326 times)

psymann

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Fame: points in the beginning of a family?
« Reply #30: September 21, 2011, 04:16:03 PM »
I've just gained 2 mysterious fame points as well, also for a new family.

New account... and now I've got my first 5 fame points all in one day. Particularly unhelpful for me to try to work out what they were for. I have three characters (two warriors and one adventurer) who did the following:

Between Sunrise and Sunset:
 Mardel - Took part on the winning side of an attacking battle to end a takeover attempt, though retreated from the battlefield in the process. 10507 vs 8763 CS.
 Mardel - Gained 2 Honour and 2 Prestige from above battle
 Mardel - Increased to 10 Prestige overall as result of above (1)
 All Chars - Increased to 20 Prestige overall as result of above (1)
 Despite these happening between sunrise and sunset, the fame points did not appear at sunset. Fame was still at 0 after sunset where I was expecting it to be 2.

Between Sunset and Sunrise:
 Parve - Bought adventurer gear taking from 31% to 33%
 Parve - Wounded by an alpha monster for the second time in the same region in consecutive days
 Orlen - Bought from 35-50, then from 50-52 (max possible for his honour) mixed infantry troops
 Orlen - Won an election for a lordship (10 votes for, 0 abstentions, 9 not cast)
 Orlen - Became Lord as result of above election (1)
 Orlen - Added to a realm's message group

So I was expecting to get three fame points for all that happening together, though oddly they all appeared at sunrise, not sunset, so I guess fame is only credited at sunrise each day. One for 10 Prestige for Mardel. One for 20 Prestige for them all put together. And one for Orlen becoming a Lord. But yet I got 5 fame points, so what were the other two for?

Could it be for participating in that big battle (the first really big battle he's been in, and certainly the first really big battle he's been in and helped win)? Seems one of the most likely.
 Could it be for the adventurer getting more adventurer gear? Seems unlikely.
 Could it be for the adventurer getting wounded by the monster? Seems also unlikely.
 Could it be for winning an election? Such that winning a Lordship election gave two fame points, one for the lordship, and one for the election win? Possible, perhaps.
 Could it be for recruiting over 50 troops for the first time? Possible, perhaps.
 Somehow I need two fame points out of all that lot, and my bets are on winning the big battle, and getting the 50 troops, but who knows :-S

---

The two common ones I could spot with Danlawyer was the recruitment of 50 troops, and the acquisition of a first fame point (though that latter one sounds like a fairly unlikely one to give fame for getting fame!), though having said that, Dan said all his mysterious fame then diappeared again the following day, so I guess I keep an eye out tomorrow and see if it drops back to 3.

psymann