Author Topic: The Mercantile Mongoose: The New Ledgers of Calculon Rizz  (Read 1704 times)

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Roleplay from Calculon Rizz Player experience level: mentor Player play preference: rp-combat
Message sent to all nobles of Sandalak (21 recipients) - 16 days, 7 hours, 11 minutes ago

One week ago - Saenna

Calculon had really been quite ready to get back into the action, but there was a problem - a small problem, but one that was burning a hole in his pocket, and had been doing so for some time.

And so it was that, shortly after midnight, a coughing could be heard outside the tent of a soldier called by most The Silent Giant, or the Masked Giant, for he was both silent and masked with an iron war mask when in their company, and also an uncommonly tall and broad individual, hence the Giant part.

"Go away, I'm sleeping," growls the Giant, neither silent nor masked - nor even clothed - in this moment.

"No you're not! No you're not!" squeaks a familiar, protesting voice from outside. "You're talking, so you're not sleeping! Let me in, Bo!"

The Giant sometime named Bo Dodger sighs. Well, the little fella does keep bread on my table... "Fine, fine. Come on in, Calculon," he groans as he rises and throws on a sealskin tunic.

Calculon bursts through the tent-flap just as Bo achieves some semblance of modesty, his big round eyes bulging out of his big round head with excitement about - something. Really, he just kind of always looks like that.

"Do you have any coffee?!?!?" he asks the Giant as his big round eyes dart around the small - by Giant standards - tent.

Bo sighs again. "Calculon, it's gotta be past midnight. Coffee time's over for most of us til the morning. What do you need mine for, anyway? You're the one with the Sandalak estate. I'm just an anonymous ice-fisher-hunter these days, except when you come and drag me off to some thankless battle."

Calculon's eyes bulge even wider as he visibly constrains his ever-prickly frustration. He stammers slightly as he attempts to compose a response.

"W-w-we-well..! I should think that my gold is thanks enough..!"

Bo cuts him off with a wave of a giant hand and sighs again. "Alright, fine. Sure, I'm grateful to you, Calc. I got a big ol' Toren wife and three big ol' three-quarter Toren kids to feed back in Rhic. The occasional scrap-for-cash does help out when the fish ain't biting."

Calculon's wide face splits open in a big-toothed grin. "So you'll make some coffee?!?!?" he asks with preemptive glee.

Bo sighs a third time. "Yeah, fine," he says at length, and begins digging through his pack to find his coffee tin. "You got water boiling?"

"Of course! A strategic strategist like myself always plans ahead!" Calculon chirps with glee as he grabs the coffee tin from Bo and bursts back out of the tent flap.

Well, you could have planned ahead and brought enough coffee... the Silent Giant sometime known as Bo Dodger says silently as he turns back toward his walrus-hide sleeping bag.

Calculon pokes his big round face back through the tent flap. "Well?!?! Aren't you joining me?!?!?"

Bo sighs a fourth time, throws on his sealskin breeches, and walks out into the chilly Saenna night to see what the hell his boss wants.
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.