Author Topic: The Mercantile Mongoose: The New Ledgers of Calculon Rizz  (Read 1709 times)

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Roleplay from Calculon Rizz Player experience level: mentor Player play preference: rp-combat
Message sent to all nobles of Sandalak (20 recipients) - 8 days, 22 hours, 50 minutes ago

Over a week ago or whatever - Saenna

Calculon never ends up singing the song of Bendy Lou ​​for Bo, as they both get smoked up and forget all about it.

But Bo ends up telling Calculon a very funny story about the time he was Dread Sovereign of Taselak for a few days, which is a story that has many laughs as well as many lessons for Calculon and others about trusting the wrong people.

Calcy loves ​​​​raaha. It is the most amazing thing he has ever experienced, his already-superfast big brain suddenly working at around ten-times efficiency, the world in slow motion, but his mind of clean clinical numbers has already decided to never, ever smoke it again.

He will break this promise to himself some several times to come, but Calculon has already sensed an opportunity, and needs no one to tell him the rules of the game. ​​Never get high on your own supply.

He rolls the hard little black seeds around in his hand inside his pocket and cocks his head at Bo.

"Bo, I'm sleepy," he says.

"Yeah, that's normal after a bit."

"Bo, I'm never sleepy."

"Yeah, I know," says Bo with a funny little tight-lipped half-smile on his giant face. His eyes look kinda sad though.

"Bo, will you sing me a song while I fall asleep?"

"A song? All I know is old songs, kid. I'm not like your boy Bard with the hippity-dippity stuff."

"That's ok," Calculon murmurs as he squinches down into his fur-lined greatcoat, coffee mug slowly tipping in his hand as his big round sleepy eyes glow with the dimming firelight.

"Alright, then," says Bo, reaching out to snatch Calculon's coffee before it falls. My coffee. No use wasting it, I'll be up anyway...

And he sings, and it should be noted that Bo is half-Toren, from Toren Stronghold, the poor part. His noble father sired him in secret, not allowing him to know of his noble identity until he came of age at 17.

So he speaks with a Toren peasant's accent, which makes some words like "passing" sound like "pausing", so this is what Calcy hears as he passes out as Bo sings him a song of his people;

It was the politics of pausing out
and other things I thought about
Wondering if, and despairing of
when you and I might meet again

Well I made up lines, I saved up quotes,
I swam through schemes, I burned with hope
Waiting for the moment when
any of this might matter again

We must burn
but burn joyfully,
and give off light Unalloyed joy
at least for tonight

Alright
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.