Author Topic: Tops and Flops  (Read 24424 times)

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Tops and Flops
« Topic Start: March 05, 2011, 02:05:36 AM »
Tops
  • Rebellion - Probably one of my favourite bits of BattleMaster. I love all the wheeling, dealing and skulduggery of a rebellion!
  • The Hierarchy system - The move to greater fluidity and power all through the hierarchy is good and makes me really excited for the future.
  • Armies - They completely revolutionised the game.

Flops
  • Estates - Thought they were punitive even when we did have a larger player base. Now estate management has become a meta game. Trying to manage an insufficient number of nobles into various problem regions and finding that a traditional war is out of the question.
  • BM hates mobile devices  - The severity of the experiences differs from device to device, browser to browser, but generally I've struggled to use BM on anything other than a computer.
  • Religion - Too many faiths are just realms by another name and used as a bureaucratic device to keep peasants happy. Too many players either join faiths simply not to upset that status quo (and so don't engage with the faith at all) or aren't joining religions full stop. I suppose it's a player problem as much as anything else, but religions appear much more peripheral and unimportant now, since being firmly established, than they were a few years ago whilst battling for position and dominance across many realms.