Author Topic: Tops and Flops  (Read 24688 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Tops and Flops
« Reply #45: April 06, 2011, 02:57:50 AM »
Well too bad, I guess. What's the big deal about that anyway? We could just erase scrolls from the game completely, since they don't actually contribute much...Of course, that would just bring on complaints about how scrolls were taken out. But now the complaint is that scrolls are too rare so casting them is often unsuccessful. Then if we make it more common, inevitably some people will start complaining that they are overpowered and throw accusations of people making slave advies just for getting scrolls, or some other complaints. In the end, there's just no making people happy, so the question becomes, would altering the current system make significantly more people happy than they are now?

Nail on the head Artemesia. The other option is to make scroll effects so insignificant that nobody bothers with them. There is a reason unique items don't grant extra CS, or allow you to throw fireballs at your enemy or something.

The other thing is that magic isn't supposed to be common place, especially among nobility. I have always thought this was one of the reasons nobles can't directly interact with Sages and Wizards. A noble that has practised magic enough to be proficient, should in my opinion be considered suspect in most cases by his peers.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.