Author Topic: Searching for Sages and Wizards  (Read 35828 times)

Huntsmaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Searching for Sages and Wizards
« Reply #15: August 11, 2011, 05:37:31 AM »
I wouldn't think so, as instead of buying every unique that shows up, paying good gold for them, and maintaining them in good shape, I just stopped caring about them altogether. Especially since you can lose them (for good) just by getting a light wound in battle. Absolutely not worth the hassle. Even that +8 prestige +10% infiltration armor I had... dropped it due to a light wound, never found it again. Wouldn't have repaired it anymore, though, as it basically needed to be passed back to the adventurer every week. What's the point of me wasting my time to meet with the advy and then the advy wasting materials if the item is never used?

Unlike scrolls, who actually have (or will have) an interesting effect and do not deteriorate. I'd rather unique items be as rare are scrolls and as enduring, rather than just these cardboard trinkets that fall apart in a week even if not actually used in battle.

Heh. I was agreeing with you. If items became unusable at 0% durability instead of turning to ash and blowing away, then adventurers might have more repairing to do.
Agiri (Carelia) Tinwe (Greater Aenilia) Ayrl (Fissoa) Wyllham (IVF)