Author Topic: Barca  (Read 233788 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Barca
« Reply #240: July 25, 2011, 12:38:48 AM »
Yeah, Celtiberia is definitely a region to love. Its partially why I suspected and still suspect that Nark will be the first of the two taken. Celtiberia's population is shooting up while being the only thing limiting improvement in production. It is or will be pumping out food, especially after winter has ended. Barca won't be short food to export, so the other reasons to take Nark will spring up. Even cosmetic reasons :)

Celtiberia's food production is a reason to take Kydonia first, not Nark. Taking Kydonia provides a buffer zone against monsters for Celtiberia. Taking Nark creates one for Thysan. And I imagine Nark is harder to hold due to bordering Eregon and Twainwood.

I think Aurvandil's wiki claims to have some good relations with Barca and D'Hara, but as far as I'm aware that's been fairly limited contact between the rulers. Not exactly making trade agreements or talking about sharing military support.

We tried to forge some higher-level contacts. They ignored us.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner