Author Topic: “Til Death” option for Hero characters.  (Read 12231 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: “Til Death” option for Hero characters.
« Reply #15: September 22, 2011, 02:52:59 AM »
I think that placing the restriction of "no fame points gained by this action" would be pretty much ok.

Regarding forcing someone to kill you, when you attack someone with lethal force you /are/ basically saying: "defend yourself or die". It is not "execute me while I'm unarmed", but "use self-defense if you want to live". It is something every Hero is doing every time, though with very slight chances of death. What would be the problem? If the other player's unit is set to Defensive or Normal and you are at peace with him, you will have to be the aggressor (your fault), if it is set to Aggressive or Murderous then he /was/ picking up a potentially lethally (to the other) fight.

Don't you think?

You miss the point, because this almost guarantees the Hero will die, it could be used to provide motive for wars extra. Basically you could create throw away heroes to try and influence the political and diplomatic game via this. I am sure people can think of other ways to make this almost certain death work in their favour as well.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.