Author Topic: The Marrocidenian war  (Read 562170 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: The Marrocidenian war
« Reply #855: December 14, 2012, 01:12:08 PM »
If you're interested:

Cour Impériale De La Noblesse De Chevalerie -> More or less grammatical, although it's a weird construction.
Assemblée de Royal Sovereign l'armée du Haut -> Assemblée Royale Souveraine de l'Armée du Haut
Royaliste Campagne de L'armée -> Armée de Campagne Royaliste
Rois Propriétaire Gardes Impériaux -> I assume you mean "King's household"? The it would be Gardes Impériaux de la Chancellerie
Orvandeaux Battaillon Etrangere -> Bataillon Etranger d'Orvandeaux
Caraque de la sang -> Caraque du Sang or Caraque de Sang

Litterally?

Cour Impériale De La Noblesse De Chevalerie -> Imperial court of the nobility of chivalry
Assemblée de Royal Sovereign l'armée du Haut -> Assembly of royal sovereign the army of the high (the highlands? the top?)
Royaliste Campagne de L'armée -> Countryside royalist of the army / Campaign royalist of the army
Rois Propriétaire Gardes Impériaux -> Owner kings imperial guards
Orvandeaux Battaillon Etrangere -> Foreign (lack of accents) bataillon (improper gender) Orvandeaux
Caraque de la sang -> Carrack of the (improper gender) blood.

I'm not even sure what any of these are meant to mean, as a native French speaker. It's not only the improper placement of words, it's also the choice of words.

For Rois Proprietaire, I got that of Wikipedia I think (Reputable as ever) and I think it's meant to be "King's Imperial Household Guard".

A google search for "Rois Proprietaire" in wikipedia yielded no results. If it's some expression, I'm not aware of it. It just sounds awful, either way. It litterally means "owner kings", with king plural and owner not. The sole mentions of "roi propriétaire" that I found are references to "owning" king, as opposed to a king consort, which would remain an ugly expression but make sense and be appropriate.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron