Author Topic: update  (Read 20299 times)

Gustav Kuriga

Re: update
« Reply #15: September 23, 2011, 05:51:22 AM »
Ugh, I was already feeling sick. The confusion when the Spellmaster theme came up nearly made me puke. I'm not saying it looks bad, it was just a mind-freak.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: September 23, 2011, 06:50:05 AM »
Ugh, I was already feeling sick. The confusion when the Spellmaster theme came up nearly made me puke. I'm not saying it looks bad, it was just a mind-freak.

Same. Totally not used to it. I also dislike how it shifts the whole forum like 2 inches to the right. Then again, the reply box is an additional two inches to the right of that. I quite dislike it.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: September 23, 2011, 07:19:47 AM »
Indeed. This theme is neat, but the old is far superior.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #18: September 23, 2011, 09:49:32 AM »
There's no point in whining, the old one isn't coming back because it's not 2.0 compatible and apparently isn't maintained anymore. So search me a fitting 2.0 compatible theme (http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/) or build one. If you build one, you need to maintain it if there are updates to SMF.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: September 23, 2011, 10:16:15 AM »
Do you want it to be medieval looking or can it just be a well done, classy looking one?
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #20: September 23, 2011, 10:42:45 AM »
Do you want it to be medieval looking or can it just be a well done, classy looking one?

I want it to fit to BattleMaster, which means the default modern blue look is out. It doesn't have to be medieval, but it shouldn't scream "Web 2.0! look at me!" and the colour scheme should be similar to the game.

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
Join us on IRC #battlemaster@QuakeNet
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.

Morningstar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: September 23, 2011, 02:17:56 PM »
Confused the heck out of me for a sec there...Also, is there any way to get the top bar with links to all the parts of the game back for the forum?  It's very handy.

Yeah, I'm fine with the theme, but any chance of getting the quick links back at the top?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: September 23, 2011, 02:35:24 PM »
http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=2269

This one is the updated version of Clear Mind, the theme we were using before.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

psymann

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: September 23, 2011, 03:11:41 PM »
Prefered the old one, but I get that it has to change, and this new look is ok...

...except for the left of the screen.  Any way to get it to stop wasting the left two inches of the screen with blankness?

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #25: September 23, 2011, 03:22:41 PM »
Let's be clear here. I'm not saying I don't like the theme. I'm just saying I was literally feeling sick at the time, and the change from one style to the other confused me so much as to cause my stomach to flip. I actually wouldn't have minded any other day, but I was suffering from dizziness, a headache, and nausea yesterday. Not a good combination.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: September 23, 2011, 04:52:05 PM »
Let's be clear here. I'm not saying I don't like the theme. I'm just saying I was literally feeling sick at the time, and the change from one style to the other confused me so much as to cause my stomach to flip. I actually wouldn't have minded any other day, but I was suffering from dizziness, a headache, and nausea yesterday. Not a good combination.

I don't mean to whine, but I personally do quite dislike the new theme. The text box is like 4-5 inches to the right of the screen. While my screen is huge, I can imagine that would be a problem to many.

Then why don't we use it? Imo, it's by far the best looking of all those presented, though Green Bean was slightly better than most.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

egamma

« Reply #27: September 23, 2011, 11:16:19 PM »
Then why don't we use it? Imo, it's by far the best looking of all those presented, though Green Bean was slightly better than most.

There's no point in whining, the old one isn't coming back because it's not 2.0 compatible and apparently isn't maintained anymore. So search me a fitting 2.0 compatible theme (http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/) or build one. If you build one, you need to maintain it if there are updates to SMF.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: September 24, 2011, 03:07:48 AM »

I am assuming this means the 2.0 version, though it may in fact not be maintained anymore, I don't know.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: September 24, 2011, 03:09:24 AM »
I'm not a huge fan either, as I do not care for the contrast. The background is a bit bright for my taste. I'm just glad you brought the distinct 'New' icons back. This morning I was about ready to pluck out my eyes...