Author Topic: Religious power rankings  (Read 44782 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Religious power rankings
« Reply #15: October 05, 2011, 04:28:48 AM »
The Prophet claimed to speak for the false Aenil Linwe, if I'm not mistaken. As far as members of MAE endorsing your idolatry, perhaps the sly words of the Cra'ithil blew mist before their eyes as well!

I'm sorry, you became the authority on the Aenil when? You have a religion that basically claims that every god know is just a element of the Aenil. Come back when to me when you have some sort of standing with MAE outside of GA. Meanwhile we have the last surviving Paladin to vouch for the position of Linwe :)

Tinwe would welcome a chance to destroy the heretic Cra'ithil, but I don't think that GE is ready for another dance with Arcaea.

Considering the poor effort GA put in with the support of PoZ and the fact that Arcaea also had to defend its northern border, GA never really danced with Arcaea the first time, they kind of just sat around and watched their allies put up a good show.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 05:43:45 AM by De-Legro »
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: October 05, 2011, 04:29:15 AM »
This. That and the fact that slowly, quietly, things are being maneuvered to place MAE in a sort of oversight capacity with umbrella coverage over many of the other religions. MAE embraces all the Aenil, but many of those worshiped by other religions may very well be simply one patron Aenil in the larger pantheon.

And I have yet to really begin. Too many squirrely things going on politically and I'm getting my skill up.

We already embrace the Aenil as teaching the Path, thus it gets away being a Variant in Order Lands - hence why we aren't too nit picky about things with the MAE.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: October 05, 2011, 05:55:16 AM »
Yeah, but you're int he worst possible place for a new faith, smack dab in the middle of the Orders power base.

We'd push 270K followers if we were allowed to out you :D

Indeed, but it's one of the few places that guarantees us safety via quote, unquote "freedom of religion." Not to mention Zonasa's Regent is now a member.

Also, I feel we're having some moderate success: spreading our peasant base steadily. Two priests (sometimes three, one just paused for a bit, though) and around 9-10 noble members. No Lords thus far, which has been my biggest obstacle.

We'll see.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: October 05, 2011, 06:04:26 AM »
Indeed, but it's one of the few places that guarantees us safety via quote, unquote "freedom of religion." Not to mention Zonasa's Regent is now a member.

Also, I feel we're having some moderate success: spreading our peasant base steadily. Two priests (sometimes three, one just paused for a bit, though) and around 9-10 noble members. No Lords thus far, which has been my biggest obstacle.

We'll see.

You could always try to expand into Arcaea, so long as you find a willing Lord there are no laws against religions, unless the religion is found to be promoting treason.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: October 05, 2011, 06:15:28 AM »
/shrug

Wasn't really rating MAE's "power" so much as documenting who belongs. I think Jenred and Guy du are both MAE for political reasons, and Guy at least is loath to involve MAE in conflict (though I think Ryu was worse that way).

Tinwe would welcome a chance to destroy the heretic Cra'ithil, but I don't think that GE is ready for another dance with Arcaea.

Jenred actually is a religious fanatic, you know.  I think he was the only one to fight Mosesadelphia on theological grounds as much or more than anything else.  And he's working on a few other things that I hope will be ready to unveil within the next year, give or take, to show how very deeply he holds his faith.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: October 05, 2011, 06:22:57 AM »
You could always try to expand into Arcaea, so long as you find a willing Lord there are no laws against religions, unless the religion is found to be promoting treason.

Indeed, I did have someone up there who was going to try to eventually get a temple built and spread things a little bit. Unfortunately, he left the religion a while ago without ever saying why.  :-\
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Huntsmaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: October 05, 2011, 07:13:10 AM »
I'm sorry, you became the authority on the Aenil when? You have a religion that basically claims that every god know is just a element of the Aenil. Come back when to me when you have some sort of standing with MAE outside of GA. Meanwhile we have the last surviving Paladin to vouch for the position of Linwe :)

lol

I don't have standing in MAE in GA or anywhere. I just think that some heretics need to burn. FEI needs more religious fanaticism.  ;)
Agiri (Carelia) Tinwe (Greater Aenilia) Ayrl (Fissoa) Wyllham (IVF)

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: October 05, 2011, 07:16:26 AM »
lol

I don't have standing in MAE in GA or anywhere. I just think that some heretics need to burn. FEI needs more religious fanaticism.  ;)

You mean beyond the Sartan/Adghar conflicts, the last religion that got wiped out because it supported the False God Tony (Twilight something?), and the simmering issues in Zonasa?  There's a lot of fanaticism on the Far East, but MAE isn't a good place for it, simply because of the way the religion is set up.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: October 05, 2011, 07:25:14 AM »
lol

Try actually acquainting yourself with the religious politics of the continent before making such claims. It wasn't that long ago that Adghar fanatics went buring temples of Sartan in Arcaea. There was also some religious Turmoil with Thain down south. FEI does a better job with religions then most. Hell we had a bloody crusade against a noble calling himself a god that resulted in at least two destroyed realms, and you always have the ill fated attempts of Sartan to found a new realm.

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: October 05, 2011, 07:32:22 AM »
You mean beyond the Sartan/Adghar conflicts, the last religion that got wiped out because it supported the False God Tony (Twilight something?), and the simmering issues in Zonasa?  There's a lot of fanaticism on the Far East, but MAE isn't a good place for it, simply because of the way the religion is set up.

The Twilight Guardians were well and truly destroyed before Tony ever joined the game.

The Trinity wiped them out when it destroyed The Grand Lodge, way back before Nighthelm lost power.    A few Guardians and their Temples were around - but they were pretty much gone.   The Order kept one of their temples protected, but it fell down to disrepair a while ago, and that was their end.

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: October 05, 2011, 07:34:53 AM »
Try actually acquainting yourself with the religious politics of the continent before making such claims. It wasn't that long ago that Adghar fanatics went buring temples of Sartan in Arcaea. There was also some religious Turmoil with Thain down south. FEI does a better job with religions then most. Hell we had a bloody crusade against a noble calling himself a god that resulted in at least two destroyed realms, and you always have the ill fated attempts of Sartan to found a new realm.

Dont remind me.   I love Senoske and Thain's religious fanatacism. . .but they always manage to cause the Order trouble ><  Nothing like having two religious armies fighting each other. . .and worshipping the same faith :D

"You're the heretics!"  "No, YOU are!"

Short version of Thain vs Kindaran Order members :D

BardicNerd

• Noble Lord
  • Evans Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: October 05, 2011, 04:09:49 PM »
Dont remind me.   I love Senoske and Thain's religious fanatacism. . .but they always manage to cause the Order trouble ><  Nothing like having two religious armies fighting each other. . .and worshipping the same faith :D

"You're the heretics!"  "No, YOU are!"

Short version of Thain vs Kindaran Order members :D
And Thain vs. Zonasa, too . . . then I play the 'I can build a bigger temple than you' card.  Because obviously temple size is a measure of religious devotion.

Well, they did consider it to be in the middle ages, so at least I'm being historically correct. . . .

Huntsmaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: October 05, 2011, 05:26:33 PM »

You mean Adgharists and and the church of Sartan arguing about whether they were "burning" temples or merely "closing" them? That's pretty fanatic, but it doesn't quite measure up to Sanguis Astroism or Lady Allison.
Agiri (Carelia) Tinwe (Greater Aenilia) Ayrl (Fissoa) Wyllham (IVF)

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: October 05, 2011, 06:31:24 PM »
It wasn't that long ago that Adghar fanatics went buring temples of Sartan in Arcaea.

We didn't burn them! We had a party to show you that Sartan is really Tark! But you guys got out of hand, knocked over a few candles, some drapes caught fire and the place burned down. Totally your fault :P

Heq

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: October 07, 2011, 03:13:44 AM »
Well, the last bunch we most certainly burned.  C'mon, Ciann's offical title means "Terror/Ghost Queen" so at least the ones she closed were done using a health dose of stabbing and fire.

Heck, she'd probably give up the dutchy of Enlod if she could have Sartanian's banished from the North once and for all.

As a side note, there is a branch of Adgharianism which considers itself a subset of MAE theologically (just that the other entities are unworthy of worship).