Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1032842 times)

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #2985: June 21, 2013, 01:27:29 AM »
For an Asylonian to grow old is the saddest thing, better to die in battle.

Says the 64-year old ruler of Asylon.

Telamon

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986: June 21, 2013, 01:32:00 AM »
Play nice, everyone...

Also – an exciting, large scale, war is what Dwilight really needs.
Lewis Therin (Phantaria) – Lanfear (Fronen) – Ishmael (Adventurer/Phantaria)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987: June 21, 2013, 01:58:12 AM »
Corsanctum looks easy enough to overrun.

Not really, if you consider diplomacy. Those able to wouldn't do so themselves, and wouldn't let others do it either.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988: June 21, 2013, 02:27:06 AM »

Im not the ruler of Asylon :( and my character is a hero been since I started. Its not like I am avoiding death or battle, its just that none of you have been good enough to take down this prize.  :'(
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989: June 21, 2013, 05:39:24 AM »
Also – an exciting, large scale, war is what Dwilight really needs.

Not all wars are created equal.

I'm game for a continent-consuming conflagration.

But only after we reach 100% conversion.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Kwanstein

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2990: June 21, 2013, 05:44:24 AM »
Which will never happen because your method of converting people loses you players (through boredom) faster than they can be converted (which is at a glacial pace).

cenrae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991: June 21, 2013, 08:46:49 AM »
SA is only boring if you do not get involved. I originally did it way back when cus all the cools people did while I was in Xinhai. Now its funner than ever for me. So much going on!
Kye Family: Khari (Farronite Republic), Kalidor (Tara), Astridicus (Astrum)

Bjarnson

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992: June 21, 2013, 12:02:17 PM »

He is NOT the ruler of Asylon.
King Grimrog Bjarnson of Asylon.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993: June 21, 2013, 02:05:29 PM »
Thats two times in one day... One of the nobles of Asylin replied ' yes my king'  8)

Hey Grimrog, share the throne dude! 8)

Actually, Grimrog and I think very alike. Except Grimrog isnt as flamboyant with his rhetoric. I enjoy working with him. I enjoy every noble in Asylon who is active, opinionated and likes to have fun or chaos. We are all in Asylon to have fun, that means loose goals with short term planning. I dont think any of us are in it for the power or control we just enjoy coming up with some random idea and seeing where it goes. I think the other realms are far more analytical and looking at far too long term goals, in Asylon we live right now, there is no long term strategy, constantly come up with ways to cause trouble, find new ways to do things, do things differently than our neighbors just because we can and because its more fun to do things off the top of our heads than striving to maintain the realm or philosophy for years and years. We might be in Dwilight a long time, we might be gone tommorow, who cares as long as it was fun. And if it means we have to be the evil enemy of Dwilight, so be it... Because being bad is good fun.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 04:19:40 PM by Glaumring the Fox »

Telamon

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994: June 21, 2013, 07:25:11 PM »
Not all wars are created equal.

I'm game for a continent-consuming conflagration.

But only after we reach 100% conversion.

I think, for the sake of the game and player interest, that the priority here should be keeping things exciting for as many people as possible. Ultimately, a SA worldwide conversion just isn't going to happen, and if it does, it would only be interesting for those higher up members of SA like yourself.

This war, which could potentially be the most even fight against SA in recent memory, would definitely put some life into the game for everyone involved.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 07:36:00 PM by Telamon »

Telamon

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2995: June 21, 2013, 07:32:26 PM »
SA is only boring if you do not get involved. I originally did it way back when cus all the cools people did while I was in Xinhai. Now its funner than ever for me. So much going on!

So the implication is that unless you're an active member of SA, and you contribute, and you're a member of any of the theocratic realms, their vassals, neighbors, or any realm politically intimidated by SA, you're just out of luck?

That is just a game killing attitude. This war will exist because many players are sick of the SA coalition, and true to the Battle Master spirit, want to overturn it and make something different. We should encourage a split!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 07:39:53 PM by Telamon »

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996: June 21, 2013, 08:29:11 PM »
The thing I see is 'entitlement' . Not one realm or RP or religion is entitled to anything in BM the only ones who mean anything are the nobles and their willingness to take what is theirs. SA cannot survive without its alliances, the harder they squeeze the more realms will slip through their fingers...

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #2997: June 21, 2013, 09:48:22 PM »
The thing I see is 'entitlement' . Not one realm or RP or religion is entitled to anything in BM the only ones who mean anything are the nobles and their willingness to take what is theirs. SA cannot survive without its alliances, the harder they squeeze the more realms will slip through their fingers...

Defiant, to the last...
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Frostwood

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998: June 21, 2013, 09:56:09 PM »
Defiant, to the last...

All realms will fall in line when we show them the power of the Bloodstars(Deathstar).
Characters:Lain Frostwood, Ghostfire Frostwood, Talia(commoner)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2999: June 21, 2013, 10:02:56 PM »
...the harder they squeeze the more realms will slip through their fingers...

Did you paraphrase Princess Leia on purpose, or incidentally? I think incidentally since it's not worded quite the same, but still, it was the first thing I thought of... *cough*Iamanerd*cough*