Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1032960 times)

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #3600: February 04, 2014, 12:56:54 AM »
I'm refusing to try because there is absolutely no guarantee that it's even worth it.

Case A:

We lose, Jonsu retains control.

Case B:

We win, Jonsu retains control because she can.

Case C:

We win, Jonsu willingly lets go of control.

Jonsu apparently worked hard on this scheme. Jonsu is in the best position in Dwilight right now. Why on earth would she willingly let that go?

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3601: February 04, 2014, 12:56:59 AM »
OOC-wise, if Jonsu is offering a convienant way to oppose her and you are afraid she won't let you easily topple her....then why would you refuse to even try?

Why wouldn't we? We've just been shown that game mechanics trump role play so why should we bother with his role play when he already used the game mechanics as a cudgel? If we're to continue our best bet is to disregard the mini game and play by the real mechanics.

Even if she is the tyrant queen of the bloodstars, you can actively work against her...inside the church and out. Enoch did it within the church, Jonsu did it without. If this comes to it SA will be refounded under the old charter and it will be tasked with colonizing Dwilight from the heretic popess.  Does that really sound so horrible?

The main problem is it's ridiculous that Jonsu gets handed the church and we start from scratch when all common sense says it should be the other way around.

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3602: February 04, 2014, 01:01:18 AM »
We refuse to participate, because we refuse to condone this type of behavior. That it's okay to hijack the combined efforts of many people because the mechanics allowed for it. There are no rules against it, and quite frankly, from the history of how Battlemaster handles things, I'm pretty sure nothing short of account deletions will this gain the attention it requires. But hey, we are here discussing OOCly because despite what Jonsu and Enoch say, this was made possible because the OOC mechanics made it possible.

Bronnen

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3603: February 04, 2014, 01:22:21 AM »
I say that we just have a referendum in the church and elect a third party and just ignore the other two. The person who is elected will be the Official head of the church and JOnsu and Alaster will have to seethe and rage because they're being completely ignored.

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3604: February 04, 2014, 01:24:12 AM »
I say that we just have a referendum in the church and elect a third party and just ignore the other two. The person who is elected will be the Official head of the church and JOnsu and Alaster will have to seethe and rage because they're being completely ignored.

That might work.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #3605: February 04, 2014, 01:32:20 AM »
Fine then. Change class from Priest, and I will remove you from the religion. It was abuse a few days ago when Fulco was a Priest, and he was decent enough to change class to be removed (thereby circumnavigating game mechanics as you now condemn me for trying to do IN YOUR FAVOR). Maybe I'll just destroy the organization, if thats going to be the attitude.

I just find it funny that for ages the attitude of some of the very people crying "I'm taking my ball and going home" was "The Elders are the Elders, and that is it." and now suddenly that is proven wrong, and they decide to quit because they're not "winning". I don't give a !@#$ about "winning" because you can't win BM.

I've heard "but thats not provided for in the charter!" from some people who have no right to reference Sanguis Astroism's charter. That Charter is a joke, and for ages its been ignored when politically convenient (read Niselur) or even completely replaced to achieve purely political purposes. Now someone else is ignoring it, successfully, and not in the favor of those who have benefited from ignoring it in the past and its suddenly CHEATING AND POWER GAMING AND ABUSE.

I was recently sent a message out of character from a player, whom I never really had the much regard for, and continue to not have much regard for them saying "they should take away all of your fun medals because you killed our fun!"

If your fun relies on an institution in this game, you are playing it WRONG. Institutions are fine. They rise, the fall. Even the Roman Empire fell, and if an institution that stretched from Spain and Great Britian, through North Africa and in the Middle East can fall, then so can Sanguis Astroism. Europe survived. The Middle East survived. North Africa survived. Dwilight will survive too.

It saddens me that it will be because some players weren't happy about not being in charge. Pettiness laying low the largest religion Dwilight has ever seen, pretty sad.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3606: February 04, 2014, 01:36:04 AM »
You can all enjoy the Bloodmoon Fruit now...  8)
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3607: February 04, 2014, 01:46:20 AM »
Seriously? My last post was moderated out? On what basis is it offensive or violates the forum rules? Some of my other posts, sure, but THAT one?

Vellos paused. Rabisu left. I'm probably gonna leave, though I'm giving the titans a chance to react, though they always fail to. A number of newbies have expressed disgust with what they've just witnessed. None of the "establishment" of yesterday-SA really wants to play along in any way with this minigame he so graciously offers.

NONE of this is surprising. Is stating what's going on against the rules? People are LEAVING. Old and new. Why are you deleting my post that said so? Why is it so offensive to state fact?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3608: February 04, 2014, 01:51:22 AM »
Seriously? My last post was moderated out? On what basis is it offensive or violates the forum rules? Some of my other posts, sure, but THAT one?

Vellos paused. Rabisu left. I'm probably gonna leave, though I'm giving the titans a chance to react, though they always fail to. A number of newbies have expressed disgust with what they've just witnessed. None of the "establishment" of yesterday-SA really wants to play along in any way with this minigame he so graciously offers.

NONE of this is surprising. Is stating what's going on against the rules? People are LEAVING. Old and new. Why are you deleting my post that said so? Why is it so offensive to state fact?

I am tracking this thread very carefully. I never saw a recent post from you on this one. Moderators almost never delete a post, preferring to put the red text of moderation all over it. Are you sure it was correctly submitted?
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3609: February 04, 2014, 01:54:24 AM »
I am tracking this thread very carefully. I never saw a recent post from you on this one. Moderators almost never delete a post, preferring to put the red text of moderation all over it. Are you sure it was correctly submitted?

Yes, I got a private warning about it. It was probably one of my most civil messages lately, given the mood this all puts me in.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Bronnen

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3610: February 04, 2014, 01:55:05 AM »

I do kind of agree, it does seem as if the current methods of overseeing player abuse aren't very quick and could use some work. Perhaps more people are needed to oversee these sorts of things?
And De-Legro, I did see his post. He did post it.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3611: February 04, 2014, 01:57:16 AM »
Yes, I got a private warning about it. It was probably one of my most civil messages lately, given the mood this all puts me in.

Then no doubt a message to the one that moderated would be the best bet for yielding a reply.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3612: February 04, 2014, 01:57:43 AM »
Fine then. Change class from Priest, and I will remove you from the religion. It was abuse a few days ago when Fulco was a Priest, and he was decent enough to change class to be removed (thereby circumnavigating game mechanics as you now condemn me for trying to do IN YOUR FAVOR). Maybe I'll just destroy the organization, if thats going to be the attitude.

I was planning to become a priest for months. Fulco did it the day after he was threatened with excommunication. If you're going to use the cheapest trick in the book to WIN we'll use whatever tricks we want to fight back. (By the way no matter how much you deny it "winning" is what you call it when you usurp the most powerful position in the game). So have fun re-excommunicating fifteen people a day.

I just find it funny that for ages the attitude of some of the very people crying "I'm taking my ball and going home" was "The Elders are the Elders, and that is it." and now suddenly that is proven wrong, and they decide to quit because they're not "winning". I don't give a !@#$ about "winning" because you can't win BM.

If you'd actually played a decent charismatic character you could have put real pressure on the elders by attracting the favor of the rest of the members. The elders actually weren't willing to sacrifice the whole religion if they didn't get their way so with enough pressure they might have caved. Unfortunately for you you were an utter failure at that because you made it blatantly clear you just wanted power and would say anything to get it.

The problem was the whole premise of your protest, that the elders were an impenetrable monolith no one could ever hope to sway was a total lie and everyone knew it. If you had a legitimate point about anything you might have actually risen through the ranks in the elder council.

You failed to achieve your goal playing in good faith so you chose to find an exploitable mechanical flaw.

I've heard "but thats not provided for in the charter!" from some people who have no right to reference Sanguis Astroism's charter. That Charter is a joke, and for ages its been ignored when politically convenient (read Niselur) or even completely replaced to achieve purely political purposes. Now someone else is ignoring it, successfully, and not in the favor of those who have benefited from ignoring it in the past and its suddenly CHEATING AND POWER GAMING AND ABUSE.

Yes because the charter is a construct of the players rather then a crap game mechanic. A construct mind you that YOU helped create. You were on the elder council once, you made charter revisions, but you overplayed your hand and got burned. You seriously wonder why we're made you chose the cheap exploit after you failed your attempts to play in good faith?

I was recently sent a message out of character from a player, whom I never really had the much regard for, and continue to not have much regard for them saying "they should take away all of your fun medals because you killed our fun!"

If your fun relies on an institution in this game, you are playing it WRONG. Institutions are fine. They rise, the fall. Even the Roman Empire fell, and if an institution that stretched from Spain and Great Britian, through North Africa and in the Middle East can fall, then so can Sanguis Astroism. Europe survived. The Middle East survived. North Africa survived. Dwilight will survive too.

It saddens me that it will be because some players weren't happy about not being in charge. Pettiness laying low the largest religion Dwilight has ever seen, pretty sad.

You're right. The problem is all of us. All the dozens of people telling you you exploited a faulty game mechanic to achieve excessive gains are just jealous. How great it must feel for you to be right and every single other player wrong (except the ones you've bribed with in game goodies). How petty of us not to play along with you even when you were nice enough to threaten to destroy our favorite part of the game.

Enough sarcasm. Here are the only conceivable ways this goes down.

1. You mull around with Jonsu as Regent and stay in the safest place possible until you get bored with it. If you actually follow through on your campaign promises SA will be more boring and stagnant then it ever was. I think you'll find an impregnable seat of power is the most boring thing you could possible have. This outcome is also what will happen if you try for the crap mini game. It was a bad idea, a non starter. Don't waste your time or anyone else's with it.

2. You play this out in a fun way and take risks now and then so there's a chance you'll actually die. A real struggle ensues and we might actually have some fun.

3. If neither of those options sound appealing you accept there's no fun to be had with what you've just done. You step down and found a real schism or do whatever else you want to do.

4. You tank the religion out of shear childish spite.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 02:08:49 AM by pcw27 »

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3613: February 04, 2014, 01:59:02 AM »
Then no doubt a message to the one that moderated would be the best bet for yielding a reply.

The forums neither lets you know who deleted the post, nor does it offer a means to reply to said person.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3614: February 04, 2014, 02:09:50 AM »
It does, however, send you the text of the warning the moderator sent to you.

If you review that, I strongly suspect you'll find therein an explanation for why that particular post was removed.

If you're going to leave the game, I'll be sad to see you go—but if you're going to try to make everyone still here more upset and our lives more miserable, then I think you need to just leave now, rather than griefing on your way out.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan