Author Topic: Sanguis Astroism  (Read 1028073 times)

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Sanguis Astroism
« Reply #3900: April 17, 2014, 12:37:49 AM »
*Ahem*

No do-overs. If I have to go to the trouble of infiltrating that deep again, someone else gets to take the wheel for a bit.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3901: April 17, 2014, 01:09:59 PM »
No charisma can mend the damage that was inflicted.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3902: April 17, 2014, 11:56:57 PM »
No charisma can mend the damage that was inflicted.

I think we have fundamental differences in our views of what SA is. You seem to think of SA as a machine, a series of cogs that do their required part and their work creates something more than its parts. When something doesn't work, you fix it and keep the machine running. You always want the machine running, so (in SA's case), you need infinite growth to keep the cogs spinning.

I think of SA as living creature, a hodge-podge of bacteria and tissue that all do their own thing but come together to form something that does its own thing as well. When something doesn't work, the being continues. SA will live on, the relationships that matter will continue relating. There will be scars, pain, and tears...but that is SMA.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3903: April 18, 2014, 01:42:30 AM »
I think we have fundamental differences in our views of what SA is. You seem to think of SA as a machine, a series of cogs that do their required part and their work creates something more than its parts. When something doesn't work, you fix it and keep the machine running. You always want the machine running, so (in SA's case), you need infinite growth to keep the cogs spinning.

I think of SA as living creature, a hodge-podge of bacteria and tissue that all do their own thing but come together to form something that does its own thing as well. When something doesn't work, the being continues. SA will live on, the relationships that matter will continue relating. There will be scars, pain, and tears...but that is SMA.

I find it rather ironic that you compare my vision of SA to somethings that, by definition, cannot die, and contrast your vision by comparing it to something that does die to say that SA cannot die.

Cogs can't die, living organisms do. SA precisely isn't like a machine, where you can just make random upgrades, take out unwanted or damaged parts and replace it with spare parts. Like any living entities, too much trauma can and will kill it. You don't cure someone by beheading them. SA is diseased. It's riddled with people whose only purpose is to make it crumble. The safeguards to keep it all together have collapsed. SA is like a person with AIDS contracting flesh-eating bacteria. It's over.

And while the harm dates from a while back, you did a nice job clicking to win to set its fate in stone.

Enjoy yourself. I'm done with BM. I've deleted most of my characters, and Machiavel will follow soon enough. The game's now filled with people who care only for themselves and who play to win. The community is self-destructive, and the rules that kept everything together are no longer upheld in any meaningful way.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3904: April 18, 2014, 03:42:16 AM »
A machine is a non living thing, so the irony revisits itself.

You look at the idle nobles, the peasant numbers, and the elder council bureaucracy as SA. Those mechanics helped, but it was the social interactions that mattered. There was a lack of real dialogue in SA. Except for when someone did something bad, then everyone wanted to do something all of a sudden.

A living thing may die, but its mark and its offspring continue on. Rather than rage-quit because an infinite growth paradigm is impossible, start interacting with people. Hell, you might enjoy a smaller, more fundamentalist SA. Easier to find like-minded people, and less likely to expose yourself to people who piss you off.

Then again, if SA was really the only thing keeping you on, then you may want to step away. If you've lost interest in the game as a whole, but feel invested in SA, then it sounds like it feels like an obligation rather than a fun game. Sometimes you need a break.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3905: April 18, 2014, 05:20:08 PM »
Chenier stop your tantrum don't quit... As much as I despise you IG it would be a shame to lose one of my greatest enemies.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Zakilevo

« Reply #3906: April 19, 2014, 01:11:53 AM »
Good bye Chenier. Although I never got a chance to play with you, you've made this game very interesting.

I hope you will come back one day :)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #3907: May 09, 2014, 04:56:52 AM »
So.

Somebody want to fill me in?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Zakilevo

« Reply #3908: May 09, 2014, 05:06:15 AM »
A lot happened :o

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #3909: May 09, 2014, 05:53:27 AM »
Yeah. I can tell. Everything's gone.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Zakilevo

« Reply #3910: May 09, 2014, 06:42:53 AM »
Yeah. I can tell. Everything's gone.

Yep. A lot of interesting stuff happened. Monsters overwhelmed Western Dwillight. Soon Luria will become the most populated realm in the game :o

sharkattack

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3911: May 09, 2014, 09:05:28 AM »
Yep. A lot of interesting stuff happened. Monsters overwhelmed Western Dwillight. Soon Luria will become the most populated realm in the game :o

It already is. :) We are eager to bash some Southern League skulls! :S

Wolfang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3912: May 09, 2014, 02:25:23 PM »
We have some pretty tough skulls.  :P

Yeah, everything has changed in the game.

Buffalkill

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3913: May 10, 2014, 12:38:24 AM »
Soon Luria will become the most populated realm in the game :o
It already is by a large margin in terms of nobles. Top 3 are Luria: 58 Morek: 34 Astrum: 32

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3914: May 10, 2014, 12:47:27 AM »
It already is by a large margin in terms of nobles. Top 3 are Luria: 58 Morek: 34 Astrum: 32
In the game, not Dwilight.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton