Author Topic: 1st Son  (Read 35899 times)

Zakilevo

1st Son
« Topic Start: November 27, 2011, 07:54:25 PM »
There is this guy called 1st Son in Ynccalo. He is a priest of Daimon Worship. I am sensing something interesting will happen soon?

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: 1st Son
« Reply #1: November 27, 2011, 08:29:28 PM »
Interesting shminteresting.

Only 6 months of war and stupid daimons show up again? Great...

EDIT: but I guess I should mention that every blighted region on the continent is now part of the netherworld and the daimon dominion duchy. And Overlord is mentioned amongst the rulers and he is lord of at least one region (I assume all since Bym isn't of such great importance afaik).

Still we rebuilt for like 6 months, had a war for 6 months... I sure hope the invasion isn't going to kick off yet. And if it won't... why on earth give Melhed such a powerful weapon for their peacemongering campaign? :/
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 08:33:17 PM by Lorgan »

Zakilevo

« Reply #2: November 27, 2011, 09:45:23 PM »
No worries. Nothing will happen until 2012. Tom said so himself. He wants the continent to stay the way it is til the next year. I wouldn't be surprised if he decides to bring daimons back on New Year's.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: November 28, 2011, 01:52:25 AM »
"Nothing" is relative, since they already have a priest preaching.

I would believe that perhaps the major stuff won't happen until after new year's, but that doesn't mean that nothing at all with happen between now and then.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #4: November 28, 2011, 02:02:14 AM »
Undead keep popping up a lot suddenly too.  Hoping it's not related. 

BT could stand a real breather.  Another invasion seems premature.  The last one dragged out way too long.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: November 28, 2011, 02:28:07 AM »

BT could stand a real breather.  Another invasion seems premature.  The last one dragged out way too long.

The last one was nothing compared to the one before as far as "dragging out" for too long.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: November 28, 2011, 04:02:49 AM »

The last one was long and painful because of the character mortality. I lost Callandor in Enweil during a large monster battle along with 3-4 other nobles, which made me decide not to rejoin BT for a short while. I'm actually looking forward to another invasion, seeing as with the new estates system we will be able to expand into the blight quickly, if there aren't a huge force of enemies of course. Also, all of the realms on BT are connected at some point to the blight.
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: November 28, 2011, 05:18:37 AM »
The last one was long and painful because of the character mortality. I lost Callandor in Enweil during a large monster battle along with 3-4 other nobles, which made me decide not to rejoin BT for a short while. I'm actually looking forward to another invasion, seeing as with the new estates system we will be able to expand into the blight quickly, if there aren't a huge force of enemies of course. Also, all of the realms on BT are connected at some point to the blight.

You're assuming that the blight will be accessible once the next invasion starts. Personally, I do not believe that this will be the case. We mostly lost the last invasion. The blight is the price we paid.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: November 28, 2011, 04:55:12 PM »

Painful, definately. And it did kill interest to lose so many characters and peers.

But as far as "dragging on" goes, third invasion won that contest, imo. It REALLY did drag on for way too long, where the GMs/Devs were irritatingly saying "it's over guys!" while daimon attacks were still taking place.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: November 28, 2011, 05:20:50 PM »
It's very painful to lose your Noble during the Invasion, but, ignoring the cons of mortality for a second, it did very well in bringing a lot of fear to Beluaterra. Suddenly the Invasion was even more real!

And yeah, we shouldn't be expecting to get the Blight back ever.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: November 28, 2011, 06:10:14 PM »
Also of interest in the purely OOC sense:

Out-of-Character from Nightfall of the North   (7 hours, 33 minutes ago)
Message sent to everyone in your realm (27 recipients)
Bug, please ignore this character, he wasn't created here. These are not the droids you are looking for...

Tom Vogt

Got that message in Riombara. Clearly there are more than one of these 'emissaries'. I also notice that all blighted regions are now part of 'Netherworld, Duchy of Daimon Dominion', ruled by 'Overlord', regardless of which invader faction originally blighted them. Makes me wonder if the next invasion will still feature all three factions? I assume so, especially given the many hints Tom has dropped about how the Undead achieved something of significance during the last invasion.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: November 28, 2011, 08:18:10 PM »
Priest Activity   (1 hour, 36 minutes ago)
You are being informed that 3rd Son, a priest of Daimon Worship, has been seen preaching in Lastfell.

So they're in Thalmarkin too.. Catapults have already been suggested. Who wants a 3d son smudge in their region?

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: November 28, 2011, 08:20:34 PM »
Can they actually be arrested?

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: November 28, 2011, 08:23:15 PM »
I would think so since the netherworld is hatred with everyone (end of invader diplomacy?). If we can't that would be a serious bummer.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: November 28, 2011, 09:26:03 PM »
I dunno, if I was Tom I'd consider making it impossible purely on the basis of the fact that pretty much everyone is guaranteed to try the second one of them is sighted somewhere. They could end up spending 90% of their time in someone's dungeon...

I'm more interested now in this 'Nightfall of the North'. Different family judging by the name, which makes me wonder if perhaps the other invader factions will get their own emissaries/prophets. To my knowledge, the monsters and undead didn't attempt to create religions, so they won't be priests I imagine. Interesting...