Author Topic: 1st Son  (Read 36398 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: 1st Son
« Reply #60: November 30, 2011, 04:30:06 AM »
I already called for continental peace.

Booo!
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #61: November 30, 2011, 04:35:32 AM »
Booo!

Nobody's obliged to accept. But baaaad things will happen to those who don't. :P
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #62: November 30, 2011, 12:15:49 PM »

And trust me, if I don't get it, I *will* pull a DoA and do all in my power to lead daimon units to bash everyone else myself.

The Enweili are the favored ones. If we aren't meant to bring civilization to Beluaterra, then we are meant to eradicate all mockeries of it.  8)

Am I reading this right? I thought ruskiland just went on a couple of crusades against those who allied with the invaders out of self interest (nice little clause to supposedly exclude enweil and yourself)?

Having principles is easy right until the moment you've actually got to live by them.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #63: November 30, 2011, 12:30:45 PM »
Honestly, I question that the Netherworld is attacking anything.  Sure, I know they have priests.  I trust the people who've seen them.  But Chenier, instead of Enweil, is telling everyone that Enweil was attacked?

Sorry folks, but if Chenier's a harbinger of doom, I'm more likely to think it's business as usual rather than the apocalypse.

Darksun

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Bucksplace
« Reply #64: November 30, 2011, 01:14:50 PM »
Looting Reported   (18 hours, 5 minutes ago)
Netherworld forces are killing, raping and burning in Pequad!

Take that as you will, OOC of course. You're free not to believe Guillaume IC but it's an indisputable fact from the player's perspective.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #65: November 30, 2011, 02:00:25 PM »
Honestly, I question that the Netherworld is attacking anything.  Sure, I know they have priests.  I trust the people who've seen them.  But Chenier, instead of Enweil, is telling everyone that Enweil was attacked?

Sorry folks, but if Chenier's a harbinger of doom, I'm more likely to think it's business as usual rather than the apocalypse.

No, Fheuv'n was attacked, not Enweil.

And I'm not the type to lie OOC, thank you.

As for the priests, they even show on the character list: 2 of them were arrested and 1 of them was wounded, last I checked.

Am I reading this right? I thought ruskiland just went on a couple of crusades against those who allied with the invaders out of self interest (nice little clause to supposedly exclude enweil and yourself)?

Having principles is easy right until the moment you've actually got to live by them.

You mean, principles that we should do everything in our power to maintain mankind on BT? Inter-invasion, that would be via the extermination of Sint and Rio. But that's obviously not gonna happen any time soon. Any wars, at this point, is just a victory for the invaders.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #66: November 30, 2011, 02:20:07 PM »
You mean, principles that we should do everything in our power to maintain mankind on BT? Inter-invasion, that would be via the extermination of Sint and Rio. But that's obviously not gonna happen any time soon. Any wars, at this point, is just a victory for the invaders.

Right, because Rio are the ones who have a history of allying with the invaders... :P
I finally understand how you come to that conclusion when you follow logic like "leading daimon armies will maintain humanity".
Anyway, where are those scout reports? I thought you ruskis were supposed to have your act together?

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #67: November 30, 2011, 02:32:15 PM »
Right, because Rio are the ones who have a history of allying with the invaders... :P
I finally understand how you come to that conclusion when you follow logic like "leading daimon armies will maintain humanity".
Anyway, where are those scout reports? I thought you ruskis were supposed to have your act together?

Only bankers actually asked for it, and they did so when I didn't have one.

Now I have one, but it has become clear that the rulers of the north just don't give a damn anyways. They'll just go "Oh, it's just 2000 CS, who cares if it's lead by Overlord and that they did some looting, clearly the invasion is far, far away!".

I might share it with Rio, though.

I haven't lead daimon armies in the past, btw, and only allied them to fight the monsters (fourth invasion) or lived with them as an observer to better understand them (third invasion).

And don't forget that I consider Rio and Meridian Republic to be one and the same.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #68: November 30, 2011, 03:11:08 PM »
Now I have one, but it has become clear that the rulers of the north just don't give a damn anyways. They'll just go "Oh, it's just 2000 CS, who cares if it's lead by Overlord and that they did some looting, clearly the invasion is far, far away!".

2k is indeed very little. Sounds like an excellent chance to wound/capture that pompous daimon.

I haven't lead daimon armies in the past, btw, and only allied them to fight the monsters (fourth invasion) or lived with them as an observer to better understand them (third invasion).

You've been threatening to do it now though. ;)

And don't forget that I consider Rio and Meridian Republic to be one and the same.

I know that you do but that (like many other things) doesn't make it true even one bit. :)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69: November 30, 2011, 03:31:59 PM »
Take that as you will, OOC of course. You're free not to believe Guillaume IC but it's an indisputable fact from the player's perspective.

Meh... What's a little KRB between friends, eh?

Seriously, you guys are so jumpy. ;D
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #70: November 30, 2011, 06:51:18 PM »
2k is indeed very little. Sounds like an excellent chance to wound/capture that pompous daimon.

You've been threatening to do it now though. ;)

I know that you do but that (like many other things) doesn't make it true even one bit. :)

Daimon moved out right away, back into the blight, westward.

And yea, 2k ain't all that big, but with all the hordes we've had, our army ain't that big either. I suspect he'll have more pretty damn soon, though.

OOC, I kinda want this to be the last invasion, honestly. From my point of view, BT is on a serious decline. One of the big motors of fun with BT was how easy it was for new realms to come to be, at least for me. You were always dealing with different people. With half of the continent blighted, that just ain't possible anymore. But with the noble shortages, it seems almost impossible to settle all of the little we have. So what's gonna happen if we survive? Have more lands opened up, but realms won't be able to find enough people to make them live? Or reduce the available land once more, and end up with a continent with room for only two or three realms? That's not what BT is all about. I've had too much fun on the continent, but it seems to be gradually losing what made it great, and due to player decline (which we have no power over), it doesn't seem to me like this can be reverted. OOC, I would therefore much rather that BT be lost in this invasion in a glorious and epic way, than it barely survive only to limper on for another year before dying for good.

Now, IC, I obviously want it to survive. And despite what opponents claim, Fheuv'n actually has a strict Creed that all of its lords have sworn to which limits how the realm can deal with invaders, but the Chénier family is very revenge-oriented, so as the player of the family I already know that if they are defeated and that they perceive enemy realms to be the cause, then revenge upon these enemies will replace survival of mankind as the number one priority, and creative interpretation of various rules and events will be used to justify the new stance.

Heq

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #71: December 01, 2011, 01:25:21 AM »
Of course, everyone knows FEI is lying, because once we get done with Fronen, we'll tie up that loose end and make them beg.  If they really want peace, they can simply acknowledge that they are a vassal of Sint and allow Sint to name their next head-of-state.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #72: December 01, 2011, 03:48:37 AM »
Whoa, somebody put their big boy pants on today  8)

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #73: December 01, 2011, 10:09:45 AM »

And trust me, if I don't get it, I *will* pull a DoA and do all in my power to lead daimon units to bash everyone else myself.

The Enweili are the favored ones. If we aren't meant to bring civilization to Beluaterra, then we are meant to eradicate all mockeries of it.  8)

when you say pull a doa, it's not like you haven't actually played a netherworld character before...
firefox

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #74: December 01, 2011, 10:58:15 AM »
when you say pull a doa, it's not like you haven't actually played a netherworld character before...

How many from DOA ended up joining the monsters. I can think of 3, one of whom joined another realm before joining the monsters. Many more either joined Riombara or left the island completely.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.