Author Topic: 1st Son  (Read 36331 times)

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: 1st Son
« Reply #90: December 01, 2011, 11:30:35 PM »
According to Chenier, MR was in league with Riombara as well, I believe ;)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #91: December 01, 2011, 11:35:48 PM »
According to Chenier, MR was in league with Riombara as well, I believe ;)

Well of course, since really Rio supported the formation of MR. They were hedging their bets you see, half the realm stays allied with humans, the other half allies with invaders, and which ever one ends up looking the best gets to continue. Turns out in the end Riombara was the winner, had the monster invasion gone better I'm sure the nobles of Riombara would have joined MR.

I mean its TOTALLY LOGICAL, so long as we assume everyone in the game plays scheming characters with no concept of noble honour, but whom like to paint a thin veneer of "honour" upon their actions.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #92: December 01, 2011, 11:40:56 PM »
Sounds like Chenier should be madly in love with MR, since they opposed Rio and all.

I guess you missed the parts where they did everything in their power to have Rio spared from the monsters? And where they helped supply the monsters to kill Avalon and cripple Enweil?

Yea, badass opposition there.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #93: December 01, 2011, 11:46:46 PM »
I guess you missed the parts where they did everything in their power to have Rio spared from the monsters? And where they helped supply the monsters to kill Avalon and cripple Enweil?

Yea, badass opposition there.

Did you miss the part where Rio tried to take MR lands back by force? Its easy to pick elements of a conflict to support a point, its much harder to take an entire conflict and do so. It is one of the differences between blindly obvious and ineffective propaganda and effective propaganda.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #94: December 02, 2011, 12:43:16 AM »
The people in Riombara hated MR. Certainly my character did, with a burning passion. However, we were in no position do anything about it during the invasion. Afterward we decided to be pragmatic and not brand everyone in MR a traitor since most of them simply followed their liege lords. We were selective about it, making sure that the chief plotters were not allowed to return unless they atoned. Mordred popped up not too long ago and got banned before he could say 'Hi, my name is _____'. Likewise we refused to accept Hylor Hobbs. Celyn Haethorne was already gone (paused or deleted), so was Hireshmont (sacrificed himself at a Temple of Light). The only two people in Riombara now who I would say were true partisans of MR are Yuri Ishimu (who returned with his region when Rines came back) and Nigel De La Fere. If I'd just pushed a little harder back when he first rejoined Riombara, Nigel wouldn't be there either. Everyone else either joined MR after it left Riombara or were knights/lords that went over to MR when their Dukes seceded.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #95: December 02, 2011, 12:48:34 AM »
The people in Riombara hated MR. Certainly my character did, with a burning passion. However, we were in no position do anything about it during the invasion. Afterward we decided to be pragmatic and not brand everyone in MR a traitor since most of them simply followed their liege lords. We were selective about it, making sure that the chief plotters were not allowed to return unless they atoned. Mordred popped up not too long ago and got banned before he could say 'Hi, my name is _____'. Likewise we refused to accept Hylor Hobbs. Celyn Haethorne was already gone (paused or deleted), so was Hireshmont (sacrificed himself at a Temple of Light). The only two people in Riombara now who I would say were true partisans of MR are Yuri Ishimu (who returned with his region when Rines came back) and Nigel De La Fere. If I'd just pushed a little harder back when he first rejoined Riombara, Nigel wouldn't be there either. Everyone else either joined MR after it left Riombara or were knights/lords that went over to MR when their Dukes seceded.

To be fair Chenier was unlikely to know about the IC rage we had towards MR when we were able to do so little against them, and even if he did his character would likely pass it off as a political fakery. Then again I would have far less of a problem with his statements if he could learn to qualify them with "from enweils perspective". People are far less likely to get their OOC hackles raised if it doesn't seem like others are trying to tell them what their motivations where.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #96: December 02, 2011, 01:41:38 AM »
Yup, my char hated MR and everything it stood for yet later had to compromise by accepting and helping to integrate some of the characters that initially betrayed Riombara.
Nigel's case is actually pretty stupid... he was exiled in MR's surrender treaty, together with hylor hobbs, squiggy schumacher, Ganelon Lefanis (Mordred was paused at that time) and maybe some others. He joined Rio anyway (don't really remember when or how) but due to inaction from the judge he was allowed to stay, then he paused so his case was kind of forgotten... Months later after Fernand's execution (his other char) he unpaused and well... nothing has really been done about it, despite indeed Evander trying to push for his banishment. Had I not been busy irl at that time Mithridates might have backed him up on it.

Now it just seems silly to dust off his case. :P

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #97: December 02, 2011, 01:48:48 AM »
Yup, my char hated MR and everything it stood for yet later had to compromise by accepting and helping to integrate some of the characters that initially betrayed Riombara.
Nigel's case is actually pretty stupid... he was exiled in MR's surrender treaty, together with hylor hobbs, squiggy schumacher, Ganelon Lefanis (Mordred was paused at that time) and maybe some others. He joined Rio anyway (don't really remember when or how) but due to inaction from the judge he was allowed to stay, then he paused so his case was kind of forgotten... Months later after Fernand's execution (his other char) he unpaused and well... nothing has really been done about it, despite indeed Evander trying to push for his banishment. Had I not been busy irl at that time Mithridates might have backed him up on it.

Now it just seems silly to dust off his case. :P

squiggy schumacher? That family was in enweil for some time, MR WAS A ENWEIL PLOT

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #98: December 02, 2011, 01:49:05 AM »
To be fair Chenier was unlikely to know about the IC rage we had towards MR when we were able to do so little against them, and even if he did his character would likely pass it off as a political fakery. Then again I would have far less of a problem with his statements if he could learn to qualify them with "from enweils perspective". People are far less likely to get their OOC hackles raised if it doesn't seem like others are trying to tell them what their motivations where.

Sure, and I have no problem with that.

I just sometimes wish that Dominic would acknowledge that we might actually be telling the truth OOC about just how little MR and Riombara were actually related.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #99: December 02, 2011, 02:03:18 AM »
Sure, and I have no problem with that.

I just sometimes wish that Dominic would acknowledge that we might actually be telling the truth OOC about just how little MR and Riombara were actually related.

Completely agree, I'm just not holding my breath about it.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #100: December 02, 2011, 02:53:29 AM »

Rio hated us. We didn't like them for their hate of us, but we preferred that Avalon died rather than Rio, so we tried to keep the monsters away from Rio for as long as we could.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Iltaran

• Noble Lord
  • What Gate?
    • View Profile
« Reply #101: December 02, 2011, 02:02:19 PM »
I propose the Iron Law of the Beluaterra Forum.

As a thread increases in length, the odds a realm being accused of siding with the invaders approaches one.
[Solari] it's generally understood that OG survives by some compact with the devil

Askarn - Maedros - Savra - Faed - Vanimus

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #102: December 02, 2011, 06:36:21 PM »

As a thread increases in length, the odds a realm being accused of siding with the invaders approaches one.

Now we're just left to argue over the proper name: Sint's Law or Enweil's Law (Enweilaw)?

Silverhawk

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #103: December 02, 2011, 10:15:48 PM »

I thought the law was that the odds of the discussion being hijacked by the Rio VS Enweil war was also aproaching one.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; In practice, there is.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #104: December 03, 2011, 09:47:40 AM »
The only two people in Riombara now who I would say were true partisans of MR are Yuri Ishimu (who returned with his region when Rines came back) and Nigel De La Fere.

basically the old anti-daimon thing.. doesn't really matter what realm it was.
firefox