Author Topic: What you really wanted to do in BM but never did  (Read 33536 times)

Madmonk77

• Knight
  • tiki tiki on the rocks!
    • View Profile
    • Rock-Soft
Every girl's dream to get married  :P

And sponsor an army so I can make one of those little banners  ;D

Another thing I am working on is enobling my advy so she can become an infil.

Great thing the one to get married! I was about to marry one of my chars in Fontan ^^ hehe, it's a fun thing to do and a great tool of RP!
Nico.-

"What else can happen when an unstoppable force collides with an immovable object?" -- Used to be the player of Vats family. Now I'm the player of Vlad family.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
Marriage would be fun but BM is usually more serious than anything else. I have yet to find a real funny-realm.. and no, never been to the colonies. If I ever secede it's gonna be a funny name  ::)
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

WarMaid

• Knight
    • View Profile
I don't think serious prevents marriage.  We've had a lot of married characters in Arcaea and done some fine wedding RPs.  None of them were "funny" in the sense of being Badgersquirreltutu funny (though there was often a lot of humour).  Generally they've been part of large arcs and some have had major impacts on the game.  (Jenred's obsession with his wife is fairly well-known, for example.)
Kindon Family

songqu88@gmail.com

Marriage would be fun but BM is usually more serious than anything else. I have yet to find a real funny-realm.. and no, never been to the colonies. If I ever secede it's gonna be a funny name  ::)

Have you never heard about the badgers, mooseman, I Can't Believe It's Not Butter? Those couldn't be serious...

Deytheur

Great thing the one to get married! I was about to marry one of my chars in Fontan ^^ hehe, it's a fun thing to do and a great tool of RP!

You were about to? What happened?

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
Hmm..seceding is about the only thing I haven't done. Would like to try it some time. Problem seems to be that when you make it to the dukes position you like the realm enough not to secede.

Back during the second invasion I wanted to surrender my stronghold to the undead, but the game prevented me from doing so :(
Join us on IRC #battlemaster@QuakeNet
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.

Silverfire

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Hmm..seceding is about the only thing I haven't done. Would like to try it some time. Problem seems to be that when you make it to the dukes position you like the realm enough not to secede.

Hmm, you must be going about getting the Duke position ALL wrong...

Iltaran

• Noble Lord
  • What Gate?
    • View Profile
Well, there's a bunch of fairly conventional things I'd like to do. Get a successful infiltrator, win a tournament, be victorious in a death duel and create a multirealm empire. Some quirkier things though...

- Have a character go down in BM history as an evil genius. Mind you, just going down in BM history with any character would be nice.
- Participate in a genuine religious war
- Destroy a realm (from the outside)
- Make a character with a pet hamster. And play it completely straight. :D
[Solari] it's generally understood that OG survives by some compact with the devil

Askarn - Maedros - Savra - Faed - Vanimus

Silverfire

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
- Have a character go down in BM history as an evil genius. Mind you, just going down in BM history with any character would be nice.

I'm just wondering, how exactly does someone go about going down into BM history?  I'm wondering because I'd also like to get a character to do just that, but I have no idea what sort of pre-reqs there are. What characters have already gone down in BM history?

- Participate in a genuine religious war

If you join Dwilight, you can join almost any realm except maybe two, and you'll be in the middle of a religious war. Well mostly, at least a war against a religion, but idk, any other Dwilight peeps care to clarify that?

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
I'm just wondering, how exactly does someone go about going down into BM history?  I'm wondering because I'd also like to get a character to do just that, but I have no idea what sort of pre-reqs there are. What characters have already gone down in BM history?

I think you do so by roaming on one continent enough, like certain infiltrators, that *everyone* who's been in realms long enough know who you are and what you do, be it good or bad. ;)
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Igelfeld

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile

*Cough* Is stealing over 10000 gold  reason enough? It definitely had a few people quite up in arms.   8)
Moritz Von Igelfeld - King of Asylon
Moria Von Igelfeld - Viscountess of Lanston
Ulrich Von Igelfeld - Knight of Remton, Dark Isle Colonist

Silverfire

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
*Cough* Is stealing over 10000 gold  reason enough? It definitely had a few people quite up in arms.   8)

Well it certainly goes down in Coria's history. Since you stole over half of that from my character alone, I think I have plenty of objections to it. ;) It was a good ploy but it did eventually get yourself killed and a blood oath from my character towards your family. (Just this one character of course, and only on Atamara)

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Gold you steal without getting discovered :)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Gold you steal without getting discovered :)

Heheheh. This.

I think it would be presumptuous for me to say I have had a character go down in history as an evil genius. But I have character that has certainly made pretty large multi-continental reputation for himself as more-or-less deranged and corrupt. Look up "Hireshmont Vellos" on the wiki. Not Hireshmont II, mind you; he's a straight-shooter (don't you say nothing Telrunya!). But his dad was a bit involved in shady business from time to time.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile

Here's a test. Anyone know of/remember Si Ju Jarugi? He was a noble of Drachenwald who assassinated Achilles, Dictator of Tara, earning what was, at the time, the largest bounty ever collected. A glance at the wiki reveals he earned 1550 gold for that hit on 03/11/05. Big news back then, but is that act of infamy and key talking point of the day remembered now?

I think fame/infamy seems to not permeate much further than the realms you're involved in. Certainly reputation doesn't survive the daily toil of player turnover. But that's what the wiki is for ;-) Gauihu Olik and the role he played in Abington's death is forever immortalised through realm histories and newspaper articles. The wiki is the one sure fire way you can carve out your place in BM history, heh.