Poll

Do you enjoy having the Zuma/Daimons on Dwilight?

Yes, I love them.
No, I hate them.
I'm not sure.
I don't know anything about them.

Author Topic: Zuma/Daimons  (Read 170714 times)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Re: Zuma/Daimons
« Reply #120: January 09, 2012, 03:56:26 AM »
Thats because there is nothing to learn about the Zuma, its made up on the fly. 
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Cadfan

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #121: January 09, 2012, 04:04:50 AM »
For the right price I would be willing to sell my extensive in game observations of the Zuma.

LET THE BIDDING WAR COMMENCE.

Also the poll is not looking that great for the haters.

egamma

« Reply #122: January 09, 2012, 04:14:08 AM »
I'm not going to let some NPC faction effect how I play, however.  you have to go against what your character would think or do. Which kind of violates trying to play my character how I want to play him.

Then don't think of them as an NPC faction--think of them as a non-allied realm with a hair-trigger temper. How would your character respond to that?

All this "my character doesn't act a certain way" stuff is annoying, and a little childish, and I'm tired of hearing it over and over. Nobody is asking you to violate how you want to play your character. Determine how your character would react to hearing the news of a presence of this Zuma Coalition, and act accordingly, IC. Stop whining incessantly about it on the forums!

Here's a challenge: spend one week, starting when you read this post, not talking about the Zuma on the forums. Instead, have your character react to them, in character. But don't play your character in any way that violates the persona you have developed for them, and accept the consequences of that.

If your character is curious, or worried, have him act that way. If your character wants to contain them, or destroy them, by all means, play your character that way--but don't be surprised that the Zuma have a survival instinct, and will respond accordingly. Try to keep your plans secret.

If your character is the diplomatic sort, go to them as Ambassador.

If your character is greedy, try to sell them food.

If your character...you know what, you  know your characters better than I do. PLAY YOUR *1#$!!$#%q#r$ CHARACTER and stop whining about having to play them!

The Zuma are a great opportunity to develop your players character and persona.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #123: January 09, 2012, 04:15:34 AM »
Then don't think of them as an NPC faction--think of them as a non-allied realm with a hair-trigger temper. How would your character respond to that?

All this "my character doesn't act a certain way" stuff is annoying, and a little childish, and I'm tired of hearing it over and over. Nobody is asking you to violate how you want to play your character. Determine how your character would react to hearing the news of a presence of this Zuma Coalition, and act accordingly, IC. Stop whining incessantly about it on the forums!

Here's a challenge: spend one week, starting when you read this post, not talking about the Zuma on the forums. Instead, have your character react to them, in character. But don't play your character in any way that violates the persona you have developed for them, and accept the consequences of that.

If your character is curious, or worried, have him act that way. If your character wants to contain them, or destroy them, by all means, play your character that way--but don't be surprised that the Zuma have a survival instinct, and will respond accordingly. Try to keep your plans secret.

If your character...you know what, you  know your characters better than I do. PLAY YOUR *1#$!!$#%q#r$ CHARACTER and stop whining about having to play them!

But then their realms might die, and as we all know, realms are never meant to die in BM.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #124: January 09, 2012, 04:24:50 AM »
I do like the not so subtle attempt by Garret to get other to hate Allison.   Is that twice now that he has used her as an example of what to fear more than the Daimons?   

I have visited the Daimons and I know that some have complained about not being able to stay in Zuma lands the whole time to talk to them.  I stayed there for a few days and now on my way back home.  We are still RPing as if I were there talking to Haktoo.   I recommend others try the same thing if you want to talk to Haktoo but can't afford to spend weeks there while doing it.
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #125: January 09, 2012, 04:54:52 AM »

The problem with this being that it isn't just some other realm. It's one GM and Garret. So Gustav can't treat it as some collection of human nobles. It's literally one noble Gustav would not have anything to do with now, and some being that Gustav would not talk to unless he were pressed by the rest of Sanguis Astroism, seeing as he knows nothing about Haktoo.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #126: January 09, 2012, 04:59:53 AM »
The problem with this being that it isn't just some other realm. It's one GM and Garret. So Gustav can't treat it as some collection of human nobles. It's literally one noble Gustav would not have anything to do with now, and some being that Gustav would not talk to unless he were pressed by the rest of Sanguis Astroism, seeing as he knows nothing about Haktoo.

Actually is Garret and a collection of Zuma nobles. The fact that one GM plays the Zuma nobles is OOC information now isn't it.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #127: January 09, 2012, 05:20:00 AM »
I do like the not so subtle attempt by Garret to get other to hate Allison.   Is that twice now that he has used her as an example of what to fear more than the Daimons?   

I have visited the Daimons and I know that some have complained about not being able to stay in Zuma lands the whole time to talk to them.  I stayed there for a few days and now on my way back home.  We are still RPing as if I were there talking to Haktoo.   I recommend others try the same thing if you want to talk to Haktoo but can't afford to spend weeks there while doing it.

Hey man, I've survived living with daimons. I kind of learned who to fear.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #128: January 09, 2012, 05:50:52 AM »
Hey man, I've survived living with daimons. I kind of learned who to fear.

Its the Zuma Daimons wives right? They are the real reason all the daimon overlords are looking for activities to occupy them outside of the Zumalands.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #129: January 09, 2012, 06:16:29 AM »
Well, I wouldn't know anything about daimonic marital customs, but Garret answers to a female daimon (If that really means anything since I don't think genders among daimons are analogous to human genders)

Screamer's also female (Yeah, I know, haha...Let it out...Now let's move on...)

Probably unintentional, but it leads to those adolescent giggles. OOCly of course. ICly that would probably lead to dying horribly as your ears bleed out your brains.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #130: January 09, 2012, 06:22:33 AM »
Well, I wouldn't know anything about daimonic marital customs, but Garret answers to a female daimon (If that really means anything since I don't think genders among daimons are analogous to human genders)

Screamer's also female (Yeah, I know, haha...Let it out...Now let's move on...)

Probably unintentional, but it leads to those adolescent giggles. OOCly of course. ICly that would probably lead to dying horribly as your ears bleed out your brains.

Good old Screamer. Would Garret be interested in publishing some works on the different Zuma Overlords? I doubt most players know about a good few of them, and have little idea about their characteristics.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #131: January 09, 2012, 06:27:45 AM »
Actually, Moritz did a little description of different daimons on the wiki already. Not sure how many people noticed that. There he finally described that Screamer has avian features.

Most of the daimons' appearances Garret doesn't actually know. And really, why would he? Just because he's ambassador for the Zuma Coalition doesn't mean he's not justifiably terrified of them and would much rather communicate from a safe distance.

Well, the real reason is mainly because no one asked. Usually the GM describes what the daimon that's doing the roleplaying event looks like. Sometimes it's pretty clear what the daimon probably looks like (You know, with a name like Flame...)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #132: January 09, 2012, 06:37:39 AM »
Actually, Moritz did a little description of different daimons on the wiki already. Not sure how many people noticed that. There he finally described that Screamer has avian features.

Most of the daimons' appearances Garret doesn't actually know. And really, why would he? Just because he's ambassador for the Zuma Coalition doesn't mean he's not justifiably terrified of them and would much rather communicate from a safe distance.

Well, the real reason is mainly because no one asked. Usually the GM describes what the daimon that's doing the roleplaying event looks like. Sometimes it's pretty clear what the daimon probably looks like (You know, with a name like Flame...)

Something more then there appearances would be helpful. Abilities, moods even cognitive abilities. If people knew that one Daimon was incapable of anything beyond destruction for example, they would know not to waste their time, and generate much frustration trying to reason with them.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #133: January 09, 2012, 06:46:58 AM »
* Artemesia has to become the guinea pig to figure that out? Man this brings back memories of being a research subject...And no, I was not rebuilt to be stronger, faster, etc.

Well, interesting you say that because Garret did ask recently. I'm not sure exactly how and why he'd go out and tell people though. It's not as if he can out of the blue just go "Hey guys, look what I learned about the daimons!"

He could, but then it'd probably sound contrived. Instead I'll probably drop some hints to some people who have working relationships with Garret and see whether they feel like sharing. The more the merrier, I guess.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #134: January 09, 2012, 06:50:10 AM »
I like where De-legro is going with this. I might add, perhaps the anger and frustration with the Zuma comes from alot of us hate being mobbed by a faceless horde, if the Zuma are fleshed out a bit and there is more to work with it can be understandable why a Zuma would be a certain way. I think perhaps its why I feel so strongly about the subject as of late, there really isn't anything out there and very few of us have actually dealt with the Zuma on a daily basis.

Describe, the Zuman people, what do they look like?

What do their abodes look like?

What do they wear etc etc , are their animals on Zuman lands

Do they have festivals or celebrations or is it like hell all day and they are just in fire and brimstone morning till night.

The Gm's have to dig deeper, bring us some meat and make us fall in love with the Zuman world, make it interesting. It doesn't take much for me to enjoy and be apart of a better imagined world.
We live lives in beautiful lies...