Author Topic: Luria is insane! In other news, the sky is blue!  (Read 25562 times)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
As a general rule, everything that isn't sent by a council member or a Duke is basically just needless posturing.

Heh. I wouldn't go that far... :P I like me some silly banter for example, but once the discussion goes down insult boulevard, and I'm not the one insulted, I can't be bothered anymore.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I shamelessly and nationalistically point out that this is the best letter in the bunch:
That's not a letter, so obviously my letter was the best one.  8)
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
That's not a letter, so obviously my letter was the best one.  8)

The best letter is one that has yet to be sent and it won't be sent to the Halls of Luria anyway.

These are just "good" so far.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
The best letter is one that has yet to be sent and it won't be sent to the Halls of Luria anyway.

These are just "good" so far.

I've already written the best letter, it is unbeatable, but I only sent it to the local squirrels.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
I'm enjoying the fireworks from afar.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
I'm enjoying the fireworks from afar.

I'm not so much. I mean the first firework that hit my body was kind of awesome, but after 100 or so, they kind of hurt...
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
Heh.  Koli was caught off-guard.  Badly off guard, in fact.  As was I, although I think it's awesome, and Koli less so (even his hallucinations are ugly once you realize that the catapults with parsnips and gnomes bit was a hallucinatory reliving of some of the worse moments of the Giaskan siege...).  I never in a million years would have guessed the assassin, nor some of the other twists.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Luria: If you absolutely positively have to backstab every mother!@#$er in the room, accept no substitute.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Can someone explain at least something about Koli's "assassination?"  I'm okay with big grand RP arcs, but it's important to understand that there are two "realities" competing here: what's actually occurred and been said, and what's being created for the purposes of the story arc.  With the exception of De-Legro, who chose to get involved, nobody else (to my knowledge) from Solaria is involved.  And therein lies part of the problem.  I'm not subjecting my character to imagined events that don't jibe with what I've actually said or done with my character.  I'm okay with total fabrications about my character being advanced, but nobody should expect me to play along with what is basically a fiction within fiction, and then get upset when I don't.  This isn't LARP, and it isn't Utopia/RK/whatever.  I like RP, but I also try to keep my RPs grounded in reality and mechanics.  It's a personal preference.

So, we have two camps: one with a huge set of letters portraying PeL as the Great Satan, and another with... I don't know what... portraying Solaria and LN as the Greatest Satan.

It would be very helpful (and I would very much appreciate it!) to know the behind-the-scenes stuff between the RP'ers, if only for OOC peace of mind.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 07:57:06 PM by Solari »

egamma

So, we have two camps: one with a huge set of letters portraying PeL as the Great Satan, and another with... I don't know what... portraying Solaria and LN as the Greatest Satan.

TL;DR summary here. Both camps are accurate.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
It would be very helpful (and I would very much appreciate it!) to know the behind-the-scenes stuff between the RP'ers, if only for OOC peace of mind.

When I sent out my OOC indicating I'd be fine with people acting against Koli because he's been less than effective lately because of my RL time commitments, that got passed around, and someone approached me about poisoning Koli.  To keep matters a secret, we agreed I would handle the posting of all RP's about the assassination attempts.  This is a real assassination attempt, and may even succeed in killing Koli depending on certain factors (yes, I am going to delete Koli if it works out that way), and there are good reasons behind the assassins telling the story they did, because it is a true story.  Someone with a great deal of gold available arranged this for reasons of their own.  It's certainly possible to figure out who did it, but I'm personally hoping they get away with it, just because I'd like to see something like this come off for once.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Can someone explain at least something about Koli's "assassination?"  I'm okay with big grand RP arcs, but it's important to understand that there are two "realities" competing here: what's actually occurred and been said, and what's being created for the purposes of the story arc.  With the exception of De-Legro, who chose to get involved, nobody else (to my knowledge) from Solaria is involved.  And therein lies part of the problem.  I'm not subjecting my character to imagined events that don't jibe with what I've actually said or done with my character.  I'm okay with total fabrications about my character being advanced, but nobody should expect me to play along with what is basically a fiction within fiction, and then get upset when I don't.  This isn't LARP, and it isn't Utopia/RK/whatever.  I like RP, but I also try to keep my RPs grounded in reality and mechanics.  It's a personal preference.

Yeah I jumped in, and I already regret it due to some grumblings and plotting that revolve around the single RP I've done. But hey those are the risks, I threw my hat in the ring and now other players are trying to make me pay for it, and as I've said myself before, anything you write in a RP can and will be used against you :)
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Darksun

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Bucksplace
When I sent out my OOC indicating I'd be fine with people acting against Koli because he's been less than effective lately because of my RL time commitments, that got passed around, and someone approached me about poisoning Koli.  To keep matters a secret, we agreed I would handle the posting of all RP's about the assassination attempts.  This is a real assassination attempt, and may even succeed in killing Koli depending on certain factors (yes, I am going to delete Koli if it works out that way), and there are good reasons behind the assassins telling the story they did, because it is a true story.  Someone with a great deal of gold available arranged this for reasons of their own.  It's certainly possible to figure out who did it, but I'm personally hoping they get away with it, just because I'd like to see something like this come off for once.

Yawn. Sounds like a big ego trip to me, typical Bedwyr move. The "certain factors" statement just seals the deal.

songqu88@gmail.com

It's lols. Now let's see...what's the tally on people who thought they could make some sort of "Lurian Empire"...and failed?

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Actually it's storytelling and rising above the limitations of game mechanics. A very interesting read and a great source of intrigue.