Author Topic: Feature Cut: Paraphernalia  (Read 11702 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Feature Cut: Paraphernalia
« Reply #30: January 28, 2012, 03:29:46 AM »
How about we just remove scouts as paraphernalia? Just let units scout? If your scout gets captured, you lose 1 unit. But to balance things out, maybe increase the percentage of your scout being captured?
We used to have that, almost. Once you ran out of scouts, you could send your soldiers as "untrained scouts". They were almost the same as trained scout reports, except you didn't get traveling/dugin status, and no CS. Then eventually that got dropped, and it was "scouts or nothing". I don't know why it got removed.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: January 28, 2012, 06:27:35 AM »
Or, hell, we could really simplify things...And just say that you recruit a unit.  You get to assign men to different functions.  So, you recruit 50 troops, call five of them scouts, three of them form a healing team, five of them make an engineering team, ten make a siege team...Or, if you desperately frantically need every man to fight, you call them all back to do so.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: January 28, 2012, 06:42:49 AM »
Or, hell, we could really simplify things...And just say that you recruit a unit.  You get to assign men to different functions.  So, you recruit 50 troops, call five of them scouts, three of them form a healing team, five of them make an engineering team, ten make a siege team...Or, if you desperately frantically need every man to fight, you call them all back to do so.

Interesting idea.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: January 28, 2012, 01:26:41 PM »
That sounds more complicated than the current system to me. :p
------
qui audet vincit

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #34: January 28, 2012, 02:18:54 PM »
Oh yay...Micromanagement options. Now I can make everyone a healer to...heal everyone in the team! It's like Warcraft! Or Starcraft! Now we just need APM to matter...

Eithad

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: January 28, 2012, 04:33:27 PM »
Someone commented the same thing with respect to healers. I am thinking of maybe creating more paraphernalia to cover these bases. Not many more, but a few. For example, I have always wanted to split siege engines into light (ladders, etc.) and heavy (siege towers and rams).

this was really my main concern, but I find that solution reasonable, different options with varying costs that essentially do more or less of the same thing.