Author Topic: The Zuma  (Read 213890 times)

songqu88@gmail.com

Re: The Zuma
« Reply #150: July 24, 2011, 08:33:49 PM »
Yeah, and unfortunately it seems as though Rathan did a fat load of nothing to further those objectives. Graeth at least...kinda did something. He's a VE priest, so...eh.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #151: July 24, 2011, 08:37:36 PM »
Artemesia, you should get Haktoo to put out a call for prophets; ask for applications and stuff. :P
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152: July 24, 2011, 08:47:38 PM »
I'm pretty sure the whole island got a notice of the eruption. At the least, news of it was passed through SA, so most of the north knew about it, even if they didn't actually get the messages.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #153: July 24, 2011, 10:00:26 PM »
Artemesia, you should get Haktoo to put out a call for prophets; ask for applications and stuff. :P

Guess Moritz von Igelfeld is being flatfooted about spreading the truth. VE's Graeth isn't really in contact.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #154: July 24, 2011, 11:15:02 PM »
Rathan was always a bit more concerned with his own goals, and didn't think things through, like attempting to stab people in a realm where he was banned.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #155: July 25, 2011, 02:11:14 AM »
This all happened back during Melodia. I was in contact with Graeth we came to this land together in a way. he decided to head elsewhere. I was born in Raviel. I heard from him ever so often since we still kept contact, the Daimons in  Nightmarch had told him and another to go east and west and found new religions. Graeth is now a priest of fire with Verdis Elementum. He helped and supported the foundation of Cordus Beasterium(sic?) it was because of the original call from  the Daimons that we decided to continue on with that idea and finally found a religion based around what they asked before. This all happened during the opening of Dwilight, so it is a bit hazy as my own character and idea of Dwilight wasn't as formed as it is now. It's pretty interesting though.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #156: August 06, 2011, 08:16:48 AM »
As for Rathan, he got himself banned from D'Hara, joined Madina (was that at the time we were still at war?), and then somehow got himself captured by D'Hara. Death followed, and we never heard of his name ever again.

It was around then yes - I think he was trying to organize the rebellion in Port Nebel, but whoever pulled it off sold him out first so he got banned from D'Hara, lost his hopes of a Realm in Nebel, and ended up in Madina.   He went back up to exact revenge and ended up with his head on a pike.   I never understood how Himoura characters survive more than a year.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #157: August 13, 2011, 03:03:43 AM »
It was around then yes - I think he was trying to organize the rebellion in Port Nebel, but whoever pulled it off sold him out first so he got banned from D'Hara, lost his hopes of a Realm in Nebel, and ended up in Madina.   He went back up to exact revenge and ended up with his head on a pike.   I never understood how Himoura characters survive more than a year.

Because not all of them run off on a blood frenzy trying to kill everyone they meet.

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #158: August 13, 2011, 04:53:57 AM »
Because not all of them run off on a blood frenzy trying to kill everyone they meet.

No, sometimes they ride eloquently into the city demanding to slay whomever it is that's offended them :D   Or try to bring an army to enforce the slaughter :D

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #159: August 13, 2011, 05:37:15 AM »
No, sometimes they ride eloquently into the city demanding to slay whomever it is that's offended them :D   Or try to bring an army to enforce the slaughter :D

If people would stop being offensive, there wouldn't be a problem :p.

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #160: August 13, 2011, 06:11:00 AM »
If people would stop being offensive, there wouldn't be a problem :p.

Pft.   That'd be boring :(    I much rather the attempts to kill every noble who insults you :D

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #161: August 13, 2011, 10:32:01 AM »
whats that about that eruption?

Graeth

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #162: September 08, 2011, 10:06:58 PM »
Graeth became the highest ranked priest aligned with fire in VE.  At the time it was a new religion and seemed to match up with much of the stuff Vates said.  I contacted him afterwards and was told to wait... 

Graeth went back down to the Zuma lands after growing impatient and the new daimon ruler basically told him lolstfu you dumb human.  Really disappointing that there wasn't a little more direction or involvement and that the new daimon player had zero interest at all in trying to continue what had been done before.  I'm now a priest in CB, but don't hold out much hope for any real daimon interaction.

The same thing happened on bel when another character of mine was following Arcane.  When the player got bored he just left and my character was nearly beheaded.

I've always wondered what happen to Rathan though, good to have some closer on that.
Geg Family: Elshon (Bel)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #163: September 09, 2011, 02:04:50 AM »
Graeth became the highest ranked priest aligned with fire in VE.  At the time it was a new religion and seemed to match up with much of the stuff Vates said.  I contacted him afterwards and was told to wait... 

Graeth went back down to the Zuma lands after growing impatient and the new daimon ruler basically told him lolstfu you dumb human.  Really disappointing that there wasn't a little more direction or involvement and that the new daimon player had zero interest at all in trying to continue what had been done before.  I'm now a priest in CB, but don't hold out much hope for any real daimon interaction.

The same thing happened on bel when another character of mine was following Arcane.  When the player got bored he just left and my character was nearly beheaded.

I've always wondered what happen to Rathan though, good to have some closer on that.

Arcane never sent much of anything. I was relieved when he finally left, his rule was dreadful. He also doomed his realm for being such a bad leader, though that might have been intentional...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #164: November 24, 2011, 03:50:20 PM »
OK, so suddenly everyone is talking about attacking the Zuma (speculatively of course) in other threads. I don't think Tom would ever let us actually get rid of them, but thinking along these lines did get me speculating about their purpose.

Once, a long time ago, I seem to remember a Dev saying something that implied that Dwilight was meant to always have a frontier feel, and thus always have wilderness areas on it. Of late, those wilderness areas have been shrinking significantly. I think it is now reasonable to project that all of Dwilight might be settled within the next year.

What if the Zuma's purpose is to 'reset' Dwilight? When civilization spreads across the whole island, maybe the Zuma will decide that the humans have spread too far and set in motion a series of natural disasters, like the volcano they set off earlier. Or perhaps they'll just go on the war path. Either way the effect would be to basically destroy most of human civilization on the island. Sort of like an invasion on steroids, minus the blight.