Author Topic: The Zuma  (Read 213703 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Re: The Zuma
« Reply #105: June 08, 2011, 07:13:45 AM »
The characters in a story rarely know everything.

Yes, but we are both the characters and the audience. We are not props for some GM's private fantasy storyline.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #106: June 08, 2011, 07:14:55 AM »
Honestly, I'm with Dominic on this.  If they're not going to interact, that's one thing.  If they're going to interact, then they need to interact.

That is indeed what I have been saying.

We had as developed interactions with them as one might expect from talking to the wind after a nasty storm, it was not like interacting the sentient beings we know them to be in the established cities they told us to exist. If natural disasters are what is desired, then may as well code out the Zuma and there won't be any more problems.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107: June 08, 2011, 02:43:06 PM »
If they're going to interact, then they need to interact.
I suppose that people could just leave them alone. From what I've seen, the Zuma are not the ones pushing all this interaction. Everyone keeps going to them, and forcing the interaction.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108: June 08, 2011, 05:31:57 PM »
I suppose that people could just leave them alone. From what I've seen, the Zuma are not the ones pushing all this interaction. Everyone keeps going to them, and forcing the interaction.

Apart from when they invade places like Terran and D'Hara.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #109: June 08, 2011, 05:34:06 PM »
Apart from when they invade places like Terran and D'Hara.

You still don't get that that was entirely caused by players?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110: June 08, 2011, 07:11:12 PM »
You still don't get that that was entirely caused by players?

No I don't. And that's because, especially in the case of D'Hara, a reason was never made apparent. One day we were getting along with them cordially and they had ambassadors visiting us, the next they marched silently into our lands, ignored attempts to engage in RP (completely different to their previous reactions) and just looted and burnt the !@#$ out of everything.

We never found out why they did it, why they changed or even got a good bit of RP out of it. GM controlled factions are meant to be there to make the game interesting - if they come to a player realm and then don't even engage in the slightest bit of RP interaction then what's the point of them? For that matter, why is there this sudden change in the Zuma lands as well? Originally they RPd them as having substantial populations and a bustling city and now if you visit all you get is silence and, if you're very lucky, the odd RP saying that no one is to be seen.

There is no consistency nor consistent inconsistency. And that just sucks the fun right out of the whole thing of them being there. We could replace them with a monster horde for all they contributed to the game experience.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #111: June 08, 2011, 07:12:51 PM »
No I don't. And that's because, especially in the case of D'Hara, a reason was never made apparent. One day we were getting along with them cordially and they had ambassadors visiting us, the next they marched silently into our lands, ignored attempts to engage in RP (completely different to their previous reactions) and just looted and burnt the !@#$ out of everything.

I don't know all the details, and can't speak to consistency or lack thereof, but I do know that, having talked to the Zuma GM OOC, the events you describe were entirely precipitated by player actions.  They were not some whim on the GMs' part.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112: June 08, 2011, 07:24:40 PM »

We never found out why they did it, why they changed or even got a good bit of RP out of it.
Then apparently you never talked to the right people. I believe someone already stated in this thread what caused the attack to happen.

There is no consistency nor consistent inconsistency. And that just sucks the fun right out of the whole thing of them being there. We could replace them with a monster horde for all they contributed to the game experience.
If you don't like the Zuma, and don't care to interact with them, then leave them alone. I would bet that they'll pretty much leave you alone. Unless someone else provokes them. Again.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #113: June 09, 2011, 04:27:36 AM »
Then apparently you never talked to the right people. I believe someone already stated in this thread what caused the attack to happen.
If you don't like the Zuma, and don't care to interact with them, then leave them alone. I would bet that they'll pretty much leave you alone. Unless someone else provokes them. Again.

I believe you are referring to the incorrect statement that they were taunted by Asriel, which actually only happened after the initial attacks, not before.

I was pretty aware of all the stuff going on in the realm at the time, and we hadn't had any interaction with the Zuma in a while they they attacked, as far as I know. If it was because of a specific person, it'd likely have been made known (as the only thing did they bother to do was briefly react to Asriel). Maybe foreigners made them come, I could think of a few with such interests. But I can't think of anything that would convince the Zuma to actually do it for them. And even then, I'd find it *extremely* lame if that was the case.

Terran didn't provoke either. The Zuma just wanted their food.

Leaving them alone obviously isn't good enough.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #114: June 09, 2011, 06:49:59 AM »
The Zuma just wanted their food.

Leaving them alone obviously isn't good enough.

Thats exactly what abbot learned of D'hara now :P
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #115: June 09, 2011, 12:54:17 PM »
Thats exactly what abbot learned of D'hara now :P

Hehe, I guess we got that in common. Mind you, we aren't invading Madina and telling you "Give us your food or else". :P

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #116: June 09, 2011, 08:23:57 PM »
Who has done that anyway? Even with the first time Madina was asked for food it was by no means like that. Any threats perceived are things you guys make up, something that some of you are really keen on doing in this thread.

Zuma GM

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #117: June 09, 2011, 09:27:52 PM »
As Artemesia posted for me while ago.

Out-of-Character from Haktoo
I've just read the Zuma thread on the forums. There is a bit of misinformation there. I will say this to you here so that you can pass this on to the forum. If anyone else wants me to repeat it to them, get them to message me and I will copy it to them as well so they can see it comes direct from me.
Shortly after Dwilight went active, I became GM for the Daimons. It was a number of months later when the second GM joined, and they are now inactive and have been for some time.
The Daimons were on Dwilight from the beginning. I cannot remember how long it was before the first player character ever encountered them though.
Everything I have done with the Daimons has had a reason. Just because individual players do not know what it is it does not mean anything has happened as part of a random whim. People should remember that political intrigue can have huge influence within this game. Even things that seem obvious may not be happening for the reason you think they are.
I have been here since the start of Dwilight and am doing what I expect to be doing with the Daimons. Everything is done for a reason, including any inconsistencies you may think you see when dealing with us.
Thank you.

A lot of talk since then seems to ignore this but it says all that needs saying. Everything the Zuma have done has been due to interaction with players. Just because individuals do not know all the details does not give you the right to spread misinformation to the other players. No I will not be explaining any of the actions in an Out of Character forum.
If you are going to make statements about the Zuma or the GM behind them, make sure you have facts to back you up.
As I said before everything is done for a reason and has been done due to interaction with players.
Thank you.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #118: June 09, 2011, 09:47:18 PM »
Just to note, this is the honest-to-goodness Zuma GM, not some shmuck who signed up with a fake nick to mess with you ;)

I've been talking to him about how to make sure he can post here safely to help clear up some of these misunderstandings without revealing his secret identity.
Timothy Collett

Laurens88

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #119: June 09, 2011, 10:33:34 PM »
without revealing his secret identity.

*CIA and NSA spooks banging on his door in 3....2.....1......*  8)