Author Topic: Strombran!  (Read 20395 times)

Forbes Family

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Strombran!
« Topic Start: February 01, 2012, 11:56:28 PM »
As of today the realm of Strombran has been formed with the secession of the Duchy of Strombran from the Cagilan Empire. This secession was done with the knowledge and blessing of both the realm council and senate.

With a new realm comes new opportunities. There is land that needs Lords and estates that need to be filled. Come one, come all!
Forbes Family

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Strombran!
« Reply #1: February 02, 2012, 12:34:38 AM »
... and join the Evil Empire!

;)
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: February 02, 2012, 12:43:47 AM »
.... yay.....

Cagilan Puppet number.... 4?

:-\
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: February 02, 2012, 01:25:14 AM »
Okay that is it. The whole "Evil Empire" shtick was a funny piece of propaganda at first, but now it's past getting old. We're not the ones with infiltrators coming out the wazoo. We're not the ones raping and killing everywhere we went. We're not the ones who started this war.

If Tara and Coria can be called CE's puppets, then Minas Ithil is Eston's puppet because, hey, MI was Eston's colony way back when. And hey, Barca was a colony of Terran. They must be a puppet too! And Dwilight realms are just a bunch of puppets with dead/dying puppet-masters!  :o

And obviously starting new realms is a bad, bad, evil, bad thing to do. It might inject some new life into Atamara, and we don't want that. Oh no no no sir. The righteous course of action after winning a war is obviously to return all the territory you took, apologize to your opponent for making them declare war on you in the first place, and invite them to try again next month. Then everyone can go back to complaining about how nothing ever changes on Atamara, and all will be well again. ::)
------
qui audet vincit

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: February 02, 2012, 01:36:06 AM »
Okay that is it. The whole "Evil Empire" shtick was a funny piece of propaganda at first, but now it's past getting old. We're not the ones with infiltrators coming out the wazoo. We're not the ones raping and killing everywhere we went. We're not the ones who started this war.

If Tara and Coria can be called CE's puppets, then Minas Ithil is Eston's puppet because, hey, MI was Eston's colony way back when. And hey, Barca was a colony of Terran. They must be a puppet too! And Dwilight realms are just a bunch of puppets with dead/dying puppet-masters!  :o

And obviously starting new realms is a bad, bad, evil, bad thing to do. It might inject some new life into Atamara, and we don't want that. Oh no no no sir. The righteous course of action after winning a war is obviously to return all the territory you took, apologize to your opponent for making them declare war on you in the first place, and invite them to try again next month. Then everyone can go back to complaining about how nothing ever changes on Atamara, and all will be well again. ::)

So, argue all this IC and use it as counter propaganda. Indirik made a joke, its a game remember.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Zakilevo

« Reply #5: February 02, 2012, 01:41:36 AM »
Yeah. No need to be serious here. It is pretty much same thing as the US calling Soviet 'Evil Empire'

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: February 02, 2012, 01:42:07 AM »

Chill, man.

Obviously it's a game and NONE of us are actually evil (well, mostly ;) ). From the perspective of the the Empire's enemies and opponents (IC, of course) they really are evil and oppressive and the bad guys. Of course, from the Empire's and her ally's perspective it's the other way around. And it's fun that way, and frankly that's how it should be.  ;)

"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: February 02, 2012, 01:46:58 AM »

Chill, man.

Obviously it's a game and NONE of us are actually evil (well, mostly ;) ). From the perspective of the the Empire's enemies and opponents (IC, of course) they really are evil and oppressive and the bad guys. Of course, from the Empire's and her ally's perspective it's the other way around. And it's fun that way, and frankly that's how it should be.  ;)

I can just imagine it

"I find your point of view both reasonable and valid. Obviously perspective is a major determining factor with regards to our disagreements. Would you kindly stand still while I run you through? Terribly sorry to do this you understand, after our rational calm discussion I have come to understand you are a delightful chap, but war is war you know. Got to keep up appearances."

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: February 02, 2012, 01:49:32 AM »
I for one am enjoying the Evil Empire!

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: February 02, 2012, 01:57:41 AM »
I can just imagine it

"I find your point of view both reasonable and valid. Obviously perspective is a major determining factor with regards to our disagreements. Would you kindly stand still while I run you through? Terribly sorry to do this you understand, after our rational calm discussion I have come to understand you are a delightful chap, but war is war you know. Got to keep up appearances."

8)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: February 02, 2012, 02:00:03 AM »
I for one am enjoying the Evil Empire!

The dark side is strong with this one

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: February 02, 2012, 04:01:18 AM »
The dark side is strong with this one
Yeah, but that's just Sacha. I mean, just look at that avatar. It just screams "brain damaged".

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: February 02, 2012, 04:10:57 AM »
Okay that is it. The whole "Evil Empire" shtick was a funny piece of propaganda at first, but now it's past getting old. We're not the ones with infiltrators coming out the wazoo.
No, you're right. CE doesn't have infiltrators coming out the wazoo.

That would be Talerium. ba-dum-ching!

(I'm not kidding, either. There were three Talerium infils chasing one Eston infil through Agnilar yesterday...)

Seriously, though lighten up. As former leading of Sanguis Astroism, ruler of Astrum, and instigator (or co-instigator) of wars that have destroyed at least 5 realms on Dwilight alone, I'm quite familiar with repeatedly being accused of being the Evil Empire, cowardly bully, yadd, yadda, yadda... CE/Tara is the big guy on the block. You're the powerhouse that steers the island, and shows almost every sign of winning this war. You have to expect that you're going to be the focus of attention. Revel in it! After all, it's your 15 minutes of fame. (Even if it's lasted for about 4 years ...grumble, grumble...)

Zakilevo

« Reply #13: February 02, 2012, 04:57:49 AM »
If you don't like being called the evil empire, there is a simple solution to that. Just wipe out everyone so there won't be anyone to call CE the evil empire anymore. If Hitler defeated the allies and won the WW2 he wouldn't have been a villain... probably.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: February 02, 2012, 05:47:05 AM »
If you don't like being called the evil empire, there is a simple solution to that. Just wipe out everyone so there won't be anyone to call CE the evil empire anymore.

I like this solution, myself.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"