Author Topic: No head of the church  (Read 3282 times)

Zakilevo

No head of the church
« Topic Start: February 04, 2012, 12:55:20 AM »
So my religion is missing rank 1 to 8. Would it be better to recreate the religion or can someone with rank 9 become rank 1?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: No head of the church
« Reply #1: February 04, 2012, 03:39:02 AM »
No, but they can become rank 2.

On the Manage Guild Ranks page, in such a situation, there should be a button for an elder in the top occupied rank that says "reclaim upper ranks" or something similar.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Zakilevo

« Reply #2: February 04, 2012, 03:46:34 AM »
Ah.. Okay. I will tell elders to try out that button.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: February 05, 2012, 07:44:34 PM »
No, but they can become rank 2.

On the Manage Guild Ranks page, in such a situation, there should be a button for an elder in the top occupied rank that says "reclaim upper ranks" or something similar.

I'm not sure if it's because Sofia's player is just blind or not, but this has not been possible with Verdis Elementum. Our highest-ranking elder is about rank 5 or 6 I think, and has been unable to claim a better rank.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Zakilevo

« Reply #4: February 05, 2012, 08:31:55 PM »
One of my church member tried to reclaim rank 2. Instead of him becoming rank 2, his rank became rank 2.

Ex)
Pope is rank 2 in my religion.
Archguardian is rank 9.
Now Archguardian is on the same level as Pope - both are now rank 2.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: February 05, 2012, 08:43:49 PM »
One of my church member tried to reclaim rank 2. Instead of him becoming rank 2, his rank became rank 2.

Ex)
Archguardian is rank 9.

Yes, that's correct. Sorry, I should have been more clear about the effects of the option.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: February 05, 2012, 08:44:31 PM »

Ex)
Archguardian is rank 9.

I am guessing he can change the name of the ranks now to make them align with whatever ranking he wants to have?
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: February 05, 2012, 08:53:01 PM »
I'm not sure if it's because Sofia's player is just blind or not, but this has not been possible with Verdis Elementum. Our highest-ranking elder is about rank 5 or 6 I think, and has been unable to claim a better rank.

I've checked out the situation on the dev server, and it looks like she should be able to access it.

The sequence is this:

Visit Verdis Elementum temple

Manage Ranks

Scroll to the very bottom, and you should see this line:

As there are no elder members in ranks above yours, you can reclaim the ranks above yours, making the rank you currently hold the highest rank in the order.

Click on the "reclaim the ranks" link.
Timothy Collett

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #8: February 05, 2012, 10:20:00 PM »
Does it show if the uppers are only paused?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: February 05, 2012, 11:23:43 PM »
Does it show if the uppers are only paused?

I believe it does not. However, I am not certain.
Timothy Collett

egamma

« Reply #10: February 06, 2012, 08:24:33 AM »
Is this for the Via of Filiolus? It doesn't have a priest, so it's pretty much screwed.

And I'm okay with that--it's a pretty generic religion, that had a little revival, but relied heavily on a single priestess for a year, I think, and had no RP value.