Author Topic: Skyrim Mods  (Read 14886 times)

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Skyrim Mods
« Topic Start: February 24, 2012, 11:49:16 AM »
So since the workshop is out and there are plenty of vanity mods and tweaks out there, thought it might be nice to see what people is running since I am no longer up to date thanks to releasing my own mod and starting work on a second.

Oh, and since the Navmesh bug is going to be fixed finally after 5 years (i'll believe it when I see it!), are you looking forward to the BIG mods?
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
Re: Skyrim Mods
« Reply #1: February 24, 2012, 12:29:52 PM »
Navmesh?

So far, I have 35-ish mods installed. Most of them are to work around a few things in the game that I find annoying.

For instance, a mod automatically takes gold and lockpicks from containers. Another adds a tag to skillbooks showing what skill they affect, and also unread books glow blue on shelves. I have the mod for summoning an ethereal horse. Arrow crafting. Ebony mail as light armor, ...

Most of them are rather tweaks than real mods, I suppose. However, when I start a new character type I'll get some mods regarding skills and stuff as well. I want to play a 'pure' class, such as pure melee or magic. So far I've been doing a summoning rogue guy :) If I end up with a berserker, I'll definetely get that decapitation mod. In case of magic, probably Midas Magic or something similar

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #2: February 24, 2012, 01:50:25 PM »
Yeah, the magic was a bit of a letdown. I maxed destruction on one of my chars and yet almost all enemies would take multiple hits with the most powerful spells in the game.

With my new main char (level 51 now), I don't bother with destruction magic much, except for a fireball or so to hit enemies around a corner and draw them out where I can shoot them. :-)

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: February 24, 2012, 02:41:39 PM »
Yeah, the magic was a bit of a letdown. I maxed destruction on one of my chars and yet almost all enemies would take multiple hits with the most powerful spells in the game.

With my new main char (level 51 now), I don't bother with destruction magic much, except for a fireball or so to hit enemies around a corner and draw them out where I can shoot them. :-)

Morrowind had better magic. Levitation, silence, chameleon, ... I've only used flames to ignite puddles of oil :D (which I have been doing consistently ever since I discovered the feature)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #4: February 24, 2012, 03:35:16 PM »
Morrowind had better magic. Levitation, silence, chameleon, ... I've only used flames to ignite puddles of oil :D (which I have been doing consistently ever since I discovered the feature)

I absolutely miss flying.

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: February 24, 2012, 05:10:23 PM »
Navmesh?

AI pathing, a video made by Giskard of The Engineering Guild details it exactly: http://youtu.be/RlNBVOcuW3M

Basically, its annoying for any content mods that introduces quests, npcs, new houses etc etc etc.

Oh, if you are interested in making mods, are a modder, or like BIG content mods made by excellent modders: Join The Engineering Guild ;) tis basically a troll-free modders forum with useful people ;)

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: February 24, 2012, 05:11:28 PM »
For Magic, Midas Magic is one of the main ones that was up on the Workshop first. But I few other big magic overhauls are still being converted (I think, havent really checked recently).

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Zakilevo

« Reply #8: March 19, 2012, 05:19:03 AM »
yikes LotR mod.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: March 19, 2012, 08:54:50 AM »

Yeah. TES has such great lore already, why ruin litter it with LOTR material? Most likely such content would be restricted to the mainstream Tolkien stuff, meaning whatever showed up in the movies...

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: March 19, 2012, 02:10:26 PM »
Hehe. Arguably, no PC game is complete until someone has made a Middle Earth mod/map/scenario for it. I still remember being utterly bewildered by the 'Battle for Middle Earth RPG' scenario on Age of Empires II. Wasn't into LotR so I didn't really get it. The Simpsons RPG was much more fun :P

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: March 23, 2012, 10:04:50 AM »
Yeah. TES has such great lore already, why ruin litter it with LOTR material? Most likely such content would be restricted to the mainstream Tolkien stuff, meaning whatever showed up in the movies...

You misunderstand- This is more like a total conversion, gets rids of Skyrim and replaces it with Middle Earth.  ;D

The movies were blasphemous (though entertaining)... These guys are basing the mod on the books, and my investigations proved they know what they're doing.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 10:07:20 AM by Lefanis »
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: March 23, 2012, 08:13:18 PM »
http://www.theengineeringguild.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=447:wizards-of-winterhold-v1-released&catid=7:guild-news&Itemid=101

Made by perhaps the best modder for TES out there.

Quote from: Wizards of Winterhold mod info
As we all know the mages game in Skyrim is sadly lacking and the best place to go if your a mage has the shortest questline in the game. Allowing the player to go from a nobody to Archmage in just a few quests without actually knowing much magic.

Just a few quests? Don't know about anyone else, but I never felt like the mages guild was a short questline. If I never have to enter a dwemer ruin again, it will be too soon! >.<

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: March 24, 2012, 02:03:54 AM »
Just a few quests? Don't know about anyone else, but I never felt like the mages guild was a short questline. If I never have to enter a dwemer ruin again, it will be too soon! >.<

Yup, very few quests, esp when compared to say Oblivion. As for Dwemer Ruins, you would NOT like the mod. The Dark Roads is pretty much dwemer and falmer based.