Author Topic: Republic Ruler appointing himself as Duke and Lord?  (Read 17081 times)

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
In Riombara the Duke and Lord of Fwuvoghor recently left the realm and sailed to another island. Being the realm a Republic elections opened. I was under the impression only Tyrannies and Theocracies could have their Rulers appointing themselves as Dukes, but ours did it as well, appearing this message:

Ambassador of Riombara has appointed Hvrek Psyche to the vacant duke position of Fwuvoghor.

And after that, we received this message:

The winning choice therefore is Gregorian, with 4 votes. A simple majority was required, i.e. 1 vote. Due to the tie, a random draw decided the winning choice.
Unfortunately, the lordship is already taken by Hvrek Psyche, High Chancellor of Riombara, Duke of Fwuvoghor, Marquess of Fwuvoghor, Marshal of the Army of the Sun, Ambassador of Riombara. Therefore, Gregorian can not be proclaimed. The successful referendum does create a minor claim, though.

Is this all intended behavior?
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Yes, the new duchy/estate system does not yet make a difference between government systems. Mostly because we are considering changes in that area.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Unfortunately, the lordship is already taken by Hvrek Psyche, High Chancellor of Riombara, Duke of Fwuvoghor, Marquess of Fwuvoghor, Marshal of the Army of the Sun, Ambassador of Riombara. Therefore, Gregorian can not be proclaimed.
Protest storm!

Seriously, you Riombarans are so silly... It's like a parody of itself now. You elected, of all people, Hvrek Pscyhe as your ruler, and didn't anticipate these kinds of antics? Your realm must be full of young whippersnappers that haven't bothered studying local history.  ::)
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
Protest storm!

Seriously, you Riombarans are so silly... It's like a parody of itself now. You elected, of all people, Hvrek Pscyhe as your ruler, and didn't anticipate these kinds of antics? Your realm must be full of young whippersnappers that haven't bothered studying local history.  ::)

Aaaand he was now protested out, and his head is being asked.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Protest storm!

Would that many people left in Riombara even REMEMBER the Pscyhe family and the stupid antics they got up to in Alluran back when there was still a Alluran realm?
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Would that many people left in Riombara even REMEMBER the Pscyhe family and the stupid antics they got up to in Alluran back when there was still a Alluran realm?

I think more people outside of Riombara remember than people in Riombara. And those in Riombara who do remember were probably of the Alluran bunch to begin with anyways.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
I think more people outside of Riombara remember than people in Riombara. And those in Riombara who do remember were probably of the Alluran bunch to begin with anyways.

Yes but the ones that supported Pscyhe mostly ended up in Enweil after the Dominion of Alluran destroyed the Kingdom of Alluran. Those that ended up in Rio mostly came from the Dominion after the monsters destroyed the Dominion in the fourth invasion so chances are any Alluran in Rio probably fought against the last incarnation of the Pscyhe family. From memory we killed of the religion after that war as well.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Yes but the ones that supported Pscyhe mostly ended up in Enweil after the Dominion of Alluran destroyed the Kingdom of Alluran. Those that ended up in Rio mostly came from the Dominion after the monsters destroyed the Dominion in the fourth invasion so chances are any Alluran in Rio probably fought against the last incarnation of the Pscyhe family. From memory we killed of the religion after that war as well.

What religion?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
What religion?

Alluran was the religion that he ran. I believe when his family disappeared it was destroyed, but I can't really remember.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Alluran was the religion that he ran. I believe when his family disappeared it was destroyed, but I can't really remember.

Spoilers: Not at all, the Order of Alluran is very strong still.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile

Is it the same? I thought it was refounded.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
well.. he runs it.. so what's the difference?

2 family 3 priests XD (was 4 until the last day or 2)

apathy would be the answer to most questions.

... anyway.. the gripe is not that we protested him out.. but we didn't get to rebel and strip the duke/lord....
firefox

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
well.. he runs it.. so what's the difference?

None, just historical accuracy.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Yup refounded by his new family.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile

Indeed. It's the number 1 reason Fheuv'n declared war on Rio, Rio's ruler is the head of it, declared us evil, then came to Fheuv'n continuously to preach and even incited riots and violence. Alluran is continuously antagonizing Fheuv'n and Enweil under the instructions of Rio's ruler.

I heard they kicked him out. Seems like harassing neighbours in an invasion was fine, but appointing himself to a lordship wasn't. Go figure.