Author Topic: Colony Takeover on Dwilight?  (Read 11793 times)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Re: Colony Takeover on Dwilight?
« Reply #30: March 02, 2012, 06:29:13 AM »
And that impacts on establishing a realm how? I surely don't need a colony in Balance Retreat to loot the local regions, assuming that Morek, Pian and Solaria haven't already been doing so. You generally need to send a good force in to loot mind you, those monsters spawns in the area can be annoying.

The end result is still the same in the end the realm can't feed itself and has very little income to cover military and food imports.

Unless I'm wrong, I thought the recent changes made sure that all Strongholds and mountains were self-sustaining in food production. I don't plan for it to have a ton of gold in the realm, but it shouldn't starve.

Meanwhile, regular food and gold shipments from other realms is who I would maintain the realm. It is quite manageable in this regard and yes I would do it and could probably gain the IC backing (I've already started). The only issue is that Malus may just want to go kill it as soon as its made. Which causes a bit of a problem. OR Malus can decide that a friendly realm with no intent of fighting him, in BR could actually help keep monster attacks at bay and protect his northern flank.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: March 02, 2012, 06:54:05 AM »
Unless I'm wrong, I thought the recent changes made sure that all Strongholds and mountains were self-sustaining in food production. I don't plan for it to have a ton of gold in the realm, but it shouldn't starve.

Meanwhile, regular food and gold shipments from other realms is who I would maintain the realm. It is quite manageable in this regard and yes I would do it and could probably gain the IC backing (I've already started). The only issue is that Malus may just want to go kill it as soon as its made. Which causes a bit of a problem. OR Malus can decide that a friendly realm with no intent of fighting him, in BR could actually help keep monster attacks at bay and protect his northern flank.

If we don't have monsters on our northern flank, what the hell will my armies do?

Since I'm apparently one of the few that investigated the regions since the change, here is the info I've collected

Balances Retreat
Food : 76
Population : 2800
Daily Consumption : 5.6
Daily Production : 10.8

West Divide
Food : 7
Population : 600
Daily Consumption : 2
Daily Production : 1

North Divide
Food : 10
Population : 750
Daily Consumption : 2

South Divide
Food : 5
Population 450
Daily Consumption : 1

Alley of Swords
Food : 27
Population : 1350
Daily Consumption : 3
Daily Production : 4

So as you the region would be marginal. Things might be better if you can claim the next ring of regions though. With those figures I have doubts about the ability to weather the winter on its own, so then you have to ask if it is conceivable that other realms will basically provide free food for the realm, as well as regular gold influx. I can't see that really being maintainable long term, the returns on the investment just aren't there. You would have to have a damn strong RP link for such ongoing support.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: March 02, 2012, 07:00:22 AM »
RP is what the game is about. (Aside from that thing called "battles")

Would you be surprised if I said there were already some interested in financially supporting the realm in return for certain things?

But apparently, colonizing BR is literally impossible right now because Strongholds can't secede and there are no colony takeovers.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: March 02, 2012, 07:04:30 AM »
RP is what the game is about. (Aside from that thing called "battles")

Would you be surprised if I said there were already some interested in financially supporting the realm in return for certain things?

But apparently, colonizing BR is literally impossible right now because Strongholds can't secede and there are no colony takeovers.

No I'm not surprised, just as I wouldn't be surprised when the financial support ends after a few months. People THINK is seems cool to send away gold and food week after week. The reality is likely to be a lot less interesting.

I also would not be surprised to find out the "interest" of the other parties is nothing but a ruse to recruit potential colonist to their realm and string them along with hopes of eventually striking out on there own, while never intending to fulfil there part of the deal. Cause such deception has NEVER happened on Dwilight, nope never.

Hell most sponsors get tired of trying to fund NORMAL colony efforts, which at least should be self sufficient in the end. You only have to look at how many colony efforts set out woefully unprepared and under resourced because their sponsor realm has decided they are bored of stockpiling gold and food.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 07:09:37 AM by De-Legro »

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: March 02, 2012, 07:09:29 AM »
I also would not be surprised to find out the "interest" of the other parties is nothing but a ruse to recruit potential colonist to their realm and string them along with hopes of eventually striking out on there own, while never intending to fulfil there part of the deal. Cause such deception has NEVER happened on Dwilight, nope never.

Well I'm glad we can agree that never happens.
If we don't have monsters on our northern flank, what the hell will my armies do?

I don't know, what they've been doing? Fighting their Lurian neighbors like Luria is supposed to do? Rebelling against themselves? Twiddling their thumbs and plotting treason?

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: March 02, 2012, 07:14:01 AM »
Well I'm glad we can agree that never happens.
I don't know, what they've been doing? Fighting their Lurian neighbors like Luria is supposed to do? Rebelling against themselves? Twiddling their thumbs and plotting treason?

To be honest we are running out of characters in Luria that make good targets for aggression. Malus was too successful in this last little witch hunt. Once this war settles down, the balance of power and ties between the three remaining realms should result in peace for a long while, I guess we can march south against Fissoa with Luria Nova, but that conflict probably won't last long either.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: March 02, 2012, 07:17:00 AM »
To be honest we are running out of characters in Luria that make good targets for aggression. Malus was too successful in this last little witch hunt. Once this war settles down, the balance of power and ties between the three remaining realms should result in peace for a long while, I guess we can march south against Fissoa with Luria Nova, but that conflict probably won't last long either.

Not that I really have much sympathy for you, since my character was one of the ones that always ensured something fun was going on Luria. But if you want some advice: Make Alanna Queen of Pian en Luries. That'll keep things spicy for a while. Otherwise, you'll lose a lot of nobles fairly quickly as they all get bored from having nothing to do.

OR, just invite Brom back, make him King of something and I'll keep it interesting for you some more.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: March 02, 2012, 07:26:09 AM »
Not that I really have much sympathy for you, since my character was one of the ones that always ensured something fun was going on Luria. But if you want some advice: Make Alanna Queen of Pian en Luries. That'll keep things spicy for a while. Otherwise, you'll lose a lot of nobles fairly quickly as they all get bored from having nothing to do.

OR, just invite Brom back, make him King of something and I'll keep it interesting for you some more.

You mistake my intent. We are doing what Koli tried to do an reduce the spectre of rebellion and in fighting that plague the region. Only Koli tried to integrate everyone where we just booted out the trouble makers. Honestly things were not being kept all that interesting, it was getting to the stage of boring repetition, especially since always seems to be the same old characters stirring the pot.

Perhaps Luria can finally look outside of its own borders, and the addition of SA to the region will likely create some fun.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 07:28:19 AM by De-Legro »