Author Topic: Dropping Militia on Testing  (Read 6288 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Dropping Militia on Testing
« Reply #15: March 05, 2012, 07:40:27 AM »
Well seeing as you no longer need to actually swear an oath to change realms like you used to, No, I didn't swear an oath to the realm. Swearing an oath would be like me picking up an estate, which I'm not doing.

The better question is everyone else seems to accept this as reasonable as they are well aware of it.

I can only then conclude that this action is reasonable. If we're talking about honor though of nobility, just ask Tybalt about that. At least Malus somewhat did what he said he was going to.

Changing realms is still swearing a oath, it is just a different oath to that of a estate. You have sworn allegiance to the new realm, only in the case of your character its all a sham, most likely to make it easy for your character to pass through their realm.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: March 05, 2012, 07:49:35 AM »
Changing realms is still swearing a oath, it is just a different oath to that of a estate. You have sworn allegiance to the new realm, only in the case of your character its all a sham, most likely to make it easy for your character to pass through their realm.

Well hmm, never really seen it that way myself after the recent changes. I thought that changed the way we were supposed to perceive things.

At any rate, if we're only discussing my personal character, for those that know my character from Luria I'm not so sure what they would say about his dedication to oaths anyway. Then again, IC and OOC I see it completely differently, but hey its a game.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: March 05, 2012, 07:52:09 AM »
Well hmm, never really seen it that way myself after the recent changes. I thought that changed the way we were supposed to perceive things.

At any rate, if we're only discussing my personal character, for those that know my character from Luria I'm not so sure what they would say about his dedication to oaths anyway. Then again, IC and OOC I see it completely differently, but hey its a game.

What makes you think it is different after the changes? You could always change realm without an estate oath at any rate, just had to travel to the capital.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #18: March 05, 2012, 09:47:23 AM »
One question: Should I bother making a feature request then about having a method to "get rid of a couple of men."

There's already a feature like that, called "abandon". It has limitations as well. You see, I would like to have people view the soldiers they recruit as a little more than just numbers, and also not in an american style hire&fire attitude.

Zakilevo

« Reply #19: March 05, 2012, 06:29:59 PM »
How about make your units lose morale and cohesion if you abandon them (both when they are wounded and healthy)?

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: March 05, 2012, 07:58:24 PM »
There's already a feature like that, called "abandon". It has limitations as well. You see, I would like to have people view the soldiers they recruit as a little more than just numbers, and also not in an american style hire&fire attitude.

Makes sense. My character even does agree with you on that, and treats his men more than that, and even RP's about them.

I've only really had problems recently as I got banned from the realm I was in, and only have a certain amount of gold to support them over a certain amount of time.

This thread can probably be closed in my opinion. My questions were answered.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."