Author Topic: Beluaterra Map  (Read 20974 times)

songqu88@gmail.com

Re: Beluaterra Map
« Reply #30: April 04, 2011, 05:02:43 AM »
For reference to the map modifications I've been doing (Fullsize map, 4 mb):
http://img853.imageshack.us/f/btmod.jpg/

I think I have the wrong city graphic for Twillen. I also didn't like how the textures worked so I quit after a few minutes. I also can't figure out the unpredictable links Imageshack likes to use.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: April 04, 2011, 05:39:19 AM »
Think about the alternate form of Invasions that seems to be the future, if they occur in any form at all. If you want to speculate on (most likely) impossible things that are (very probably) never going to happen, then there's no stopping it. But at a certain point it becomes a question of just why are we fantasizing about some aspect of the game that will most likely only ever exist in our minds? If you have something cohesive and/or interesting that's fiction, then share out the story so we can enjoy, but so far, there hasn't been anything cohesive or of any remarkable length.

I understand what you mean. If there is too much speculation, there is no real progress on the topic at hand. I realize that, but at the same time I can't help to think that the ideas that BattleMaster has developed and the updates it undergoes come purely from that point of fantasizing and turning it into something real. From my perspective that is a great "Top" about BM, creating an idea into something real. Part of BM is your imagaination.. how else would a colony think of turning into a realm without a little imagination?
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #32: April 04, 2011, 09:45:04 PM »
Progress report, because the commute was earlier than usual. Trying to do this on a train is a bit interesting. Also, I don't know the actual borders, so the blights were approximated. (Oh hey, Fianik disappeared.)

So far, I'd say about 90% of the blight is complete, but if you look closely you can see the parts where the pattern repeats, and some tears in the image. Also I can't change the land-water borders. All I have is Photoshop and the maps available, so if someone with actual AoW editor wants to make it look good, have at it.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 09:59:21 PM by Artemesia »

Zakilevo

« Reply #33: April 04, 2011, 11:54:28 PM »
Uhh why is the southern regions covered with trees? was it always like that?

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: April 05, 2011, 12:01:25 AM »
Uhh why is the southern regions covered with trees? was it always like that?

No, I'm guessing the trees represent where the Monster's portals were. The same goes for blackened/scorched terrain = Daimons and Ice = Undead. Nice map layout. I'll try to find an AoW editor and play around with it.
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #35: April 05, 2011, 12:19:50 AM »
Yeah, that was generally the idea. There are other parts where the invaders had a mixture of blights, such as around Cteduul, and in the absence of knowing exactly who owned what, I kept the badlands, darkened Zod, and made Cteduul have lots of graves like Outer Tilog. The same goes for Ete City, as I forgot whether Monsters held that.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: April 05, 2011, 12:43:22 AM »
Should something be done about Jiddington, Irombro, Eylmon, and Eno? They're still glittering white.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #37: April 05, 2011, 12:45:52 AM »
I don't have the vegetation-growth city tilesets.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: April 05, 2011, 03:43:02 AM »
Even if you just did more of the dull grey and brick cities it'd be better, like in the daemon badlands. Though having a glistening city of silver in the midst of monstrous woods does sound mildly epic.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Zakilevo

« Reply #39: April 05, 2011, 05:37:36 AM »
Why don't you turn monster occupied cities into ruins (pretty sure AoW has a razed city model?)? I doubt monsters would use  a city if they like the forest so much.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: April 05, 2011, 05:43:17 AM »
he is using photoshop, not the AOW editor. Thus he doesn't have access to all the AOW sprites.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #41: April 05, 2011, 03:08:55 PM »
Even if you just did more of the dull grey and brick cities it'd be better, like in the daemon badlands. Though having a glistening city of silver in the midst of monstrous woods does sound mildly epic.

It holds true to the legacy of the one who conquered them, good of you to mention it.

* Artemesia poses for the *pun*cture.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: April 05, 2011, 09:46:56 PM »
That joke was truly arcane, though I think you did it justice.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #43: April 06, 2011, 12:41:10 AM »
I think it is Prudent not to be a Shambler when sharing Wisdom.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: April 06, 2011, 01:53:30 AM »
The problem with editing the maps is I can't just download the picture and load it into the AoW editor - I need the actually Beluaterra AoW editor file to work on. I could attempt to re-create the BT map, but that would also take ages and ages.. the detail put into these maps is more than you would expect.