Author Topic: How NOT to declare war  (Read 25590 times)

Arrakis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: How NOT to declare war
« Reply #60: April 21, 2012, 12:24:13 PM »
Ah right, I just remember there were some looting prior to the expedition. But i think that was west of Eidulb or? can't remember...it was a long time ago
Gregorian (Eponllyn), Baudouin (Cathay), Thaddeus (Cathay), Leopold (Niselur)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #61: April 22, 2012, 04:11:05 PM »
I'm fairly sure we did some looting runs at some point, but never on a large scale... That was a long time ago, back when we had lots of gold anyway, but no food.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #62: April 22, 2012, 05:12:51 PM »
What are you talking about? In the previous estate system I /always/ had room for more knights, now there really is a limit to how much knights a realm can accomodate... Which is awkward at times.

Overall, the new estate system is an immense improvement though. I was probably just the only fanatic supporter of the old one. :)

In the new system, you can unilaterally change estate sizes. In the old, you had to re-negotiate with every knight, making for sudden considerable changes in noble count quite a hassle.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #63: April 22, 2012, 05:31:45 PM »
it did. i personally looted mimer peninsula. i think that counts.

but yes, caerwyn was infamous for that. they had a neat system going on.

Heck yea. I made thousands of gold with Lyse, barely looting anything.

Had I not gotten bored with the character, I'd have gotten my family wealth maxed in a month...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #64: April 24, 2012, 10:38:10 AM »
Heck yea. I made thousands of gold with Lyse, barely looting anything.

Had I not gotten bored with the character, I'd have gotten my family wealth maxed in a month...

I have no doubt that you could have, I remember getting 1000 gold or more per region before the monsters came and then move to the next region, That is how Dhara survived in the beginning.
Dexter - Principality of Zonasa, Telgar - Principality of Zonasa, Wil - Morek Empire, Crom- Adventurer - Kabrinskia-paused

Zahringer

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #65: April 24, 2012, 07:58:46 PM »
Some of the SA faithful might wonder about the subtle references to Orris Morton and Elsebeth included in my character's request to join SA.

You see, in Summerdale, some of us couldn't think of any way to explain several hundred militia men, formerly devoutly loyal to Summerdale, all suddenly and unanimously deciding to defect to Libero without any disagreements. I mean, think of their families back home that they won't see again! Clearly, Orris has a witch in his court and has befriended devils to work this ludicrous magic upon them all. If there's a better way to rationalise IC the lingering outcome of a happily-exploited bug OOC, I can't think of one.   :)

Also, I guess the game mechanics allow it, but IMO it's kinda ludicrous and undignified that the enemy Queen is hiding without an army in a region swarming with enemy troops and increasingly sympathetic to the enemy. My character's only guess is that she's good at hiding in haystacks and pigpens. ;D

Loving the game so far!

Darksun

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Bucksplace
« Reply #66: April 24, 2012, 08:05:46 PM »
Some of the SA faithful might wonder about the subtle references to Orris Morton and Elsebeth included in my character's request to join SA.

Neither reference was subtle and both are already members of the faith - the later an esteemed Elder. It triggered an apology from your own liege and made your character look quite ignorant.

Zahringer

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #67: April 24, 2012, 09:17:41 PM »
Oh, I saw both their names in the recipient list before I began typing the very first sentence, and you can be sure that my character knowingly addressed a copy of his letter to both. He's a knight, a man of the sword, not an ambassador; and he isn't about to handle an dishonorable enemy with kid gloves.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 09:33:35 PM by Zahringer »

Brant

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #68: April 24, 2012, 09:53:00 PM »
IC:  Wincing, facepalming.

OOC:  Laughing.  Hard.

Darksun

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Bucksplace
« Reply #69: April 24, 2012, 10:19:37 PM »
OOC:  Laughing.  Hard.

Oh, certainly, it was well done and an interesting way to play through the issue.

Brant

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #70: April 29, 2012, 08:27:16 PM »
Enjoy the battle!   I normally hate one sided, especially on the receiving end, but I am glad OOCly that we can get more people in on the fun.  Happy to be able to show our influx of new players one of my favorite parts of BM, instead of a 30th consecutive "rally in Nifel" turn.  :)

Zahringer

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #71: April 30, 2012, 10:28:44 AM »
That courageous assault was heart-rendingly lopsided and in vain, like the Charge of the Light Brigade. Into the valley of death we rode. Good show to us; and to the other guys, well, victory itself can suffice.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #72: May 10, 2012, 11:42:02 AM »
Is Summerdale still more region than nobles? I'd figure the massive influx of nobles to Summerdale from B12 would have changed that. I've read a lot of complaining about Summerdale having no free estates...

If not, I'll gladly inform the ravenous hordes to stop making new characters in Terran and instead join Summerdale. I think the last 12 people who joined Terran in the last week are all either my friends or folks I know from B12. <_< I know at least 8 of my friends have confirmed joining Terran this week.

Oh, if only there was rebellion... I'd love to hear Skype-rage in our 20-person group calls as they find out I executed/murdered/attacked one of them... :P

Also, knowing folks on and off B12 on both sides, it seems pretty evident Libero has absolutely annihilated Summerdale with superior numbers and firepower. Morek being involved just changed the scales from overpowered to overkill, heh.
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Broose

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #73: May 10, 2012, 11:59:55 AM »
Is Summerdale still more region than nobles? I'd figure the massive influx of nobles to Summerdale from B12 would have changed that. I've read a lot of complaining about Summerdale having no free estates...

If not, I'll gladly inform the ravenous hordes to stop making new characters in Terran and instead join Summerdale. I think the last 12 people who joined Terran in the last week are all either my friends or folks I know from B12. <_< I know at least 8 of my friends have confirmed joining Terran this week.

Oh, if only there was rebellion... I'd love to hear Skype-rage in our 20-person group calls as they find out I executed/murdered/attacked one of them... :P

Also, knowing folks on and off B12 on both sides, it seems pretty evident Libero has absolutely annihilated Summerdale with superior numbers and firepower. Morek being involved just changed the scales from overpowered to overkill, heh.

Actually, we were doing pretty good until Morek joined. In the beginning, we managed a couple nice victories despite having only 8 nobles, and after that we got a huge influx of nobles and had fairly good chances of winning. We had a good shot at taking Mt. Black back until Morek reinforced them, and since then we've been getting beaten pretty hard.

Summerdale definitely doesn't need anymore nobles. We could have managed with 20, and we got 40. I think we can still get every noble an estate, but it's getting tough to manage.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #74: May 10, 2012, 12:05:26 PM »
Ahhh.

I would have quite liked seeing a continued Summerdale vs. Libero. Oh well, nothing we can do about it now but mull over ashes and loot the battlefields... :P
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.