Author Topic: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict  (Read 235419 times)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict
« Topic Start: April 04, 2012, 08:43:01 PM »
*sigh* It is painfully clear that is has been a very long time since we Terrans have fought a war.  :-[
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Re: The Terran-Kabrinskian Conflict
« Reply #1: April 04, 2012, 09:01:17 PM »
Ruh roh!

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: April 04, 2012, 10:08:16 PM »
And the Kabrinskians won their realm by beating the snot out of Averoth and Caerwyn. :)

When you're used to beating up on monsters and undead, it takes a while to get used to facing real people again. Terran will figure it out pretty quickly.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: April 04, 2012, 10:23:19 PM »
Hopefully for them, quickly enough :P

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #4: April 05, 2012, 12:00:56 AM »
the bad thing for Terran... that was only 2/3 of the army...

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: April 05, 2012, 12:17:38 AM »
the bad thing for Terran... that was only 2/3 of the army...

Well, yeah, that wasn't even half of Terran's.

Our rustiness is on the organizational/follow orders and be where you need to be side of things. Everyone is used to just doing whatever they want and most individual Lords deal with monsters in their region pretty much by themselves, maybe with help of a neighbor or anyone who is passing by. They aren't used to following movement orders to much.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Andrew

• M&F's Anaris
  • Administrator
  • Noble Lord
  • Sometimes, With A Bopping Stick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: April 05, 2012, 04:55:34 AM »
I was wondering about that... I think all of Barca was actually. We're all like "The only managed to gather 600 men? WTF?"
Like my programming? Become my patron!

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: April 05, 2012, 06:51:49 AM »
Out of curiosity, what kind of tax rates are most people on Dwilight running? 

I am trying to figure out why Terran's cities are only running a 14% tax rate...
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: April 05, 2012, 08:03:03 AM »
When you're used to beating up on monsters and undead, it takes a while to get used to facing real people again. Terran will figure it out pretty quickly.

Yup. I OOCly figured we'd lose the first engagement if we didn't get a first strike, and Hireshmont ICly was determined not to make such a strike. But he is now fuming mad at the military types who he sees as having let down Terran.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: April 05, 2012, 08:11:38 AM »

I am trying to figure out why Terran's cities are only running a 14% tax rate...

Most players are still thinking in the old tax system's tolerance. Here go some taxes around the South-West:

Rurals - 9, 9, 11, 11, 11, 12, 12, 12, 13 and 15%
Townslands - 9, 10 and 12%
Cities - 15, 15, 16 and 17%
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 08:13:29 AM by JPierreD »
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

BardicNerd

• Noble Lord
  • Evans Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: April 05, 2012, 08:56:58 AM »

I run my rural at 17% and have to do nil work to keep it at perfect stats.  I'm thinking of seeing if I can get a little more out of it, given that we now have a war, and thus something to actually spend that gold on.

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: April 05, 2012, 09:41:54 AM »
Yup. I OOCly figured we'd lose the first engagement if we didn't get a first strike, and Hireshmont ICly was determined not to make such a strike. But he is now fuming mad at the military types who he sees as having let down Terran.

Kale, and admittedly myself, are more than I little irked. I must have sent 5-6 order letters out (not counting the standing orders that were up the whole time) for about two weeks solid ordering all the Phantarians that war would break out any day and to rally in Lavendrow. WE HAD SEVEN OF THEM NOT IN LAVENDROW WHEN THE KABRINSKIANS HIT. I was upset.

If all of the Phantarians alone, not even counting Lowlanders (even some Lowlanders made it but not all Phantarians; hell the Senator of Larur made it!), had made it to Lavendrow we would have had the larger mobile CS force.

Not to mention the fact Kale goes around boasting about the elite quality of the Phantarians; it is his pride and joy, his everything. And after its first real engagement, Terran's first real war in literally forever, nobody rallies on time, we lose; Kale is the last to leave the field, his unit of 100 archers wiped out, and now he sits hanging onto to dear life with a serious/worsening injury!

Bleh!  >:(
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 09:43:51 AM by Perth »

egamma

« Reply #12: April 05, 2012, 01:36:15 PM »
Kale, and admittedly myself, are more than I little irked. I must have sent 5-6 order letters out (not counting the standing orders that were up the whole time) for about two weeks solid ordering all the Phantarians that war would break out any day and to rally in Lavendrow. WE HAD SEVEN OF THEM NOT IN LAVENDROW WHEN THE KABRINSKIANS HIT. I was upset.

If all of the Phantarians alone, not even counting Lowlanders (even some Lowlanders made it but not all Phantarians; hell the Senator of Larur made it!), had made it to Lavendrow we would have had the larger mobile CS force.

Not to mention the fact Kale goes around boasting about the elite quality of the Phantarians; it is his pride and joy, his everything. And after its first real engagement, Terran's first real war in literally forever, nobody rallies on time, we lose; Kale is the last to leave the field, his unit of 100 archers wiped out, and now he sits hanging onto to dear life with a serious/worsening injury!

Bleh!  >:(

Two weeks? Fine the !#@$!# out of those slackers, and give the gold to those who followed orders.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: April 05, 2012, 09:01:08 PM »
Diplomatic News   (18 minutes ago)
The realms of Kabrinskia and Zuma Coalition have signed a peace treaty.

Evil Laugh
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: April 05, 2012, 10:36:58 PM »
...What did you do?