Author Topic: Atamara: We're not afraid to Gang up on you!  (Read 18671 times)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Atamara: We're not afraid to Gang up on you!
« Reply #30: April 17, 2012, 01:06:28 AM »
  The real question is: what is Carelia going to do after the war?
If we win or if we lose?
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

OFaolain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: April 17, 2012, 01:33:00 AM »
I'm not sure what sort of force Tara has in the area (though since we retreated I presume it could make a difference), so let's assume that you lose; would Carelia be willing to accept a peace where you lose Tarkhog and Lurgrod or are you too far beyond trusting us dirty Suvillans at our word?

Of course, I'm starting to wonder if we can actually hold either region.
MacGeil Family: Cathan (Corsanctum)
Formerly the O'Faolain, then Nisbet families

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: April 17, 2012, 01:40:45 AM »
are you too far beyond trusting us dirty Suvillans at our word?
Because of the repeated betrayal and lies if we had peace we would surely not trust you at all and make sure we had all Carelian forces nearby for quite some time before we even thought about helping our allies with their war I am rather sure.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: April 17, 2012, 01:55:55 AM »
Just saying does Atamara really need much more war?

Good god yes! What are you even trying to say?!

OFaolain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: April 17, 2012, 02:00:07 AM »
Because of the repeated betrayal and lies if we had peace we would surely not trust you at all and make sure we had all Carelian forces nearby for quite some time before we even thought about helping our allies with their war I am rather sure.

It was spun pretty well within Suville; most of the country was fed up with Carelia by the time we broke alliance, especially since Suville lost a hero in the most recent expedition which got blamed on Carelia as well.  By the time we went to war there wasn't even much opposition to it.  But what do I know, Ronan's just a knight. :)

de Aquitane

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: April 17, 2012, 02:09:19 AM »
I'm not sure what sort of force Tara has in the area (though since we retreated I presume it could make a difference), so let's assume that you lose; would Carelia be willing to accept a peace where you lose Tarkhog and Lurgrod or are you too far beyond trusting us dirty Suvillans at our word?

Of course, I'm starting to wonder if we can actually hold either region.

Quite honestly losing half of its farmlands would probably be a deathsentance to Carelia anyway, I doubt Suville wants or needs Carelia's trust. Then again you could consider losing 3 of 4 duchies to be "the end" of a realm already so who knows. I think this will be a longish war seeing Lurgord and Tarkhog rogue several times, and then eventually politics will ruin a nice fight one way or an other.

OFaolain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: April 17, 2012, 02:35:20 AM »
and then eventually politics will ruin a nice fight one way or an other.

Haha, so it always goes.  If the new food system hits stable soon then you should be okay; it makes buying up food more than easy.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: April 17, 2012, 02:44:54 AM »
If the new food system hits stable soon Suville has no legitimate reason to go to war because since Tom did the changes to the food ouput on Dwilight I have been having a hard time to find a buy offer in D'hara, in this is in the winter so Suville will obviously be fine with how much food it gets then.
― G.K. Chesterton

OFaolain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: April 17, 2012, 02:52:26 AM »
Wow, if D'hara's not buying food, nobody is.  It's been a real pain to try and sell all the surplus Jorradith produces; Gaston's not buying and Darfix doesn't need it yet; managed to sell some a while back to Chrysantalys but that was about it.  I think it's just that the cities haven't run through the stockpiles they got when Tom implemented the code; hopefully they'll start running out and us rural lords can start making bank.

But yeah that would pretty well kill our excuse for war.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: April 17, 2012, 03:01:12 AM »
hopefully they'll start running out and us rural lords can start making bank.
To get off-topic for a moment with this thread I too hope cities will make more buy offers so that my trader may make more bank. I am already kinda rich but its always good to have more plus I haven't got to do much trading with my first trader which is kinda a bummer.  I actually don't know what to do with all my gold since I already bought the largest unit I can and still have tons to spare.
― G.K. Chesterton

Darksun

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Bucksplace
« Reply #40: April 17, 2012, 05:11:08 AM »
On the same coin, the new estate system will free up a lot more nobles for conquest. Realms that don't want to expand now will have a lot more opportunities. More expansion = more conflict.

Or so I'm told.

Anyway, glad to see that we've cleared up the misunderstanding about why Suville is picking on Carelia.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: April 17, 2012, 05:29:26 AM »
I know of a solution to the war but I doubt it will ever happen because I don't see you having Macima join Carelia once.
― G.K. Chesterton

de Aquitane

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: April 17, 2012, 05:44:11 AM »
Anyway, glad to see that we've cleared up the misunderstanding about why Suville is picking on Carelia.

Misunderstanding eh.  ;) I'm rather sure Suville is "picking" on Carelia for the long valued reasons of "because we can".

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: April 17, 2012, 01:42:58 PM »
Then again you could consider losing 3 of 4 duchies to be "the end" of a realm already so who knows.

Try telling that to Perdan ;D
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

squirrel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: April 17, 2012, 10:34:04 PM »
I am pretty new here...but does no one make fabricated land claims? or fabricate insults or something (intrigue) related to start wars?

Sure, I've done both. But you have to repeat the fabrication over and over to generate a Reality Distortion Field large enough to attract a following. Most people aren't up for that much work.
Never approach a vast undertaking with a half-vast plan.