Author Topic: A "no whining" policy ?  (Read 16457 times)

Zakilevo

Re: A "no whining" policy ?
« Reply #45: April 16, 2012, 02:07:45 AM »
Unfortunately, Tom is already against "Are you sure you want to do this?" buttons...

Tom already stated he will never ever add any 'are you sure' button unless it is very VERY important like a character deletion.

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46: April 16, 2012, 07:17:29 AM »
Tom already stated he will never ever add any 'are you sure' button unless it is very VERY important like a character deletion.

It wasn't a button I suggested, it was a text line in exactly the same way as already exists when you choose to send a message to the entire realm (in realms of a certain size).
WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...

egamma

« Reply #47: April 16, 2012, 04:08:23 PM »
It wasn't a button I suggested, it was a text line in exactly the same way as already exists when you choose to send a message to the entire realm (in realms of a certain size).

Yes, I like this idea. But can we make the gold text only appear for OOC messages?

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #48: April 16, 2012, 06:18:59 PM »
Yes,
Yes, I like this idea. But can we make the gold text only appear for OOC messages?

Yes, we can. Someone please propose a text.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49: April 16, 2012, 08:36:58 PM »
You are about to send out of character message to whole realm. Are you sure that everybody in the realm needs/wants to know or need to hear what you are about to post?
~Violence is always an option!~

egamma

« Reply #50: April 16, 2012, 08:38:30 PM »
Yes,
Yes, we can. Someone please propose a text.

Should this message be OOC?
If you have found a bug, please report it to the bugtracker (hyperlink).
If you want to complain about a game function that's working as intended, please use the forums (hyperlink to dev forum).

Naidraug

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #51: April 17, 2012, 06:39:19 PM »
Just a few comments(even if a little late):

1-) Please, Tom, before anything you need to stop using the "whining" term, as it was said before, it sound disrespectful and can push people away, as creator of the game you need to treat somethings with a more professional view than personal. People will always complain, you won't be able to satisfy all and taking it personally will injure your health and stress you out. Yes you are a player of the game. But he is also the boss. So for some things you need to be more professional(and this goes for all the staff and people that helps you, players or not, volunteers or not, the "Dev team" title, for example, represents you and BM official view of things) when it comes to this matters, free or not you still provide a service to a worldwide group of people. Not just your friends.

2-)Remove or in anyway discourage the OOC messages, removes the "playing with friends" aspect of the game. How can i become friend with a realm member if I can't send them OOC message? OOC message serves not only for venting and in-realm complaint, it helps people to know each other outside the character they created.

3-) I would suggest something more like, instead of adding a text asking if the message you're about to send should be OOC. Add it to the players page. There you can say:
If you have found a bug, please report it to the bugtracker (hyperlink).
If you want to complain about the game, please use the forums (hyperlink forum).-> Here can also be created a topic informing people of where to go (General talk go here, game function go here, magistrate case here, etc)
Stryfe Family: Tristan - Heorot/ Scherzer - Nothoi / Finan - Caelum / Arya - Farronite Republic

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #52: April 17, 2012, 07:20:21 PM »
might want to add (search existent entries 1st)....

though sad to say... i do drop a few duplicates in myself.
firefox