Author Topic: SMA/IR question  (Read 7915 times)

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: SMA/IR question
« Reply #15: July 11, 2012, 04:15:08 PM »
Haha,  I turned it around on them.  Im somehow a royal in terran and called them out for not addressing me properly...   Was told "That doesnt count"  and that I am just a Lady
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: July 11, 2012, 04:59:43 PM »
It's a known bug.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: July 11, 2012, 05:06:28 PM »
It's a known bug.
Well, you know what the rule is: Play through the bugs. Since the game says Allison is a Royal in Terran, she is a Royal in Terran. It's up to the players to decide how to RP that fact.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: July 11, 2012, 05:24:14 PM »
I play from a phone half the time and I can type out a vague 'Lord/Lady' to everyone, so its no excuse, mate. Hell, I run a business and do a thousand other things yet (somehow) find the time to play actively. Sure, I understand most folks can't handle that and I take my gaming too seriously, but adding a "Lords and Ladies" or whatever takes what, 3 seconds?

You know full-well the lack of title was ignored in good-faith until you began your condescending attitude and down-talking to the general Terran populace. We were plenty understanding of your phone dilemma, as much as I find it a baseless excuse since I can do it from a broken-all-to-hell piece of crap phone that can't even receive calls half the time.

This happens every single time you show up or speak to Terran, jeeze. Is it impossible for you to speak to others in a respectful tone? I beg to wonder if you just despise Terran or if this is regular behavior your own nobles had to tolerate during Allison's reign. That you pulled the Royalty Card and demanded we call you Your Royal Highness while ascertaining that your Royal blood means you don't need to address us by any title was the most absolute bull!@#$ excuse I've ever heard. I gave you the benefit of the doubt time and time again and lo and behold - you attitude, words and actions validate every single complaint I've heard about your character.

I'd find you a very entertaining protagonist if you weren't such an ass to everyone. I really like Allison's character but she seriously lacks the finesse I'd expect from an ambitious priestess and badass protagonist I thought she was. There's a BIG difference between an ambitious badass and someone who just doesn't know how to speak properly. I've RP'd murderers, rapists, corrupt politicians, assassins, psychopaths, but none of this excuses me from having a sense of awareness in behavior. Being a corrupt or ambitious noble is like being in the mob. Sure, you !@#$ around and do bad things but you still represent a higher purpose, a grand scheme, and you owe your respect others. You don't give your respects and mind your tongue, you'll most likely meet a guy like my crazy-ass former Italian-mobster neighbor who just got out of prison for murder after 35 years. (this whole area used to be Italian and Irish mobsters <_< Dear gods, you should see the mansions!)

The simple rule is, "To demand respect - it must first be given." This is the rule I live by. This is a basic form of etiquette that every society in existence stands by, including that of half-mindless animals in the wilds. If a damn wolf or wildcat can do it, if a pack of Geese or a school of fish can do it, why can't a well-educated, perfectly-coherent human being with at least a basic grasp of the English language and thumbs with which to type and communicate?

C'mon, were we REALLY asking so much for you to just slap a vague Lord/Lady at the beginning of your message? That shouldn't even BE a question! You can bet your ass I paid my highest regards to Asylonian lords when I was visiting while defending Via even though I was on my phone. Hell, I contacted Glaumring with some concerns and even went through the trouble of reading 90 bloody messages of IC and OOC arguments in the 'Moot, finally shutting everyone the hell up with a large message that literally made my thumbs hurt.

Using a phone is no excuse. Being disrespectful has no excuse. You request access to our lands and we give it. We allow you to do something that is blatantly illegal and immoral in our eyes out of respect for your beliefs and actions. We even set it up so that you can be a KNIGHT of Terran, incurring a gold income as Knight of MY region of Vassar, so that you can go on your merry way through to the Zuma, which is why you were to be based in Vassar in the first place, to be closer to the bloody Zuma. Do you REALLY think if we didn't want you going to the Zuma that we would have allowed you in the first place? That you'd be afforded the chance to take an estate in the region that literally borders Zuma lands? Really? It was done on purpose for your benefit, even though every damn chance you've been given you've thrown it in our face. Hell, Brom is with the Zuma right now. Did he ask for permission? Yes. Did he throw a massive chainsaw-juggling bitch-fit when we kindly asked where he was going? No. He said "I need to enter Zuma lands, mind if I swing by?" Guess what we said? The bloody medieval equivalent of "Sure! No problem man, have a good trip!"

I started this message calm and coherent but now I'm bloody pissed. I apologize if I let my anger get to me, but these things really tick me off. There is no excuse for disrespect, absolutely none. If I must respect people on a daily basis who do their worst to screw me over, if I have to mediate between sociopaths and emotionally-disturbed individuals in my volunteer work as a Sexual Abuse counselor, if I have to deal with a bunch of lying scumbags at work on a daily basis, if I can treat the man who ruined my life like he's actually a proper human being by showing a modicum of respect, if I and others can show a base level of respect for the humanity that somehow resides in a virulent mass of !@#$ing stupidity that exists in this world, of which I am exposed to on a constant basis either through necessity or choice - then you can type a god damn four-letter word before the other 50 words you'll inevitably be typing to explain how much you don't have the !@#$ing time to type that original four letter word in the first place. A simple "Sorry guys I'm on a phone, mind if I forsake titles for this trip? No hard feelings" would have sufficed but you chose to disrespect Terran and those you conversed with before, during, and after informing everyone of your phone usage which - again I'll re-state - isn't even a proper excuse.

I need a bloody cup of coffee before I stab the next client that walks in my office. Back in 20.
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #19: July 11, 2012, 06:25:21 PM »
Umm... he already uses those titles... so your entire post just got rendered void.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: July 11, 2012, 06:34:02 PM »
Jesus, does no one read? Its not about the titles and no, he did not use those titles for the most part. As far as I was involved, he ignored titles. Its been said multiple times its not about the titles (as we gave him the benefit of the doubt and let him get away with it for about 10 messages) but about the attitude, the disrespect, and the manner in which he communicated.
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: July 11, 2012, 07:33:09 PM »
Allisons attitude changed when Hireshmont got on her case for being in zuma lands.  Since then she has been borderline rude on purpose.  The titles thing wasnt intentionally rude, I just have short intervals of time to check/send messages
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: July 11, 2012, 08:10:34 PM »
We even set it up so that you can be a KNIGHT of Terran, incurring a gold income as Knight of MY region of Vassar, so that you can go on your merry way through to the Zuma, which is why you were to be based in Vassar in the first place, to be closer to the bloody Zuma. Do you REALLY think if we didn't want you going to the Zuma that we would have allowed you in the first place?
Actually, Terran did NOT want Allison to be near the Zuma. They wanted Allison as far from the Zuma as possible. That's why previous treaty proposals from Teran to Kabrinskia included the terms that Allison never, ever set foot in Zuma lands ever again. Had Aurvandil not surprise-invaded Barca, I don't think that Terran would have been so willing to end the war as it did, with Allison being allowed in Zuma lands. Terran doesn't so much "want" Allison talking to the Zuma so much as they are will to put up with it in order to end the northern war, and be able to focus on the southern front, and a possible Aurvandilian invasion.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: July 11, 2012, 08:27:13 PM »
Yes, I know. I am a Senator of Terran, I helped decide said terms. :-P Fact is, we were fully aware of her going to Zuma being part of joining Terran. As per dozens of messages to the Senate, I offered Vassar to her to keep her out of Terran heartlands and to ensure she hits the Zuma and buggers off as fast as possible, preventing any political issues and that really uncomfortable lack of realm-wide communication because no one wants to say anything sensitive while she's here >_>

What I'm saying is (and its hilarious because you just repeated exactly what I said today in realm-wide and Senator chat) we knew she would visit the Zuma and just wanted it over and done with ASAP.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: July 11, 2012, 08:32:03 PM »
Yes, I know. I am a Senator of Terran, I helped decide said terms. :-P Fact is, we were fully aware of her going to Zuma being part of joining Terran. As per dozens of messages to the Senate, I offered Vassar to her to keep her out of Terran heartlands and to ensure she hits the Zuma and buggers off as fast as possible
Smart move. Shove the trouble off onto someone else. :p

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: July 11, 2012, 08:48:27 PM »
This happens every single time you show up or speak to Terran, jeeze. Is it impossible for you to speak to others in a respectful tone? I beg to wonder if you just despise Terran or if this is regular behavior your own nobles had to tolerate during Allison's reign. That you pulled the Royalty Card and demanded we call you Your Royal Highness while ascertaining that your Royal blood means you don't need to address us by any title was the most absolute bull!@#$ excuse I've ever heard. I gave you the benefit of the doubt time and time again and lo and behold - you attitude, words and actions validate every single complaint I've heard about your character.

I'd find you a very entertaining protagonist if you weren't such an ass to everyone. I really like Allison's character but she seriously lacks the finesse I'd expect from an ambitious priestess and badass protagonist I thought she was. There's a BIG difference between an ambitious badass and someone who just doesn't know how to speak properly. I've RP'd murderers, rapists, corrupt politicians, assassins, psychopaths, but none of this excuses me from having a sense of awareness in behavior. Being a corrupt or ambitious noble is like being in the mob. Sure, you !@#$ around and do bad things but you still represent a higher purpose, a grand scheme, and you owe your respect others. You don't give your respects and mind your tongue, you'll most likely meet a guy like my crazy-ass former Italian-mobster neighbor who just got out of prison for murder after 35 years. (this whole area used to be Italian and Irish mobsters <_< Dear gods, you should see the mansions!)

Allison's not a protagonist. She's an antagonist. That's what she does: Antagonize people  ;D

And, she's very, very good at it.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: July 11, 2012, 10:08:43 PM »
Right, misuse of the word. I truly meant antagonist and I apologize for all the world's heroes I have so profoundly insulted.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: July 12, 2012, 02:00:51 AM »
Well, you know what the rule is: Play through the bugs. Since the game says Allison is a Royal in Terran, she is a Royal in Terran. It's up to the players to decide how to RP that fact.

Yup. We are. She has "sovereign immunity."

Of course, when I tell Lysander she's still claiming to be sovereign of Kabrinskia, I'm unsure what his response will be.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner