Author Topic: Stuff Brom Does  (Read 42984 times)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff Brom Does
« Reply #15: April 21, 2012, 11:27:16 AM »
Don't gloat just yet. Brom's a nobody in SA, so if Allison disappears in the next little while you'll find yourself somewhat alone I suspect. Lysander for example doesn't really know anything about Brom other than that the Solarians hate his guts, which isn't calculated to make him popular or anything.  ;)

If Allison sticks around, well, that's a different story. She's got more than enough influence to force SA to accept you and even acknowledge you as a potential power player... Could be interesting.

I'm not gloating(yet). I will say though that regardless of the turnout, I am very happy with how much fun this issue is already setting me up to have with many different characters across multiple realms.

Also, you're argument is flawed in the case that you're assuming Brom's only powerful contact in SA is Allison. Not that you'll be learning who the others are, but hey the more the merrier eh? Also, he'll certainly be making sure to do everything to keep Allison around if at all possible. Kind of has an important reason to at this point.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: April 21, 2012, 12:34:04 PM »
Well, it wouldn't be the first time a Queen conspicuously tips over a balcony when Brom is around...

Or a King was poisoned.  Or a rebellion—or four—hatched.

skiarxon@gmail.com

« Reply #17: April 21, 2012, 06:38:20 PM »
The Silverfire family is like the bad guys in the cartoons. So many schemes so many fails.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: April 21, 2012, 06:53:27 PM »
And he would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for those meddling Lurians!

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: April 21, 2012, 09:34:36 PM »
Well, it wouldn't be the first time a Queen conspicuously tips over a balcony when Brom is around...

That was the most dumbfounded moment in my BM history. Trying to RP that one safely was ridiculous. She certainly didn't make things easy for me.
The Silverfire family is like the bad guys in the cartoons. So many schemes so many fails.

Hey, hey hey, Brom's the only one like that in the group. At least that you'll catch. Good luck trying to catch Merlin in a scheme. (At least those not foiled by bugs)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 10:23:27 PM by Dante Silverfire »
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: April 22, 2012, 02:17:27 AM »
I think it's about time Hrok sent the man a wedding gift.

Maybe one of those legs...
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: April 22, 2012, 02:22:45 AM »

So... Brom is Wile E. Coyote? Then who's Road Runner?  :o
------
qui audet vincit

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: April 22, 2012, 03:24:59 AM »
That was the most dumbfounded moment in my BM history. Trying to RP that one safely was ridiculous. She certainly didn't make things easy for me.

Shouldn't have poisoned Katerina's husband you scoundrel - you were her best-friend, and you deserved to watch her die! :P
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

skiarxon@gmail.com

« Reply #23: April 22, 2012, 03:29:08 AM »

Everyone else.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: April 22, 2012, 03:52:58 AM »
Shouldn't have poisoned Katerina's husband you scoundrel - you were her best-friend, and you deserved to watch her die! :P

Katerina should have seen Brom was a much better option. On the other hand, I gave him the antidote and he wasn't doing that great being King anyway. The realm could have easily been saved with Katerina not jumping out a window.

On the other hand, I would have never done it if I'd known they were engaged. Was really left without any options past a certain point though.

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: April 22, 2012, 03:59:39 AM »
Katerina should have seen Brom was a much better option. On the other hand, I gave him the antidote and he wasn't doing that great being King anyway. The realm could have easily been saved with Katerina not jumping out a window.

On the other hand, I would have never done it if I'd known they were engaged. Was really left without any options past a certain point though.

Brom was friendzoned, and he never made any moves on Katerina. Even then, it wasn't about saving the realm, but the tragedy in losing one's husband to-be at the hands of a traitor.

Don't worry about it though, I'll just go poison Allison and watch you jump off a balcony  ;D.

The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: April 22, 2012, 04:07:30 AM »
Brom was friendzoned, and he never made any moves on Katerina. Even then, it wasn't about saving the realm, but the tragedy in losing one's husband to-be at the hands of a traitor.

Don't worry about it though, I'll just go poison Allison and watch you jump off a balcony  ;D.

Traitor is really harsh. Brom was nothing but a servant of the realm for the entirety of his time in Pian. (note: not servant of the King/Queen, but of the realm) The King needed replacement, and so it got done.

Try that though, not sure it'll work out as you want it to. Mine certainly didn't.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: April 22, 2012, 05:56:56 AM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: April 22, 2012, 02:29:12 PM »
Traitor is really harsh. Brom was nothing but a servant of the realm for the entirety of his time in Pian. (note: not servant of the King/Queen, but of the realm) The King needed replacement, and so it got done.

I've seen that expression very often, and always wondered what it meant, "servant of the realm, not of the King/Queen". So far it has seemed to be "servant of oneself", to me.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: April 22, 2012, 03:31:52 PM »

D'Hara, considering everyone wants to get their hands on us but none of them actually did it.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron