Author Topic: The War of the Hearth Right  (Read 67360 times)

Gustav Kuriga

The War of the Hearth Right
« Topic Start: May 24, 2012, 11:46:29 AM »
Since there seems to be a lot of interesting rp going on in this realm, I thought I'd make a thread for discussing it. If someone would like to write a summary of what happened recently at the King's palace, that would be great.

My character, Sir Henzo, seems to have made an impression, negative and positive, depending on whose pov we are looking from.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Sorraine
« Reply #1: May 24, 2012, 12:02:49 PM »
Sorraine is basically the most baller realm in the game.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Arrakis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: May 24, 2012, 12:55:58 PM »
I agree. The recent events have been very interesting. Not sure what to do with Giskard though, since he lost the duel his shame is eternal and his egoistical and fanatical personality can hardly live with that.
Gregorian (Eponllyn), Baudouin (Cathay), Thaddeus (Cathay), Leopold (Niselur)

egamma

« Reply #3: May 24, 2012, 02:35:18 PM »
I agree. The recent events have been very interesting. Not sure what to do with Giskard though, since he lost the duel his shame is eternal and his egoistical and fanatical personality can hardly live with that.

More duels!

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #4: May 24, 2012, 03:51:46 PM »
Henzo is definitely up for duels.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: May 24, 2012, 03:56:51 PM »
Throw a tournament and win to prove his skill with a blade!

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: May 24, 2012, 09:42:42 PM »
Throw a tournament and win to prove his skill with a blade!

That is after I cremate Giskard's now dead body from his suicide at the palace, and after I scold Selene for her obvious disrespect and banish Henzo for his treason.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #7: May 24, 2012, 10:01:59 PM »
That is after I cremate Giskard's now dead body from his suicide at the palace, and after I scold Selene for her obvious disrespect and banish Henzo for his treason.

Nyuuu! Don't banish poor Henzo!

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: May 24, 2012, 10:03:33 PM »
Booo! Don't banish the poor guy. He stopped you from either getting killed, or flaunting the will of Sartan.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: May 24, 2012, 10:16:14 PM »
The Far East map doesn't work properly for me (no realms), but I have a general idea where it might be. My crazy (half-crazy?) character might wander up there sometime. He's already traveled the map once. But he's only an advy still :/

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #10: May 24, 2012, 11:01:59 PM »
Try the Political Map.  It's the old dynamic map.  Better until they get the bugs worked out of the new system, IMO.

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: May 24, 2012, 11:32:14 PM »
Booo! Don't banish the poor guy. He stopped you from either getting killed, or flaunting the will of Sartan.

Regardless, he stood for someone who called his King a blasphemer.... in a Holy Kingdom...

That immediately makes him guilty by association, unfortunately.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: May 25, 2012, 12:19:08 AM »
He didn't stand to defend them, he stood to stop the King from doing something wrong. Although I doubt Caspius is in any kind of condition to recognize the distinction.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #13: May 25, 2012, 01:07:54 AM »
He didn't stand to defend them, he stood to stop the King from doing something wrong. Although I doubt Caspius is in any kind of condition to recognize the distinction.

This. If you guys read my second to last rp, I told Lady Maria this very thing... unfortunately, it was supposed to be posted before the suicide, but I didn't finish it till afterwards.

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: May 25, 2012, 06:39:40 AM »

I would have to disagree. You stop someone from doing something wrong by telling them (verbal communication), with minimal physical interference (like Mathilda did.) Henzo, however, drew his blade and pointed it right at his own King, informing him he'd have to go through him first. His reason was inadequate, for if we look on the holy scale, I would think Caspius far outweighs Maria. That is defense, plain and simple :P. I see it as such both OOCly and ICly.

If Henzo isn't banished, he'll be punished one way or another.