Author Topic: The War of the Hearth Right  (Read 68041 times)

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
Re: Sorraine
« Reply #30: May 31, 2012, 09:36:51 PM »
Heh.  I'm familiar with how that goes, we had our Judge give one of our nobles a fine some months ago, then our banker turned around and gave him the money to pay it because he was one of our only traders.  The only mistake he made was telling the judge he was doing this . . . now they have a feud going that makes being ruler interesting.

Yeah, first rule of plotting - don't tell the people you're plotting against about your plot. My character was plotting against the realm she was ruler of for over a year and, even though her plot came to fruition and destroyed the realm, as she intended, no one else knows about it.

Mod edit: Fixed quoting -Indirik
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 10:15:28 PM by Indirik »

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #31: June 01, 2012, 12:32:31 AM »
And now Henzo's killed one of the royal guards... he must have a thing about royalty that sets him off.

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: June 01, 2012, 09:19:10 AM »
And now Henzo's killed one of the royal guards... he must have a thing about royalty that sets him off.

They are only 'royal guards' in your view  ;), I'll post an RP on that when I wake up. Also, I will invite Hendrick, but I am in the middle of reforming the church, creating common law, and constructing my amazing super cool awesome royal palace. Not to mention all the murder outside my study....
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #33: June 01, 2012, 03:39:40 PM »
Sorraine has to be the best realm I've ever been a part of, RP-wise.

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: June 01, 2012, 07:11:15 PM »

The sad thing is that all realms used to be like this in terms of RP. I like to think that the balance in Sorraine at the moment is just right - not so many RPs that people are swamped with them (like they used to be back in 05 and 06 - I used to routinely log into 100 messages) but enough that the realm doesn't stay too quiet either :)

Broose

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: June 01, 2012, 09:25:46 PM »

I hope we can keep this sort of thing up for awhile. No wars going on? Just roleplay wacky Sartanian antics in the palace.

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: June 02, 2012, 11:27:33 AM »
I hope we can keep this sort of thing up for awhile. No wars going on? Just roleplay wacky Sartanian antics in the palace.

It was my goal, ever since I wanted to be a ruler back in Dwilight, to have a realm that keeps things going whether in war or not. Though I think some of the RPs lately could have been considered a little spam-like, it should balance out with coronation and feasts. Feasts will be hosted at least once every IC season, so every 21 days, and perhaps some 'Holy days' could be RPed. Maybe something like a giant mass at the temple in Ossaet.

I also want to set up a foundation for inheritances and perhaps some inter-realm feuding that does not compromise the entire realm. Like in Ossaet, since its now CoS headquarters, to inherit the city - should Jatha die or abscond - you must be a priest of Sartan. This makes it an Archbishopric, and no longer a duchy. This system could then lead to inter-realm feuding.

Example: (Since its an elective system, considering no one has sons or daughters of age) Duchess Taylin names Lendin heir to the duchy of Akanos. Ciann, who's not to happy about that, could either try getting on Talyin's good side by meeting with her and getting to know her. Or, she could try making Lendin look bad by sabotaging his reputation, or even dueling him to the death. 

Instead of everyone gunning for the rulership position all the time, including knights (which makes little sense), we could have people gunning for the next position in line. Knights for lordships, Lords for duchies and Kingship, Dukes the same as lords, while everyone guns for the council positions (considering they are separate from the direct hierarchy.) Kind of a Crusader Kings II outline, but something I wish to have.

The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: June 03, 2012, 05:54:16 PM »
Kind of a Crusader Kings II outline, but something I wish to have.

CK2 is an awesome game but if we want Sorraine to be like it then we're gonna need more assassinations :p

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: June 03, 2012, 06:06:19 PM »
We can do that. We just need to have a good reason. ;)
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: June 03, 2012, 06:06:53 PM »
CK2 is an awesome game but if we want Sorraine to be like it then we're gonna need more assassinations :p

I could arrange that...  ;D

Edit- damn, indirik beat me to it.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: June 03, 2012, 06:10:08 PM »
We can do that. We just need to have a good reason. ;)

Do we have any assassins?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: June 03, 2012, 06:29:33 PM »
Piss off the wrong people and find out.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: June 03, 2012, 07:53:00 PM »
I just joined Sorraine (Sir Yarvik). Thanks for the welcoming words @King Caspius!

The RP is pretty heavy to digest, not knowing what's going on though :) I'll get into it

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: June 03, 2012, 07:59:42 PM »
Is it just me, or did Sorraine suddenly become lesbian central?

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #44: June 03, 2012, 08:21:06 PM »
Is it just me, or did Sorraine suddenly become lesbian central?

And why should this even warrant a comment? As a bi-sexual myself, I find it worrying if that was an issue at all.