Author Topic: Cult of Bloodmoon  (Read 37026 times)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Cult of Bloodmoon
« Topic Start: July 02, 2012, 12:44:51 PM »
This is where question or answers about the Cult of Bloodmoon go. CoB doesnt have gods or anything besides eating of the Bloodmoon fruit. Basically the temples are built to control consumption of the fruit. Eating of the fruit causes visions/predictions or anything the player wants to explore in a roleplay context.

A brief history of Bloodmoon fruit (picture a dragon fruit that grows on palm trees instead). Bloodmoon fruit is from the tomb island regions originally growing mid-Dwilight the best. Used by the Dwillii people for thousands of years in shamanic rituals etc. Glaumring is born in Port Raviel, immigrates to north Dwilight bringing with him the first seeds, plants first seeds in Storms keep, the plants change in the extreme north creating a harsher smaller plant. Glaumring moves to Asylon. The Saxons wage the first war on the plant destroying almost every plant in Thulsoma. Glaumring uses the Thulsoma plants and crossbreeds with native plants in Vakreno heaps in the COB original guildhouse. The guildhouse falls, plants grow wild in Vakreno. The new strain in the most powerful ever.

-Gift of Bloodmoon from Thulsoma sent by Glaumring to the Prophet of Sanguis Astroism.

Lady Ven Dhalgren discovers the plant while tending her new estate in Vakreno. Begins to tend them asks Glaumring for guidance.

-first gift of Bloodmoon to the Zuma, it pleases them.

Glaumring unleashes Bloodmoon on Asylon entire, a huge festival orgy that goes on for days happens, the kingdom goes mad.

Nobles protest, some indulge, the realm is split between the advocators of Bloodmoon and its destroyers.

In order to establish order, the first temple to the Cult of Bloodmoon fruit is built in Vakreno in order to train people in its proper use.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Re: Cult of Bloodmoon
« Reply #1: July 02, 2012, 04:27:50 PM »
Also because Cult of Bloodmoon is without gods it is meant to be rather dynamic. CoB can be mixed easily with any other religion. Any one can found their own splintercell cult say an Astroist bloodmoon cult, or an Elemantalist bloodmoon cult. Or any other if they desire, there is no canon or rule beyond using the fruit to read the future or discover the secrets of the universe or even expore ones own faith.

CoB 's singular unifying idea is eat the fruit. There is no other creed beyond that anything else is what you decide. CoB is meant to schism, it is meant to be fractured, a northern COB cult might worship sone sort of odd alien gods and a southern cult eats human flesh and drinks bloodmoon juice during the process. The two cults are merely united under the creed of the fruit and that is all.

So go out and spread the seed of the fruit to every corner of the earth and found a million cults under the sun. Be free, start a cult of thousands, or start a cult of a solo monk. The concept is freedom and creativity united under the discovery of eternity under the power of the fruit of Bloodmoon.

Ender

• Noble Lord
  • Neill Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: July 02, 2012, 05:02:12 PM »
I like this idea quite a bit! Though I'm not in Dwilight anymore to take advantage of it.

Does the fruit contain some kind of hallucinogens that gives it the desired quality for shamanistic rituals and its other uses?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: July 02, 2012, 05:04:55 PM »
Personally, I question the validity of a religion without any gods on an SMA island.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: July 02, 2012, 05:12:56 PM »
Personally, I question the validity of a religion without any gods on an SMA island.

Here we go again... Plus with COb you can make up any god tou want to worship, how in hell am
i to know what things or where the cult will go. Its up to them to
Decide if they want gods. I supply the drug... You supply the trip.

Yeah ok star worshiper. We worship the fruit.

Seriously Indirik, do you have to stop by and be an !@#$%^& in everything I do?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 05:16:50 PM by Glaumring »

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: July 02, 2012, 05:17:33 PM »
Meh, I've gotten into this with Bedwyr over tMP before. But that one I could at least sort of understand. This one... even your prophet says you're not really a religion. You say you don't have gods, and you don't have worship. Your religion is just there to control and study a fruit. How is that a religion? Keep in mind that it has already been declared that philosophy-style religions are not appropriate for SMA.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: July 02, 2012, 05:17:57 PM »

Here we go again...

Yeah ok star worshiper. We worship the fruit.

Yeah...no.

Nobody worships fruit. People have worshiped nature spirits, ancestors, stars, the sun and moon, and Gods in various forms, but I really seriously doubt that anyone in the history of the world has ever worshipped a fruit.

That doesn't mean they haven't used hallucinogenic and other naturally-occurring psychotropic substances in religious rituals and such. That happened all the time. But that doesn't in any way, shape or form mean that they're worshipping the LSD, peyote, or opium.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: July 02, 2012, 05:20:06 PM »
So you're a Bring Your Own Gods religion? Seriously?

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: July 02, 2012, 05:20:38 PM »
Meh, I've gotten into this with Bedwyr over tMP before. But that one I could at least sort of understand. This one... even your prophet says you're not really a religion. You say you don't have gods, and you don't have worship. Your religion is just there to control and study a fruit. How is that a religion? Keep in mind that it has already been declared that philosophy-style religions are not appropriate for SMA.

How do you know where we are going with this? We just started we are fleshing stuff out.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: July 02, 2012, 05:21:38 PM »
Fruit is nature.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: July 02, 2012, 05:26:15 PM »
Fruit is nature.

No, it's not. It's a tiny part of nature. It's completely inappropriate for an SMA religion.

Like Indirik says, what you've described is not, in fact, a religion. It's basically a scientific society. You want a guild, not a religion.

A religion has, at the very least, something spiritual to offer: explanations for the cosmos, higher beings to whom we can assign responsibility for our actions, something about life after death, that sort of thing. Your cult doesn't have anything like that. It just has drugs.

How do you know where we are going with this? We just started we are fleshing stuff out.

Then you should have waited to found it until it was actually a religion, and not just a bunch of stoners.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: July 02, 2012, 05:28:57 PM »
You have no idea and are merely jealous because you didnt think of an interesting idea for a new religion.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: July 02, 2012, 05:34:54 PM »
You have no idea and are merely jealous because you didnt think of an interesting idea for a new religion.

Actually, I've got a fantastic idea for a religion. I just haven't had a good opportunity to found it yet.
Timothy Collett

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: July 02, 2012, 05:45:47 PM »
Drugs and religion? It's been done before, you really didn't invent anything new here.

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: July 02, 2012, 06:08:30 PM »

Budhism.. Which war arround in medieval times, making your your point bull!@#$.

Also philosophy has been arround... since recorded history, making your point even more wrong.